Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
US$370
Homewood
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$155
US$410
US$386
US$220
US$144
Avanti International Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$116
Agoda.com
US$404
US$381
Rosen Inn International(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$141
Travelocity
  • Pool
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$253
US$208
Cancelon
7,892 results
All reviewsold port royalepirate roommain poolfood courttrinidad northcustom housethe businternal shuttlepirate themejamaica sectionshutters restaurantdining planmain foodpreferred roomdisney worldwater viewmagic kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

This resort is spread out and you may get stuck in the last building like we did. There’s nothing in that building but an ice machine and drink vending machine. For food, laundry and to catch any shuttle, you are gonna have to walk some. The main pool they advertise is two areas over, so the walk is 5-10 min.

If your planning on catching the Disney buses, factor in the wait times. Depending on the park, you could be waiting more than 30 min just for the bus to show. Then it stops at every “area” in the resort before it heads out. Took an hour to get to Magic Kingdom today.
Coming back is just as bad except they are so crowded you’re gonna have to stand. We actually Uber’d cause it was faster.

In my opinion, don’t stay here unless you have a car. I regret it and will stay elsewhere next time.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
12  Thank djinvb
Disney-Parks-Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your family's recent visit with us. I'm sorry to learn that you had some disappointments during your stay.

Caribbean Beach is definitely one of the largest Resorts here at Walt Disney World. We provide an internal shuttle to help assist our Guests in getting from the main area of the Resort to their individual rooms, as well as getting to and from the pool. Our Park transportation typically runs every 20 minutes, and this time can fluctuate due to the amount of Guests we have traveling with us that day. As a rule we like to tell our Guests to give 1.5 hours to make it to their destination, not that it will take that long but sometimes we cannot predict the traffic patterns for any given time. However, it seems like there may have been an excessive amount of delays with this during your visit, which I’m truly sorry for. However, if you’re ever in a pinch for time, please know we also have the Minnie Van Service available for our Resort Guests, which is $25 per trip, per vehicle.

If you’re looking to stay in the price range of our Moderate Resorts, you may want to consider Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter on your next visit. This quaint Resort is the smallest of our Moderate Resorts… so small it only has one central bus stop! With so many great perks of staying at a Disney Resort, we sure hope you’ll give our Resorts another try.

Jessica

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I knew about the construction going into this resort, but really wasn't much of a bother. From where we were, Trinidad South, we didn't hear any construction going on. We stayed in the pirate-themed rooms. The boys loved it. Yeah, was a little small, but I'm not complaining about that. The rooms was very clean including the bathroom area. After coming back from the parks, the beds and everything was all cleaned up. I got a kick out of the fridge being in the wooden barrel.
This resort is well spread out. The pool basically outside our room was quiet and heated. The main pool was the busy one and we actually drove to that rather than walk or take a bus (from a tip I received on Trip Advisor). My boys just loved the pools.
We did order a pizza for room service one night, which was extremely expensive. I think was $33 for a medium pizza and some breadsticks. They automatically added a $3 service charge and 18% tip onto the bill, so definitely no extra tip was given. There was a new grill right outside the pool by our room that just opened so that was convenient for one night so we could eat by the pool. Pretty good food. We did eat at the breakfast buffet the morning we left. It was pretty decent, nothing extravagant.
We really didn't have a problem or long of wait with the bus system to the parks. The only one we had to wait a little on was to Magic Kingdom to go to the fireworks.
The resort was well-maintained though all the construction and will be pretty cool when all is said and done.

Room Tip: Trinidad South is quiet
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank dammitjim30
Disney-Parks-Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Aye me hearty! I'm thrilled that you and your family sought out adventure and good times with us at the Caribbean Beach! Our rooms have a whimsical touch from the pirate ship masts above the beds to the crafty barrel hidden refrigerators. You had better keep a weathered eye out or you may miss some of our more subtle nautical references.

I'm pleased that the construction did not put a damper on your seafaring ways whilst you vacationed with us. Our Cast Members from all areas have worked together to make each and every experience cohesive during this time. We have also enjoyed sharing some of our concept artwork for the final product with Guests in Centertown so they too can get excited about what is to come.

I hope your treasure map will lead you back to where "X" marks the spot for a good time for future family vacations.

Janet

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Family of 4 stayed at this hotel during the construction work. This did not affect our stay in the slightest. Rooms nice and clean. We cannot fault the Disney transport in the slightest, buses were very regular and was never had a long wait. All staff very helpful and friendly.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
8  Thank Jayne M
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed there for a week. Rooms were small we had the pirate room two full-size beds. Beds not very comfortable. The rooms were clean and housekeeping was very good. But if your military stay at shades of green it’s a lot better. Transportation to the parks Took 40 minutes or more.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Thanks for telling us about your stay at Caribbean Beach. It sure sounds like it had its pros and cons for you. I’m glad to see we are continuing to provide clean accommodations for all of our Guests as we should, but sorry to see the transportation lacked. It definitely seems like we dropped the ball in this regard, and I totally understand the frustration. I hope you’ll give Disney Resorts another chance and visit with us again soon.

Brittany

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Hard to rate a Disney property as average but this one probably deserves it based on all the construction going on at the property and the fact that you can't easily walk around without using the internal bus system which can be a huge waste of time and make you late if you have a schedule to follow. Even the more budget resorts make it easy for you to walk between the main buildings, but this one doesn't even make it easy for you to get to/from your room back to the check-in. All of the shuttles stop at each cluster of buildings in the hotel which means you have a 20 minute ride within the resort before you even start going anywhere…They are installing a new gondola system that will connect this resort to Epcot and MGM Studios in the future…but it still won't resolve the internal movement of people. Probably wouldn't choose to stay here again…prefer the more budget style Art of Animation or Pop Century.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter because any room is in a cluster of buildings representing different Caribbean islands, around a central lake.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 541jameso

Whoa, breaking out the original Park names here – MGM Studios is where it’s at! I can tell you’ve spent many years here at Disney enjoying all the magic.

Thanks for stopping in to tell us about your stay at Caribbean Beach. I totally understand your frustration with all the construction going on throughout the Resort. Did you get a chance to check out the concept art they have up in the food tent area? I got a chance to walk through there and I can’t wait to see the reimagined lobby and dining area they are putting in. It will streamline everything at the Resort, and I would bet it will even help with time on the busses as well. I hope you’ll check it out once everything is complete, but if not, that’s ok, too. We have so many great options and we can’t wait to see you back again.

Brittany