“A Gem of a SteakHouse in Panama City Beach, Florida”

Boars Head Restaurant & Tavern
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Boar's head Restaurant and Tavern is a casual fine dining establishment located on Panama City Beach, Florida . We serve fresh seafood and steaks that we cut in house everyday. Our award winning slow roasted Prime Rib of Beef has been a house specialty since we opened in 1978.
Reviewed 7 September 2015

My wife and I were staying in a rental condo right on Panama City Beach. I had eaten at Boars Head a few years ago with a good friend and the meal we had was great. So my wife and I were in the mood for a good steak and the Boars Head did not disappoint to say the least. Our cuts of Filet were as tender, lean, and delicious as I had remembered before. The rest of the menu is quite varied so one could have ordered fresh fish from the Gulf of Mexico as well. Additionally, the desert menu was wonderful also. I have made Boars Head one of my "default restaurants" for the next time my wife and I return to Panama City Beach.

Reviewed 31 August 2015 via mobile

I've been coming to the Boars Head for many years so it's always like a trip down memory lane. The decor is dated, but the food is exceptional. I always get the special filet which is an early bird special. I also love the mashed potatoes and the bread is fantastic.

Reviewed 21 August 2015

Quiet atmosphere with comfortable chairs on rollers. Friendly service. All the early bird specials (4:30 - 6:00) are very good. $14.99 Great salad comes with it, and is always very cold & fresh, including sesame seeds. (If allergic, specify you don't want them.)

Reviewed 19 August 2015

We went to Boars Head while on vacation. We typically have one special dinner while we vacation and this was it! Our teenage daughter had the seafood au gratin, my husband had the early bird ribs which were AMAZING, and I got the King Crab Legs. We all kind of shared everything and we all enjoyed every bite! The atmosphere, service, and everything about the evening was perfect. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 17 August 2015

Three of us had a wonderful dinner at the Boar's Head. It is has a nice building with a friendly staff. We were seated without waiting about 7:30. Go early or later in the evening. Between six and seven is a popular time. I had a filet that was almost burned. I had asked for medium well. I just removed the well done edges and it was good.