All reviews fire pit yogurt hot tub cheese and crackers no elevator pool area coffee machine first floor oceanfront room continental breakfast king bed great price beach access ocean view nice pool spring break janet
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

This trip marks the third time our family has stayed at the Lotus when visiting the Daytona Beach area. We really enjoyed our room on the bottom floor because when we opened the back doors we could immediately access the pool and hot tub area. The only negative I could find is the limited parking and the is no elevator to the upper floors.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2018

The room was clean , smell good and the location was awesome. Ocean view was incredible but the breakfast was not continental.
Good customer service.
Next time we may come back but only to rent the room without the breakfast service

Room tip: Ocean view is great
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2018

To preface this review, I have always worked in the hospitality industry and my partner owns a cleaning service that also cleans hotel rooms. We are not upity or anything like that - we just love staying at hotels but they have got to be clean at the very minimum especilly since we travel with our senior dog.

I found this place online and the pictures looked great plus they were pet friendly. I sifted through some reviews and yes, some were not great but that comes with literally any hotel. I figured four stars works and it would be prety good.

Check-in was easy and fast, although they left out information regarding the breakfast in the morning and the wifi information.

Our room was a kind jacuzzi room with an ocean front view on the first floor. I saw some people had hammock like chairs hanging from their patio, unfortunatley that was not the case for our room. The view of the ocean was great and the pool was just a few steps from our room.

When we walked in, it was a bit small because the jacuzzi takes away pretty much all of the room as it sits literally a foot away from the king size bed. That's fine, we can deal with tight spaces! The bathroom was a good size and had a walk in shower. The king bed was ok, I guess it could of been worse, but it had three really sad pillows on it. The bed also had two throw pillows on it that were dirty.

The room has a desk (not in great coniditon) with a chair, a mini-fridge, microwave, makers, a three drawer dresser under the TV, and a closet (that was smelly, a hanger was missing, and housekeeping just tossed the laundry bag in there instead of folding it neatly like most other places). Also, the A/C unit in our room was leaking pretty heavily.

We left to go to dinner and it was weighing on our minds that we could not stay at this hotel. We went back anyways trying to make the best of the situation, but then we took the risk of using the jacuzzi. The tub was dirty, the water was dirty - it was bad. I still regret actually getting in there. I felt more dirty and less relaxed when I got it and I will never use a hotel jacuzzi again. I can't quite describe the awful feeling of feeling stuff stick to you that was not a product of your fiflth - but someone elses. Not to mention the area around the jacuzzi ledge was also disgusting. I still hate myself for taking the chance.

The only part of the room that appeared to be clean was the shower and toilet. The bedspread had minor stains on them (which can happen sometimes when sheets are folding with industrial machines, I get it). I never cared to lay under the actual sheets.

We ended up checking out before we even stayed one full night. They charged us for the first night "we stayed" and we had paid full price for the sole purpose of having a jacuzzi tub. They did not really seem to be bothered by the fact that we were leaving or that the room was dirty. We were not asking for the world, but you could have given us half of the one night back. Yes, we used some things in the room but we did not trash the place and we did pay full price for something we could have gotten much cheaper online.

Before we left, we spent 20 minutes or so trying to find another hotel to go to. The front desk person entered our room without knocking to "check the room" while we were still in there. It was really rude and strange. I know he wanted to check it to make sure we did not trash it, but also you did not seem considered about any of the other issues we reported about the room.

The hotel itself is just dingy and a big sketchy. It's dimly lit and depressing - like something out of a movie that has a skeevy main character.

I would not risk your vacation or getaway on this place. Luckily, I live close enough that we just drove home because all of the half decent places in Ormond or Daytona charge exurbant pet fees (considering my dog is old and sleeps 90% of the day, I'm not pay a $100 pet fee).

We have contacted the hotel to speak with the manager about recieving a partial or full refund on the night we never stayed.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Revisited the Lotus​ Inn where we honeymooned two years ago this summer. So sad to see such a lovely boutique inn falling into such disrepair.The smell of mildew was overwhelming. Black mold in overfilled dehumidifier. Humidity not in any way affected by dehumidifier. Hot tub had a huge hole in the floor, very poorly patched that affected performance drastically. Requests for clean bedding due to mother natures accidental arrival ignored... repeatedly... & for hours.i could go on.... All in all very disappointing. :-( Certainly won't waste my money here again.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2018

We stayed at this hotel for a wknd get-a-way. It was very clean and the staff were super friendly and helpful. It was right on the beach and close to everything. Great restaurants within walking distance as well.

Date of stay: July 2018