“Great Atmosphere”
Review of Blu Mangrove

Blu Mangrove
Reserve with OpenTable
Blu Mangrove is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 75 Restaurants in Palmetto
Price range: US$10 - US$34
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located in Riviera Dunes Marina, on the beautiful Manatee River, you can have it all at Blu Mangrove Grill. Capture Ambiance with our breathtaking panoramic waterfront views. Indulge in exquisite dishes prepared by our outstanding culinary team. Our dedicated staff are trained to provide you with the highest standard of service and attention to detail. Seafood Lovers will enjoy the many Exotic Seafoods, Raw Bar and hand rolled Sushi...While the Land Lover can choose from a variety of dishes including certified Black Angus Hand Cut Steaks. Come by land or water, dockside boat parking is available! HAPPY HOUR Monday-Friday, Daily Specials, LIVE Music, large outdoor patio dining, indoor dining, indoor and outdoor bar/lounge. Also available for special events with private and semi-private dining rooms. Venue can accommodate up to 300 guests.
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Found this place by a recommendation. Atmosphere is beautiful both inside or out. Have a great happy hour with plenty of drink choices and appetizers. My husband and I arrived early for a 5pm dinner reservation and sat at the outside bar. Anna, the bartender, was fabulous. She made me an orange creamsicle martini that was delicious. We then moved to a waterfront table for dinner with friends. Service was slow as stated in other reviews. But we were in no rush that evening and enjoyed the outside dining. Each night they have live music. It is not overwhelming and did not interfere with our conversation. Two at our table had the grouper sandwich and raved about its freshness and taste. The $8 appetizers were plentiful and tasty. For some the slow service may be a problem but I felt I was on "island" time and it didn't bother me.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

This is close to our house and we keep coming despite the slowest service in the land. The food is above average, the servers are courteous, and hey have great drink choices. But, oh my gosh, for slow. We often wait over 15 minutes to put in a drink order. If you want to be out for the evening, this is the spot. The patio and nightly music is great, and we remain hopeful that the management will get its act together. Try the ahi tuna wontons or the sushi. The black cherry Manhattan is terrific.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Escargot are delicious, lunch filet mignon not so great, alaskan king crab good, chocolate cheesecake delicious. Excellent view, but have to go find someone inside or call by phone to get them to open up shortly after 11am after they purportedly open. Outside bar didn't have strawberries or basil to make a couple of advertised special drinks.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

This restaurant is very nice located on a marina. Four of us went for an afternoon as the weather was perfect to sit outside in the shade. There was only one waitress and the place was quite busy. We did not eat immediately but a few drinks before our meal. The service was very slow my husband had to go to the bar to get a beer glass and I asked three times for water. I had the fish tacos which were very good, two in the party had mussels which I suspect were frozen but had a good sauce. The chicken tenders were nothing special.
The music was very nice as it was not so loud we had to shout at each other.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

I had the Red Grouper (grilled) which was OK but slightly dry and served under seasoned. The great beans were still a bit undercooked but the spinach was very good.