“Irma escapees”
Review of Osprey on the Gulf

Osprey on the Gulf
Ranked #2 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 19 September 2017

We were escaping Irma and had to find a room at short notice. I feel very lucky we found this hotel. However, we stayed in the property next to the Osprey which is more like a motel than a hotel. We were just so grateful to get any room. The room was clean except for the carpet. After the 12 hour car drive my daughter took her shoes and socks off and within 3 minutes had black soles! I always bring my slippers to hotels but it's hard to make a 4 year old wear anything she doesn't want to. The small kitchen area was fine and did the job. The pools were fine. There is a small play area for the kids. When Irma came it was only a tropical storm in PCB and very windy. We were grateful for the kitchen area because the restaurants all closed then. The employees were all very helpful and friendly. The only negative point for us was that the people who stayed on the ground floor all smoked. If you're in the kiddy pool you can smell smoke. If you are on your own balcony, you can smell smoke. The hotel is non-smoking so, I expect, people go outside to smoke. This, in turn, makes it uncomfortable for the people who don't smoke and still want to enjoy the outdoor areas.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Travel-fiend888
Driftwoodpcb, Owner at Osprey on the Gulf, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Thank you for your review. I am very happy that the staff was welcoming and accommodating and that we were able to be a refuge for you. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such detailed feedback about your stay. I am very sorry to hear that several things throughout your stay did not meet your expectations. Please note that your concerns have been passed on to our housekeeping management. We do hope you give us another chance as we will definitely improve our services.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

I simply do not understand the 4.5 rate of this hotel. Either these reviews are fake or the people giving a good review haven't traveled much.

Our room had a stove that had two burners that didn't work. Everytime we opened the fridge door the rail of the door shelf fell off. The toilet paper holder fell apart every time you rolled the paper. There was no safe in the room. We had to request a toaster. We must have called the desk to report each of these things twice. When I asked to speak to a manager at one point the OWNER got on the phone and rather than being gracious and asking how she could help us. She told me she would be happy to refund our money as long as we got out of the room within 15 minutes!!!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? We couldn't have repacked in15 minutes never mind find another room and pack. She actually threatened to evict us if we dared complain again. OH, and her excuse for not fixing the things was that no one reported them.

BEWARE! It is a DUMP!!!! The owner came off as a slum lord. The pictures of pool are not accurate. The pools are half size that they appear. The views from the room was nice however the floor of patio was cracked and walls were chipped.

I could go on and on. But I don't want to even think of this place again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 494patsyk

I hope this note finds well. I regret that you were dissatisfied; we take great pride in offering a quality beach vacation at a fair price. Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Regards,

Reviewed 7 September 2017

This hotel is very comfortable. The rooms are neat and clean. To my knowledge, every room had an ocean-view balcony. The staff was very friendly, helpful, and made you feel a priority. The amenities were simple, but very adequate. There were nice heated swimming pools, a hot tub, shuffle board, and a Tiki bar open every day with daily specials.

I would highly recommend this place to my friends and family.

I would say the main draw-back is that is in the heavy commercial area, so if you're looking for quiet walking, you may need to consider another location. However, for its location, once inside, you do not encounter the hustle and bustle of the front street. The room are quiet.

Room Tip: We had an efficiency which was very nice and made is more comfortable.
Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. We appreciate your recent stay at the Osprey and thank you for trusting us with your family’s vacation. I am glad you found our location to be convenient and our resort clean and comfortable. We would be delighted to welcome you back when your travels bring you this way again.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

location was great, everything within walking distance. The room was very neat & clean. The view was beautiful. The tiki bar was cool, played ping pong, cornhole & had some drinks. The hot tub & pool were both warm. The beach & ocean were paradise.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 6 September 2017

The Osprey is in a very good location. Not too far from Pier Park and it has it's own stretch of beach for its guess. It is a no frills type hotel. Daily room service, beach facing balcony rooms. The hotel is a little worn from age, but it is a good value.

Room Tip: Any room above the 3rd floor
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

I am pleased to hear that you find our location to your liking. On your next visit, we are happy to share with you a sample itinerary that will help you maximize your stay in the area. I hope to see you again soon.