“Spectacular hotel for overnight business stay.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Panama City Beach
Ranked #17 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 18 September 2017

I simply don't get how people can post negative reviews and nitpick about the most inane things, and some of the reviews regarding this hotel are simply hogwash. This is a brand, spanking new hotel that is as clean as surgical ward and as light and breezy a decor as I've ever seen in a Fairfield.

The welcome I got from front desk clerk Lariana was the best I've had in ages. She was friendly, efficient and knowledgeable. She recommended restaurants frequented by locals so I could avoid the tourist crush.

She asked me a question about room preference and I choose a higher floor room because the hotel is between two major thoroughfares.

The room was spectacularly clean, the bathroom spotless. I was cozy, comfy and when I went out to dinner I had no trouble going to and from the hotel to the restaurant because the traffic pattern was simple and Lariana's recommendation was spot on.

If you're looking for a terrific overnight stay on business, this is your hotel. It's far enough from the beach to avoid the tourists but close enough if you want to take a ten minute drive to dip your toes in the sand.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Hotel is only about 1 test old. Overall experience was very positive reward clean spacious.the staff was friendly and helpful and overall hotels quiet the hotel is situated between two major roads are getting in and out can be a little challenging especially during heavy traffic

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2017

The hotel was clean and conveniently located. I cannot say enough about the staff. I called ahead of time to adjust my reservation and Theresa was so friendly and helpful (I mentioned that I needed a razor and she had a courtesy shaving pack for me at check in) and then when we arrived, the front desk staff was so courteous and friendly, especially Lala, who gave us a courtesy upgrade to a suite and offered great advice on dining options and directions, etc. Such a great stay. It was a short ride to the beach and local restaurants. Couldn't be happier with my stay.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

This Fairfield Inn is only a year old so it is clean and up-to-date. Conveniently located in between Hwy 98 and Front Beach Road, it is also close to Thomas Drive and Gulf Coast State College. We were upgraded to a king suite on the top floor which was roomy and comfortable. We did not experience any problems with noise. The breakfast was standard fare and the pool was very nice. Sam at the Front Desk was especially courteous and friendly. He called me by name my entire stay and made me feel welcome.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Clay W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Panama City Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stayed. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future. See you soon!

Reviewed 15 July 2017

I stayed here from July 10th-14th while attending a business conference in Panama City Beach. I initially had reservations at another hotel, but changed to Fairfield because it had better reviews. I'm so glad I did.The hotel seems to be located on the outskirts of city limits, so the beach is a few miles away. For me, this wan't a problem, but some tourists might find this an inconvenience if they are looking to be right on the beach or closer to the beach. The area is safe and only a few miles from some nice restaurants and shopping (on a strip called Back Beach Road).

Check-in was easy, not even five minutes. The hotel places a hold of $10 for incidentals, but was soon as you check out, that hold is lifted. The front desk associates are very friendly. The only snafu I experienced was that the hotel inadvertently charged my card for a portion of the stay (the organization hosting my conference was footing the bill). I explained the situation, and within 20 minutes it was resolved and the funds were placed back into my account. The manager profusely aplogized for the oversight.

The rooms were clean and comfortable. The walls are a little thin, but how bothersome this is depends on your neighbors. The rooms are equipped with a mini-refrigerator, microwave, and coffeemaker. The beds are comfortable and have a variety of pillows so you can adjust your comfort level for sleeping. The cool thing about the TV is that in addition to regular channels, you can watch Youtube and access your Netflix account.

The free breakfast has a nice variety of food, whether it's waffles, oatmeal, fruit, eggs, bacon, sausage, or cereal. It has something for everyone, and the seating area is nice. It does get busy, so as soon as you get to the dining area, grab a seat. Free copies of USA Today are available in the lobby.

Would highly recommend Fairfield Inn and Suites. I am planning on coming back next March and will definitely book a room here for my stay.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business