“Oct. 2011” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Rockwood, Tennessee
“Oct. 2011”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

This is our third year staying at this hotel when we go to Panama City Beach for fall break. I would like to say that the hotel is good for the price and location. The best is that there are two resturants with in walking distance of the hotel and that it is right down the road from Pier Park.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

We stayed at this hotel due to a mix up on our reservation at a nearby condo property. (The mix up was my fault at the condo, so no complaints about that property whatsoever, other than they recommended this hotel to us for one night until our unit was vacant at the condo.) Legacy by the Sea charged $180.00 for a king bedroom with a jacuzzi tub in the room itself. You could not get a king bed without also getting the jucuzzi tub. When we got to our room, it was tiny! The furnishings were very dated. When we looked behind the headboard of the bed, there were cigarette ashes back there. The television was old. We were able to see it really good, because the television was three feet from the foot of the bed. That's how small the room was.

We asked for a late checkout. Normal checkout is at 10:00. We were told "no" before we could really get the full question out of our mouths. I am a person who rarely ever asks for a late checkout, but in this case, because our unit had to be cleaned at the condo before we could move over there, we hoped we might get a late checkout. We had asked about the late checkout the night before and were promptly told that we would have to inquire the next morning. There was a general attitude from the staff at the front desk that made it very apparent that asking for anything at all was going to be met with an answer designed to end the conversation as quickly as possible.

Upon entering the lobby, the place has a strong industrial cleaner odor. The balcony was on the small side and was not very private. There are openings between the balconies which would allow for someone to fairly easily enter your room from another balcony. This made us feel unsafe about leaving the window or doors open on the balcony.

The only positive was that the bathroom seemed clean and there were plenty of towels. I would not recommend this property for the price they charge. Our condo unit which was 10 times nicer was less than this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank GinSha1
Decatur, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

I visited Florida Labor day weekend for my daughters soccer tournament. There were 3 hotels that were choosen as the select hotels. Well I thought I picked the best one since it was the most expensive as well as had good past reviews. Well when I checked in the room had a must smell to it, so I had to spray it down. We figured maybe the room was closed up for a while. Then the next day, housekeeping didnt clean the entire room. telling us that was because there was personal items on the bed and floor. There was only 1 blanket on the bed. The the TV's were out dated, one of them have the volume and channel button part of the TV hanging on by a wire. And lastly when I went downstairs to ask for more washclothes. They advised that they were all out that I would need to go find housekeeping. For $150 bucks. I expected way better service. I guess you catn always go by the name or price of hotel...

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Purplerain40
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

My family's experience at the Legacy was not a good personal experience. When we first entered the room, we had to immediately start spraying. The room had this weird smell. I probably should have asked for a different room but we were so tired from the drive in and we got in, really, really late.

The staff only cleaned half the room after the first night. They stated that they couldn't make up the bed if there was personal property on the bed. There was a blanket on the bed! Ok! Whatever!

The next day, they didn't change the sheets. They just made the bed. I know because I had a small coffee mishap that morning. I'm not sure if this is policy....that is, to wait until the guests check out to change the sheets but they need a new policy.

After they cleaned the room, they forgot to put back the kitchen towels. So we had to use a face cloth to wash the dishes.

We called down to the front desk the first morning to get additional towels and they told us we would have to go look for a staff outside our door to get them. I was on the 9th floor and there were no staff on my floor. I had to take the elevator to different floors to look for a staff person. When I finally found one on the 7th floor and asked her for some face cloths, she asked, "so you don't want us to clean your room?"

It needs a huge renovation. The TVs are old and outdated...the bed mattresses are unbelievably old and stained. The carpet needs cleaning. The furniture is really hold. For a 129 a night....148 a night after taxes, itz so not worth it.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank sds_thomas2058
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2011

My daughter and I enjoyed our stay. The rooms are laid out in a unique way, but the design worked well for us. I wake up earlier than my daughter, so I am able to get up, make a cup of coffee, and read without disturbing her. The ocean view is very good, and we really like the location. It is close to Pier Park and right on a side street that allows you to bypass some of the heavy traffic on Front Beach Road. If you enjoy breakfast- more than a bowl of cereal- you may not be happy with the continental breakfast, but with a kitchen in the room, one can make out fine with a quick trip to Publix. The parking is also limited. My daughter and I had to park across the street behind the convenience store, and it was scary walking to the hotel after dark. Lastly, if you are poolside or on the beach and need to use the ladies' room, give yourself plenty of time. In the lobby there is only one one-seater for all the ladies outside. Going to one's room is the safest bet there. All that said, we will definitely stay there again. All the disadvantages are outweighed by the positives.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family