“Quick easy meal”

Norma Jean's Sports Bar & Grill
Ranked #9 of 23 Restaurants in Osprey
Reviewed 4 May 2018

Ran in for a quick lunch. Place was pretty empty on a Thursday at noon. Small bar in back with sports on TV and plenty of tables in dining room. Seems smaller and not as nice as their Fruitville location but, the food and service was good. I had a cheesburger, it was done nicely and tasted great. Potato salad as a side, it was very good but kind of small. Prices were reasonable. Not the best restaurant in the area but, I'd have no issue going back and trying more off their menu.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 1 May 2018

my friend wanted a quick dinner in a casual setting. no one was available to seat us so we went to the bar area for faster service-which was excellent. However, the food was just ok. I wanted a cup of chowder and half a sandwich. A not uncommon choice. But I was told that was not a possibility? My guess is there is not "way to enter that on the point of sale system". though there is a way to do it! I skipped the chowder and just ordered the Rueben with fries. the Rueben bread was so soggy with butter that it literally broke apart. The brisket had several pieces of gristle that weren't edible. The flavor was very good but chewing on the gristle wasn't appetizing. The fries were 'so so'. McDonalds and mine are better. The beer was cold so all wasn't lost. I've eaten here several times, usually outside with my dog. this was the worst experience to date. It'll be awhile before I return.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 29 April 2018

Some people like this place . I am a local and some like the place and some say its ok. The food is ok here and not a bad place to eat but with so much close by to try i think its just ok.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 17 April 2018

The service is good unless you are in the bar area. The bartender has to wait on you in that case and tends to ignore the tables. Service in the main areas is very good. The Friday fish fry is our favorite. The portion is large and is hot to the table and very reasonably priced. This is a sports bar atmosphere with televisions everywhere. Norma Jeans has a local neighborhood bar feel even though there are several in the area. I would recommend this place even for a family. The onion rings are great too!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 22 March 2018

We agree with Richard B. - don't order the Italian sausage sub - it was terrible. The chicken salad wasn't very good either. The greens were wilted and only got worse when I added a little dressing dressing. Blackened chicken was OK. Service was just OK - they were preparing a table for a very large party. There are TVs on the wall at the end of the booth. The customers control the volume for their TV and some were way too loud - made the place seem really noisy.

Date of visit: March 2018