“Felt uncomfortable”
Review of Sarku Japan

Sarku Japan
Ranked #5 of 7 Quick Bites in Oviedo
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

I felt so uncomfortable that I had to write a review. First, just want to say that the food was good, ate sushi and chicken teriyaki. I am a tourist and english is my second language. I started doing my order in englis and spent $50 in a fast food for three only. The two young ladies that were attending me immediately started to addressed me in spanish, they look at each other laughing because of my accent. One, asked me If I was from Puerto Rico and started mixing the letters like most of puertoricans do . I politely asked her how she knew and she said that she might know me but kept make fun of my accent. The worst part is that she is latino too.
I have the name of this employee and will be more than happy to share with anyone from this company. Orlando economy is based on tourist just like us. I have visited your restaurant at that Orlando Premium Outlet at least 5 times this year. I am an American citizen, professional and with 22 years of experience in the hotel industry and it is a shame that I will not go again to your place just because of this experience.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

My friend wanted to stop here before we went to District Eats and Play, saying it was his favorite fast Japanese restaurant. It's inside the Oviedo Mall food court along with about 5 other restaurants. I got the chicken teriyaki special. It's chicken teriyaki, mixed vegetables and either white or fried rice. It was very good and they give you a big plate of food. I ordered a coke too and my bill was only $8.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 1 February 2018

My husband and I suffered severe and painful food poisoning shortly after eating their chicken special on January 23, 2018. Thankfully our daughters chose the Chinese across the food court and didn't suffer. They cooked the chicken in front of us, but maybe the meat was expired. Also the cashier was so RUDE! Barks at you, takes your money, then barks some more for you to move down the line.STAY! AWAY!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 9 October 2017

A typical cheap fast food, greasy and either under-cooked or over-cooked. Supposedly Japanese cuisine, but it is more like cheap Chinese food.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 2 September 2017

If you're in the Oviedo Mall, the place to eat is Sarku. They have good deals on meal prices and their house specialty - Sarku chicken plate - is VERY TASTY! I like that you can also add extra sauce or "yum-yum" (white) sauce as well. The employees provide quick and polite service as well... It's a local favorite!

Date of visit: August 2017