“Excellent choice for upscale dining in Old Palm Harbor”
Review of Casa Ludovico

Casa Ludovico
Reserve with OpenTable
Casa Ludovico is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 225 Restaurants in Palm Harbor
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 October 2018

We have been eating here roughly monthly since they opened in 2006 so maybe a hundred times. It’s one of our handful of go-to restaurants in the immediate area. It’s not only that it’s near to us (although that helps!) but I cannot remember ever being disappointed by a meal. Our favorite meals are the grouper livornese, veal saltimbocca, short rib (special), veal osso buco (special), and veal chop (special). This is not to imply that other items aren’t good, these are just the ones that stick in my mind.

We’ve eaten here in a variety of situations, from couples date night with the place practically empty to dinners with two or four other friends to one particularly uproarious Christmas Eve dinner with ten of us crammed into an upstairs table having a fabulous time.

Some other reviewers’ criticisms are warranted while some I have a hard time understanding. The restaurant can be noisy when crowded (probably due to the flooring?) and the efficiency of the wait staff might be seen as “rushing” the customer, I suppose. But a rude wait staff? Never. Inedible food? Never. Located in a strip mall? I’m wondering what restaurant that reviewer actually went to. And one should never ever ever review a restaurant solely on the basis of a high volume holiday like Valentine’s Day or Mother’s Day IMHO.

So, to summarize this long catch-up review, we love this restaurant and expect to continue to go there as long as they’ll have us.

Reviewed 25 August 2018

The Casa Ludovico is a renovated house turned into an Italian restaurant. The place was cozy but loud. The food was wonderful. We both had the Short Rib Special of the day and it was the best I had ever had. I had originally ordered another special which when I asked the waiter had red pepper flakes added to the saute pan. He said he would have the flakes left out and he even wrote it on his order form. The dish came very spicy hot. Service was very good considering the fact that the restaurant was very crowded. Will try again another day of the week as Sat. seems to be a busy on for them.

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Tried this restaurant for the first time last evening. An authentic New York style restaurant. Owner Carmine and our waitress Kim are from NY so it is not surprising the food service and were outstanding. A local gem. Pasta was served aldente and sause was authentic Italian and obviously made from scratch.

Site is located in Palm Harbor and has valet parking.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

Not impressed. Lots of unrealized potential. I'm Italian and like to cook...this place doesn't cut it for me. Even in restaurant starved Tampa, I wouldn't go back.

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Good ambiance, authentic and delicious cuisine, served by Italians or Italians at heart. The carpaccio & arugula salad topped with shaved Parmesan is the best! The fish specials always delight. Good value and consistent experience. Love walking into this free standing house; feels good to return.

Been to Casa Ludovico? Share your experiences!