“Hidden gem”
Review of Cafe Boulud

Cafe Boulud
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Boulud is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 81 Restaurants in Palm Beach
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, View, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hibiscus
Description: Cafe Boulud at the Brazilian Court Hotel – one of Palm Beach’s most coveted dining destinations – has undergone a complete renovation! Experience the all new look and menu this season, just steps from Worth Avenue. The restaurant’s new design is lighter and elegant, achieved with unique touches like a shimmery ceiling made from sea shells and Pecky Cyprus, improved lighting, and warm wood flooring surrounding the glowing bar. The newly expanded bar is dramatically backlit and casts a resplendent glow through the room. It’s a must for cocktails before dinner, with an inventive new cocktail list and craft beers on tap, or enjoy the crowd and scenery; food is served at the bar throughout the day. The newly renovated terrace and private dining rooms are a destination for entertaining in style, whether for a lavish event or to host a memorable wedding day. The menu balances signature Boulud dishes and French favorites inspired by his restaurants around the world, with a spotlight on the region’s incredible seafood and produce. During the high season, jackets are preferred. Shorts and beachwear are not permitted.
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Many people don't know about the Brazilian Court, and frankly I'd like to keep it that way. Their restaurant is lovely, whether inside or in the garden, and I highly recommend the arctic char, either for dinner or lunch. Service top notch.

There are newer reviews for Cafe Boulud

Reviewed 28 February 2012

Cafe Boulud lives up to its excellent reputation at its venue in Palm Beach. Get a table in the garden and prepare for an elegant meal prepared and presented with finesse. The service is impeccable. The wine selection is first rate. This cafe is well worth the price. My friends tell me that accommodations at the hotel in which it is housed are not up to par.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

I experienced a divine dining experience for my Birthday evening last week, at Boulud Restaurant. Our perfect table on the outside terrace, overlooking the lovely gardens, facing a beautifully alluminated fountain created the perfect ambiance! Sean our knowledgable and professional waiter, made sure our every wish was granted, and that we recieved top of the line service with a smile! The cuisine was amazing, and true to the reputation of Daniel Boulud who never dissapoints, with his perfectly orchestrated menu selections, that not only entertain the palate and are prepared with expertise, but make any special occation elegant and something one will never forget!

Reviewed 27 February 2012

We were invited by our friends to have lunch at Cafe Boulud at the Brazilian Court Hotel and we were so amazed at the food and the service that I just had to write to let others know.
The place is beautiful but make sure you ask for a table on the patio. Also, make sure you ask for a table where Simon is serving because he is one of the most professional people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. He is not only knowledgeable about what to eat but could very well pass as a sommelier. I am really a wine snob, traveling full-time in Europe, and love my wines and when Simon suggested a wine from Oregon, I was not very keen.
But his explanation and then the tasting made me change my mind rapidly and everybody at the table had the same wine. I hesitate to give people the name of the wine as it has such a small production and this would make it difficult to those who already appreciate this amazing white!
Our food was perfection as to presentation and of course quality. I had a Cobia fish, suggested by Simon, and as this was the first time I had ever heard about this fish, I decided to take a chance and once again Simon was spot on. As I have allergy problems, when the side order of potatoes arrived with the meal, they immediately replaced them with another side order.
This is truly a place to enjoy dining, in every respect.

1  Thank Homervirgil
Reviewed 25 February 2012

This is a lovely understated indoor environment, gently lighted and genteel, with a wonderful outdoor fountain patio. The cuisine is uniform outstanding and creative where each dish is near perfect. I am not a fan of flounder and find it band, but the chefs special was tastily and the fish lite and fluffy. The pomes frites were lovely. Steak beautifully sliced and well seasoned. The tomato bisque was heavenly smooth and a bit creamy, and the chocolate desserts all luscious. The little basket of madeleines are a perfect fini to the meal. The fare is appropriately light, not hearty. Service is pleasant and unobtrusive. This is our favorite "celebrity chef" restaurant, and it has become our favorite special occasion restaurant in Palm Beach. Noise level is relatively low inside.

The only glitch might be the discharge of hoards of clients from private parties en masse, overwhelming the valet, ESP when they are loud and inebriated . It counters the refined ambiance. Would be nice if they could exit away from the Cafe.