“Come Here for Coffee & More.....”
Review of By-The-Bay BISTRO

By-The-Bay BISTRO
Ranked #7 of 23 Restaurants in Osprey
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Description: A family-owned European-style bistro offering a variety of freshly baked pastries, homemade sandwiches and most importantly a wide selection of coffee and espresso beverages. For in house and take out.
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Fantastic little friendly place with a cozy interior and friendly service....AND the most amazing coffee! So refreshing to find this place in a world of chain bistros with mediocre coffee and service.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

I loved finding this place while in the Siesta Key area. A real Euro feel. Croissants from France,- fully baked here. Really. Wonderful owner. She made me an omelette on the lightest croissant ever. And, they have free, strong wifi. A real find!

619bistro, Manager at By-The-Bay BISTRO, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Glad that you enjoyed your visit. Hope to see you again the next time you are in the area. Now that you have found us.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

A great discovery ! The decor reminds of a mediterranean marketplace. The food also has an international flare with delicious sandwich combinations.
I passed this place many times. But now I realize it is easy to find, right across from Spanish Point Historic Park. I will be back soon!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Visited today for breakfast. Me-Oslo Lox and Bagel, dark roast coffee; wife-apple Danish, cold green tea. Get there before locals discover this gem, and when "snowbirds" return, it will probably be too crowded to even enter (it's tiny, but delightful). Everything about this initial experience was 1st class: quaint decorating, outstanding, yet unobtrusive service, real freshly baked New York bagels, and the best Norwegian smoked salmon ever, and locally sourced coffee (YUM!!). The topper was the prices--several $'s below comparable (I don't think any in Venice or Sarasota are in this rarified atmosphere). A one-of-a-kind discovery.

619bistro, Manager at By-The-Bay BISTRO, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Thank you for your enthusiastic review. We are delighted that our bistro with a European flair is so well received. We strive to put a lot of attention into detail and being as authentic as possible.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

This is a very nice and cozy bistro with European flair. It's definitely worth to visit! :) They have a lot of European pastries like German Bretzels, Danish pastries and French croissants but also very delicious New York style bagels. A German American couple (Joerg and Susan) is running this bistro so they know very well what they're doing. What I liked most is their idea of making ice cubes out of coffee for their iced coffee so you don't have to worry that your iced coffee will be diluted. :) They also sell different kinds of sandwiches that sound really good. When I was there I tried the German "Currywurst" and believe me or not it is the best Currywurst I've ever had in Florida. Their concept of "little Europe" is completed by an inviting retail table with unique gifts and delicious German chocolate as well as Italian specialties. I really liked it there so I'm pretty sure that I will come back for an iced Coffee next time I'm visiting Osprey. :)

Been to By-The-Bay BISTRO? Share your experiences!