“Great views and god food”
Review of Waterway Cafe

Waterway Cafe
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Prosperity Farms
Description: The Waterway Cafe is a South Florida tradition in waterfront dining since 1986, and the most popular restaurant in the Palm Beaches. Featuring an exciting menu of fresh seafood, steak, chicken, pasta, custom-made pizza entrees and fabulous desserts. Join us for an evening of great food, lively entertainment (Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings) and refreshing tropical drinks on the beautiful Intracoastal Waterway.
Reviewed 30 April 2010

I ate lunch here with my elder daughter (a local) on Tuesday 27th April 2010. We arrived a few minutes before midday and were immediately seated. We drank a great Mojito $6.10 and ate a Steak Salad $15.95. Steak ordered rare and cooked perfectly and a Greek Tuna lun $14.95. All the food was fresh, well presented and delicious.
We had a wonderful time and will return.
However like so many restaurants in this area,when they are busy there can be a long wait and the service can deteriorate.
I would recommend trying to eat early or late if you can. Or be very patient.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,046)

Reviewed 30 March 2010

My family and I visited Waterways Cafe on Saturday, April 27. We arrived and were told that there would be a 40-45 minute wait. We decided to wait on the outside patio and have drinks and an appetizer. Three drinks, one water, and one appetizer cost $31. While we sat and waited for a table for 45 minutes, we noticed numerous open tables throughout the restaurant. 45 minutes later, we were seated at a table that had been vacant the ENTIRE 45 minutes we had been waiting. I think that they keep tables open in an effort to boost bar and appetizer sales. They certainly got $31 from us that they otherwise wouldn't have. On to the food ... I ordered a seafood pasta dish, and it was one of the most tasteless meals I have ever eaten. The shrimp was tiny and overdone, as were the scallops. And the tomato alfredo sauce was overpowering. I was incredibly disappointed in the meal. Another person in our party also ordered seafood (crab stuffed shrimp) and she was disappointed in the taste, as well. The men in our group both ordered steaks and said they were, "fine." My husband did mention later that his was not nearly as flavorful as he expected, but at least it was edible, unlike my meal. BOTTOM LINE: the view is nice from the outside patio, so on a pretty evening, go for a drink and the view. But go elsewhere for good food and service. This was a highly disappointing dining experience and one of the worst meals I have ever eaten.

Reviewed 26 February 2010

My husband & I enjoy the atmosphere and delicious food. The seafood is great. Hostess accomodated our request for outside in a friendly manner. The enviornment was cozy and clean. The waitress was really on top of things; she made sure we had everything we needed without being annoying. Great food, great service.

Reviewed 19 February 2010

HAd lunch here on Valentine's day. Too cold to be outside. Food was ok, service was ok. A good meal a good price, a large menu to select from

Reviewed 10 August 2009

I went to Waterway Cafe for the first time and was amazed at the beauty of the restaurant and all of the bars! I was with all of my out of town guests and they loved the atmosphere. We sat outside and ordered drinks, then later went inside to eat dinner.
Food was great and the service was even better! I had the Prime Rib while my guests had the Tuna and Stuffed Shrimp. It was reasonably priced and I cant wait to take my mother for lunch.