“The Pros and Cons!”

Ranked #163 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Panama City, Florida
“The Pros and Cons!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

Well, I will start off with the cons. The beds were the most uncomfortable beds that I have EVER sleep in. That includes sleeping in a sleeping bag in a tent. I honestly had back issues for the entire trip from those beds. It was so hot in the lobby, hallways, breakfast area, etc. There was no air each day in those areas, and I am usually cold natured. The hotel shuttle only picked up from Universal Studios at 7pm. I mean honestly, who stays there for 9 hours! We never had housekeeping at a reasonable hour, normally was around 6pm daily. Free WiFi? Not if you have an IPhone. Never once could get a signal. Asked the front desk if I needed a password, and they asked point blank if I had an IPhone because the hotel WiFi signal is weak, and is not compatable with IPhones. Price was high for this hotel, around 90.00 nightly. Now for the pros. Room was clean for the most part. Breakfast was nice, several options to choose from. Room overlooked a samll pond with several ducks that would fly over into the pool in the evenings. My son really enjoyed that. Centrally located to Universal and eateries. For the most part, not a terrible stay. Just would never pay that price again for this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Beth918

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Naples, Florida, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

Ok...unless you actually want to sleep. Floor is softer than bed. "Quality" insists on using foundations instead of boxspring. Really uncomfortable. Also, you will have a $3 service charge (previously undisclosed) on your bill. Clerk's reply was "All hotels in Orlando charge this". Not an answer, not true and just bad business.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Ralph W
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

This hotel served our purpose for visiting the malls, Disney and easy access from the airport. A shuttle is provided to the theme parks. The hotel is basic & clean, the only setback was a lack of seating at breakfast. There is additional seating outside and you share it with the smokers or you end up taking the food back to your room.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank warboys
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

My family and I recently stayed at the Quality Inn & Suites Universal Studios. First I can say that we have stayed here before when my oldest daughter was only 1 year old. Back then it wasn't bad. In fact they were replacing carpets back then. They have kept this place up to date and modern. It was originally a Wesley Inn and Suites. Well we needed a place to stay and for the coupon price of $44.95 it was well worth it. Like always I check out the rooms first before I stay. Check in is normally 3pm but It was only 11am and I went in and asked the front desk person if we could check in early as we have 2 little girls who get restless in the car. She said it would be no problem. I looked at a room on the 2nd floor. These rooms were clean. I asked for a non smoking room. The whole hotel is 100% non smoking as I was informed. I had a choice of 4th floor or 2nd floor. I chose the 2nd floor. The internet was slow that is one of the bad things. The shower has nice pressure and is nice and hot. The beds were comfortable. I slept well. The breakfast room was so crowded with tourists. Lots of choices but so crowded. Some people were hogging the waffle makers. I couldn't get in. They have hard boiled eggs with sausage gravy. (My wife saw this man from another country which we assume take a puff on his cigarette. Someone must have told him he can't smoke because as my wife was going to send me to the front desk it was out behind his ear.) Lots of breakfast choices. If you want to get any make sure you are there at 6am when breakfast starts. Overall a very pleasant stay. Great staff very helpful with everything. Definitely would stay again.

Room Tip: If traveling with kids ask for early check in. But that does depend on if enough rooms are already c...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank jdicarlo22000
South Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

I traveled with 10 students, 3 teachers and 2 parents to a competition in Orlando. The reservations were complicated, but the front desk was efficient. Like others have said, if it is luxury you desire, try someplace else. This hotel is a great value. The rooms were spacious, especially the suites with the sofa bed; 5 people stay comfortably in a room. The breakfast was adequate with hot waffles and biscuits and gravy in addition to sweet rolls, muffins, yogurt, that sort of fare. Everything appeared clean and in working order. The front desk stored our luggage while we were at our competition with no problems. There was a sort of musty odor at first, but once the air was running, it disappeared. I have not seen the charges appear on my credit card yet, but I don't expect any surprises. The whole trip went smoothly thanks in large part to the staff at Quality Inn. Some members of our group took the Internation Drive Trolley to do some mini golfing. It came right to the hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business