“Love this place!”
Review of Sunset Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sunset Inn
Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
south georgia
“Love this place!”
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Just got back from a quick weekend at the Sunset Inn. Had a great time. It was fall break and it was mostly families that were there. In fact, you seem to see the same people every year. That says a lot about the place! You can't beat the value, cleanliness and friendliness of the place. The heated pool was just the right temperature. Another great thing about the Sunset Inn is Anthony's beach service. The chairs are in great condition and people aren't squished in beside each other. Looking forward to spring break!

Room Tip: The condos have washers and dryers.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank tiredteacher65

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed 3 August 2011

My boyfriend and I wanted to take my two year old for her first trip to beach and didn't have but one night available to stay. His sister referred us this hotel, and for one night we were pleased.

It's right on the beach, MAJOR PLUS with a two year old. The view from our oceanfront room was gorgeous. It could definitely be renovated and updated, but for the price (springbreak $117 oceanfront room) I was not surprised at the decor. The inn is small and family oriented. There were no partiers, only families staying. The pool looked clean and inviting, although we never did make it there. We mostly stayed on the beach. The service was fabulous, the staff was very helpful and friendly.

The amenities were very limited, no WIFI, small pool, and if you're going for the beach then you're fine. But with small kids I would find another hotel with more extras.

Room Tip: Like said before, good for a night but probably not for longer
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank heatherashley
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 30 July 2011

First if your looking for a high end hotel, this will not be the place for you to stay.. If on the other hand you want a clean, friendly great beach location, you cant pick a better place on PCB.
The hotel has 3 buildings, 1 right on the beach with of course direct beach access. They have grills on the beach deck so you can have a cook out if you like. 2 other building directly across a very small street. Plenty of parking. 1 building offers 1 and 2 bedroom condo's and the other offers 1 bedroom or queen size beds. If your looking to save some money this is a great option. The street is very quiet so you dont have to worry about traffic or noise.

The location is excellent. Easy to get just about anywhere on the beach. Some great restaurants within walking distance and if you like bars there are a couple of those within walking distance as well. They also have free WIFI which I had no problem using across the street. There is a nice sized swimming pool if you dont like swimming in the ocean. I think all or at least most of the rooms have a small kitchenette which of course is great to have. It comes completely stocked with pots and pans.

If you wish for a long winter stay you can check them out and see if they have any monthly rooms left. They do go very fast as the prices are excellent.

Room Tip: Condo's are across the street from the beach.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Misse43
winder,ga
Reviewed 18 July 2011

My family has stayed at Sunset for almost 15 years, and wouldn't stay anywhere else in Panama City Beach. Clean, friendly staff, great value and we love the location.
Our only complaint is the pool is small for the motel size, and it is always crowded.... but we go for the beach. We love Anthony the cabana guy, he's great. Cabana chairs and umbrella are also a great value compared to places like Edgewater.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank sneakieme
Newburgh, Indiana
Reviewed 25 June 2011

First off, I began staying at the Sunset Inn in July of 1986..I found it on a fluke actually..1986 was my first time..I have went back over and over again..Pretty much every chance I got.. For several years I went twice..Summer and Fall..Now I go about every other year, and sometimes have to skip a year because of work and available time..
Before 1986, I stayed a bit West of Sunset Inn.. My parents once lived in PCBeach, brother was born in the South..So basicly, I have been going to PCB all my life..Stayed on the Strip, stayed in little quaint motels, stayed in expensive High Rise Hotels..Found Sunset Inn and have not satyed anyplace else since..It has changed so much through the years at the Beach..I can absolutely say, if you want more bang for your buck, and a bit of peace and quiet while still having an expansive beach...can't beat this place..My fear, as I have watched through the years, is someday, there will be a High Rise, that takes you down 20 floors on an elevator to the beach and then you remember you left your towels, drinks, sunscreen, etc..in your room.. I just came back from Sunset Inn a couple weeks ago..There where five of us, so we stayed in the newer Condos...Loved it..All of the amenities...There were two others with our group who decided to stay about a mile down from us in a newer hotel..By the second night they had moved to the Sunset.. The people who own this place are hard working and dedicated to making this a great place..Hence, return business..Penny is like a friend and just like this last visit, makes you feel comfortable and she is a very special woman..I took my children there, and grandchildren, and many friends...It is like a second home..Glad I found the Sunset......Phyllis, from Indiana

Room Tip: 212, upstairs on the Gulf
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends