“Wonderful Sandwiches !”
Review of By-The-Bay BISTRO

By-The-Bay BISTRO
Ranked #7 of 23 Restaurants in Osprey
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Description: A family-owned European-style bistro offering a variety of freshly baked pastries, homemade sandwiches and most importantly a wide selection of coffee and espresso beverages. For in house and take out.
Reviewed 11 October 2018

My husband stopped in for lunch. We ordered 1 Zurich sandwich - ham and Swiss with sweet German mustard on a pretzel roll and split it. Decided to order a Monaco - turkey, brie, dried cranberries, arugula and mayo on a ciabatta and split that. Both were delicious. Served with small garnish.

619bistro, Manager at By-The-Bay BISTRO, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Thank you for the positive feedback. Looking forward to seeing you both again soon. There are a few more delicious sandwiches on the menu for you to try.
Not to mention the scrumptious pastries for dessert.

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Always a good place to enjoy a meal and take a break from the usual fare around the area. Enjoy a stroll around lovely downtown Venice, among the most beautiful small towns in America.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

Finished with the dentist at 3. Walked to the bistro. The owners were getting ready to go home. Went out of their way to help me, feed me, and have a lovely conversation about World Cup. I felt badly keeping them there however they couldn't have been more gracious.

619bistro, Manager at By-The-Bay BISTRO, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Thank you for the kind words Ellen.
It was our pleasure to meet you. Although we close at 3pm, if we can provide an afternoon snack or coffee / latte while we are closing, we are more than happy to accommodate. How else would we have the opportunity to meet new patrons who come in at the last minute. :-)

BTW, even if the outcome of the World Cup final matches wasn't as hoped for, it certainly was a captivating four weeks of soccer and informative discussions with patrons like yourself .

Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Modern coffee spot with flare. Delicious gourmet coffee and very tasty food. Glad we found this gem on the Tamiami trail!!

619bistro, Owner at By-The-Bay BISTRO, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Thank so much. Please see us again soon.

The By-The-Bay-BISTRO Team

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

My friend & I recently stopped by to have lunch. I had read so many good reviews and wanted to try this small but adorable eatery. We were greeted immediately upon entering & noticed just a couple of tables. The menu is up on the wall so we looked it over & then went up to the counter to order. We both ordered salads & iced coffee. I had an arugula salad with beets, apples, carrots, walnuts & I had grilled chicken added. My friend had the lox & greens salad which had smoked salmon,cheese,tomatoes & red onion. We both enjoyed the salads & the vinaigrette was delicious. Our iced coffees were also very good. The feel of the place is so invited and the owner & staff could not be any nicer. We had such a relaxed feeling having our lunch. Can’t wait to bring my husband & friends there!

Been to By-The-Bay BISTRO? Share your experiences!