Captain Anderson's Marina
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I visited Captain Anderson's with a friend who said it was rated the best seafood restaurant in the United States.

We were told it would be a 45 minute wait, so we went to the lounge. We ordered appetizers, the shrimp and cheese nuggets. The shrimp was not deveined, and you had to peel it all, which is not a favorite thing for me...that's what the kitchen is for in my opinion - however, they both tasted great. The waiter in the lounge also brought us damp napkins on plates to wipe our hands with after eating the shrimp. Very thoughtful. The cheese nuggets were the best I have ever had. The price for the shrimp was a pricey in my opinion.

The wait ended up being only about 30 minutes, and we were seated. The wait staff doesn't wear name tags, instead, the name of your waiter/waitress is on a placard at your table. I kind of liked that because half the time I can't remember their name. I ordered the shrimp and crab au graten dish and Tim wanted to be sure that I knew it was a casserole. I told him that yes, I knew au graten meant it would be a casserole dish. He served our drinks promptly, brought bread and my salad and my companion's soup out pretty quickly, along with the rolls. The rolls were fabulous as well. They have the best honey mustard dressing I have ever eaten (so I bought a quart on the way out). My side dish was green beans, and they were tasty, but very small. The shrimp and crab au graten was delicious as well.

The place is pretty clean, there is a ton of seating. There were at least 10 empty tables in our path as we were seated, so I am not sure why they have any kind of wait, and we only walked though one part of the seating available.

The waiter came back several times to give our drinks a refill, ask how the meal was and promptly delivered to-go boxes and the check. They close for the season after this coming weekend, but if I'm ever in the area again, will definitely stop. My companion recently purchased a condo in the area and he stated he will be back when they reopen in the spring.

Some of the dishes are higher priced...but I was happy with my food and the service was great! Also bought a piece of peanut butter pie on the way out, and that turned out to be delicious as well.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

After Rehearsal Dinner was handled well by the wait staff for a large crowd. Preset menu with several choices were served in a timely manner and well presented. Very impressive for such a large crowd.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

Anyone who has been to Panama City Beach and loves seafood has been to Captain Anderson's. It's just a given.... a plain fact! After coming here every year of my life on vacations, I now call this breathtakingly beautiful place "home". As a local I get more than my fair share of opportunities to try them all and made the rounds back to Captain Anderson's. This time I reminded myself all the way there that I wanted to try their steak and when I say steak, I mean a REAL STEAK! Sticking to my guns, when I got there I ordered up the 32 oz Porterhouse, medium rare complete with baked potato and salad.... and, of course, the unbelievable rolls with real butter are a must! Now I've had quite a few really fantastic steaks here in Panama City Beach, but never, NEVER, EVER, have I found a better steak than this one.... EVER! Also, thank you to our waitress, "Jo Ann T" and the "Steak Specialist" for making our meal absolutely perfect. We will be coming back soon!!!!!

Reviewed 28 October 2017

As always, great food and service at Captain Andersons. I have visited this restaurant many times over many years and it continues to be a great place to dine.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Captain Andersons is always our family's first spot for dinner! We look forward to it every year. I could drive the 6 hours just to eat their famous Bay Shrimp dinner.

1  Thank mjshields