“Dinner with the Board”
Review of The Waterway Cafe

The Waterway Cafe
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Prosperity Farms
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

We have not been to waterway for years. The was 12 in our group. Called ahead and were seated upon arrival. My table had four members and we shared peal and eat shrimp. Very good. We all had fish from the special menu. I had salmon that was wonderful. The person next to me had house salad and grouper that he said was very good. The other had crab cakes that liked very much and our fourth person had ahi tuna salad that he said was very good. We will return.

1  Thank Warddav47
Write a ReviewReviews (1,156)

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is fast paced and the food came quick. Prices are reasonable and quality is good. It is a very busy place and fairly loud but we wanted to eat quick and get on our way. Food was tasty and served in an appealing manner. Not haute cuisine but good. We couldn't sit outside by the tiki bar but there was plenty of fresh air moving through the entire area.

1  Thank Cynthia C
Reviewed 26 April 2017

This resaurant was wonderful! Not only did they take reservations, but the food and service was wonderful. The setting on the intercostal was beautiful with either two outdoor bars as well as indoor and outdoor dining. Katie our server was quick and responsive to any requests. Thank you. My mother enjoyed her 85th birthday dinner with our family. We will be back for the great food, service and atmosphere.

Reviewed 23 April 2017

I was dining alone here and was treated very well. My scallops were delicious. I like my wine in a glass, but I guess they have to serve it in a plastic cup due to the wind (?) that's my only negative about my meal. Wait staff and ambiance were great.

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

This is a gem. Wonderful open-air restaurant with both indoor and outdoor seating. It overlooks a waterway with a drawbridge--fun to watch the boats line up and the bridge opening and closing. Good kids menu and plenty of great selections for the adults. The Malibu Melt was fantastic. My son really enjoyed the seafood gumbo. The Baja Tuna Wrap is also a great choice. We really enjoyed lunch. I am sure dinner would be equally nice.