All reviews front desk across the street continental breakfast yogurt the penthouse king suite gulf world full kitchen living room street side ocean view hot tub small kitchen panama city rooms were very clean pull out couch the room was nice
Reviewed 30 May 2016

I have mixed feelings about this place. I stayed here for a few days during our family vacation and I will say that it was just okay. The staff isn't very attentive and I got the feeling the front desk staff were overwhelmed. To their credit it was Memorial day weekend, so they were very busy.

Upon arrival the lobby was clean and very nicely decorated. There is a great view to the beach while you check in you can see directly out to the water. We had more than one car and there were no issues with receiving an extra parking permit. Here is my first gripe; the parking is horrible. I had to park across the street and walk half a block back to the hotel. I will say that I did not feel unsafe, and I attribute most of that to the fact there is constantly groups of people walking up and down the strip. They did mention that there was 24 hour security on site, but I only seen him the first night.

The room was spacious, and the balcony had a great view over looking the gulf. I would say that it was pretty clean, but there was one thing the house keepers seemed to miss. When I was about to check out and doing a last run through of the room to make sure I didn't leave anything behind, I found a used condom below the head-board of the bed. I didn't complain but nonetheless it's still disgusting.

The pool is small compared to nearby properties I have stayed in before. The hot tub was nice, but because there were so many people I never really had the chance to get in and enjoy.

Here are the things I really enjoyed. Directly on the beach with access to the water by walking through the pool area. I also will say that for a 12 story building I never really waited more than 30 seconds for an elevator. There is a cute little beach bar located in the parking lot over looking the beach.

Also the location is perfect. Directly on Front Beach road about 1 1/2 miles to Pier Park. Lots of things to do within walking distance.

All in all I wouldn't say it was bad visit, and I would stay here again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: All rooms face the Gulf
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank GeorgiaTraveler16
Reviewed 27 May 2016

We stayed at the Legacy By the Sea. The room was clean and the view the best ever in the king suite two huge picture windows with ocean front. Lay in bed and see the beauty of the ocean. The staff was friendly. Loved the Barefoot Hideaway Grill the food was awesome. We loved the hot tub in the mornings and late evenings. My husband had gotten his cell phone wet and the staff at the Barefoot Grille was gracious enough to give my dry rice in a bag to dry it out. Could not thank them enough as it saved the phone. Will definitely be staying again!!! Alanna M.- Georgia

Room Tip: ocean front, balcony, pool and hot tub, continental breakfast
Reviewed 26 May 2016

Every place needs a Miss Karen at their front desk! She enjoys her job and has a great desire to make your stay enjoyable. She went above and beyond to make what could have been a miserable stay to a great stay!
If you are looking for a place to stay with an oceanfront room with a balcony , reasonably priced, look here. The rooms are nice with a kitchen with small regular fridge, small 4 burner stove, microwave, sitting area with a sleeper sofa, table and chairs and 2 tv's. The beds were pillow top and very comfortable. The beds are as you enter the room, then bath and kitchen and the sitting area was in the back with the balcony. I would have preferred they be switched with the beds by the balcony for it to be quieter.
Breakfast was a BASIC continental breakfast, bagels, toast, muffins, cereal, yogurt bananas, apples and drinks that were served downstairs, outside at the restaurant next door.
Laundry is a plus for some. $2 for wash, $2 for dry, per load. You could buy detergent and softener there. You could get change at the front desk.
There are a some restaurants within walking distance if you enjoy walking and don't want to leave your parking space.
The beach is great! The rental chairs are $35 or $40, depending on who you talk to, no prices are posted.
I think this would be a great place for a family beach trip. We enjoyed our stay.
NOTE: check with your hotels about what groups might be staying at the hotel during your stay, if this is something that might interfere with the enjoyment of your vacation, school groups, ball teams etc.

3  Thank Halesky
Reviewed 25 May 2016

We visited this location to celebrate our anniversary and my graduation. Upon arriving at the facility, we experienced an issue related to parking. My husband is disabled and we had to park in the lower lot in front of the facility. However, the issue was access to the hotel could only be obtained by going up to steep hills. This was very difficult not only for him in his wheelchair, but also for me when trying to get our luggage up the hill with the carrier.
Once we arrived in the room, we were extermely pleased with how clean it was. We also loved the view from our balcony it was absolutely beautiful. As for the location and ammeties it was excellent. Howerver, the breakfast was not. It basically consist of cearl, yogart, and muffins. Therefore, we chose to eat at a little resturant called All American Dinner. It was great and right across the street from the hotel. Overall, the our trip was wonderful and we do paln to stay at the Legacy again

Room Tip: Any room that ends with 6 or 7 will provide the best views of the ocean from your baclony and the best access to the elevators.
Reviewed 24 May 2016

I like this hotel because it is convenience to go around and all rooms face to the beach, have your own balcony friendly stuffs and it is easy to go to the beach. The only that I don't like the parking space if we come back late at night time, we have to park across the street. The breakfast needs to improve.