“Tradition”
Review of Firefly

Firefly
Reserve with OpenTable
Firefly is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$14 - US$42
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Beach Rd.
Description: Casual Fine Dining at it"s Finest! Firefly specializes locally caught seafood, mouthwatering steaks seared on an 1800 degree broiler, wild game, fresh sushi and artisan pizzas. Winner of Florida Trend's Golden Spoon Award, OpenTable's 100 Most Romantic Restaurants in America, Urbanspoon's Top 250 High End Restaurant and Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence, quality of food and service is Firefly's mission. The atmosphere is more like New York City than Panama City. Firefly is the locals choice for a romantic night out, or a special occasion. Firefly has also played host to Country Music Stars, Heisman Trophy winners and the President of The United States. Firefly was one of eight restaurants selected to cook for the athletes and dignitaries in the USA House at the 2012 London Olympics. We want it to be much more than dinner, we want to treat you to a unique dining experience!
Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

It's become a tradition to visit Firefly over the years during our vacation. We own a timeshare across the street so walking to the restaurant is no problem. We like to have a drink in the library, where it is dark and underused. The tv for me is out of place in this setting, a screen type for large crowds. It does not do much for the romantic ambience. Cocktails were quality and of good portion. The 3 Olive brand martini's are $5 on Tuesday Our dinners did not disappoint.

Tuna tataki, appetizer with ponzu was tender and delicious. Escargot en crute was tender and garlicky delicious.

PEPPER-CRUSTED STUFFED FILET MIGNON
cream cheese, feta, spinach & bacon over roasted potato & red pepper hash with roast garlic cream, red wine reduction is my favorite and one I choose most often. (cooked to order perfectly) Brussels Sprouts with
House Cured Pancetta, Toasted Pecans, Honey Dressing & Pecorino Cheese were a little under but still delightful.

Pork cheeks were so tender and flavorful. Table mates enjoyed their wasabi seared Tuna and my husband had a fish dish that I'm not remembering to describe. It likely was grouper. Had spaghetti fried potato on top, pan seared I believe. It was a good bite for me but I was more interested in my meat. The table had bread pudding. More of a cinnamon roll type was enjoyed. The Sandman port (20) year was good. My table mates felt the service was not as formal or detailed as previous visits. I agree, but it didn't ruin my night. We will carry on the tradition!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,029)

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Whenever I go to Firefly I have a problem to deal with: Which superb tasting and exquisitely presented entree to order.

Best She Crab soup on the Gulf Coast - even rivaling anything I've had in New Orleans!
Make sure to have the server drizzle some Sherry for the perfect taste enhancement.

Select ANY entree, you cannot go wrong. Just wing it and indulge in something new. You will not be disappointed.

Do not skip desert. Creme Brûlée is a perfect finish with a Cappuccino!

Alright, just writing this review has got me craving the Sushi now. Pair it with a special Martini for a memorable light night out.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Gotta love this place, never go wrong. Super food, great drinks and friendly but not too friendly service. Easy parking. Easy to nake a reservation.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Without a doubt the service and food exceeded our expectations. What a place to relax and enjoy a great meal. The lamb and tuna were well presented and exuded flavour. it is definitely one of those places where paying a little more is rewarded in presentation and quality. The couscous needs a little tweeking with another veggie is the only drawback.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

This is my wife and I see premiere date night spot in Panama City Beach! The food is phenomenal, the wine list is fantastic, and the service is on point! We will continue to come back here for our regular special occasion nights!