All reviews hot tub pool area living area washers and dryers parking garage living room and kitchen bath condo laundry room shuffle board staff was very friendly and helpful ice maker street side spent nights pull out couch full size fridge gas station small balcony
Reviewed 23 September 2018

We just arrived home from a 13 day stay there and we had a good time. First the staff is great. there was Radika and Truc and Kheri at the front desk who meet you with a smile and that means a lot. And the lady over housekeeping was a sweetheart with the way she talk to us.nice people makes a better stay,and they have them there. The resort needs some updateding outside around the pool and new elevators would be great cause those look and ride like they are super old.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BluegreenCares, Manager at Casa Del Mar, Ascend Resort Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Hello titan00, thank you for staying with us at Casa Del Mar. We are so pleased that you received quality service from our all our staff members. We hope we have the chance to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 20 September 2018

The staff was very friendly and helpful, check-in and -out was easy
The studio unit are perfect for us, but dark
It has a bed and a pull out couch, full size fridge, cooktop, microwave, dining table, with a small ocean front balcony
Kitchen had a full size fridge and other necessary appliances. Everything you needed to cook a meal. The resort had direct beach access
The pool and deck area are OK, but not enough umbrella around the pool

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BluegreenCares, Manager at Casa Del Mar, Ascend Resort Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Hello flprincess463, thank you for staying with us at Casa Del Mar. We value the feedback you have shared and hope you welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

We are RCI owners and have stayed at this property at least 3 times. We choose this place because of the ocean front rooms and we LOVE Ormond Beach. It’s close to Daytona without all the tourism. Because of those things we overlook the things about this place that we don’t care for.
The one bedroom units are perfect for us and our one child. It has a pull out couch, full size fridge, cooktop, microwave, dining table, separate bedroom with a ocean front balcony and single shower bathroom. The balconies are very small but sits two chairs and a small table. Only thing I wish it had was the washer and dryer most units have but there is a laundry room on the lobby floor. The rooms have dark wood looking floors, however EVERY time we have stayed here the floors are filthy and every surface in the unit looks dirty and dusty. The cleaning staff needs retrained how to clean a room. I clean every surface when we stay here and wish I had a Swiffer sweeper for the floors. That being said, I like my rooms clean and i bring Clorox wipes to every place we stay. Hazards of being a nurse I guess.
There is a huge pool on the ocean front deck and newer pool furniture. The pool definitely needs resurfaced. It looks dirty and stained and has a huge crack down the bottom. The view of the ocean from the pool is unbeatable though.
We have only had one time staying where the unit we got was totally unacceptable and smelled like mold so bad I walked right back out. The front desk staff gave us another room when we told them. I would have drove home otherwise.
Like I said at the beginning, the location makes this place worth it for us to overlook the downsides. We will stay here again for sure. Hope the housekeeping improves sometime.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2018

I have been with RCI for over 30 years and I believe therein lies the problem. This is a Bluegreen resort and I believe the RCI members get the leftovers and have no recourse to actually dispute what they have been assigned. They tell me that a studio is much smaller than the 1 bedroom we have been assigned???? I would certainly hate to see that studio. You do not have room to turn around. The one bedroom states it has a full size kitchen. There is a 2 eye cooktop and a combination convection/microwave oven, so you can't broil anything and the dishwasher is half the size of a FULL kitchen dishwasher. tThe dining table is shoved against the wall creating a wallkway between the cook prep area and your dining area. There is also, no disposal. There is not enough space for clothes and other incidentals for 2 people - particularly in the bathroom. No place to put essentials whatsoever. I have never been so cramped in my life. I would be okay with this if I were traveling alone - but I am not and this is a total embarrassment to me for my guest. The only plus to this resort is the pool area. The lounges and umbrella/sun coverage provided are like none I have seen anywhere else, and the bar and restaurant onsite are a plus. Despite, this, you can bet your bottom dollar I will not be back to this resort.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with RCI

Hello P7629MDpeggys, thank you for sharing your review of Casa Del Mar. We are sorry to learn that you were not satisfied with your accommodations. We value the feedback you have shared and will be passing it on to our team.

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

We had a corner condo and the view was beautiful! The room was clean and updated. All the staff we saw were very kind and friendly. We will be coming back during future vacations! Ormond Beach was absolutely beautiful and very peaceful.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank heatherpickett0814
BluegreenCares, Manager at Casa Del Mar, Ascend Resort Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Hello heatherpickett0814, thank you for staying with us at Casa Del Mar. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!