We wanted to stay at a hotel that provided reliable shuttles to the theme parks but without having to stay at an "official" Disney resort hotel. First of all, before we even arrived, Holiday Inn staff e-mailed me back regarding questions I had and I was a bit indecisive which view I wanted - whether I wanted the tower with DD view with balcony or a pool view was sufficient but also wanted to be nearby my sister who wanted the DD view in the tower - eventually Kelly helped me to book a 7 night breakfast rate for $139-149 rate/night with DD view with balcony during the busy President's week while my sister unfortunately who was not staying for 7 days paid a slightly higher rate per night with her AAA deal for same type of room. We were placed on the 9th floor and we had a view of the pool below us as well as the DD view.
What's nice about being in the tower instead of the wing is that when you are on the inside, you can look down to the restaurant below.
The staff is very friendly, always saying hello as you pass through, lobby is very bright and smells good. Check in was quick as no one else was there in front of us. Check out was easy too and they were able to make corrections as they accidentally charged us self parking fee when we had no car. I also was able to do late checkout by 2 PM b/c I was a priority club member. Guest services also helped arranged car service pickup to the airport. Cost of car service was $65 plus tip and able to use credit card for such. My sister used taxi that was metered and her trip back to airport cost $48 plus tip.
Room/amenities: nice comfortable beds, refrigerator and microwave available, Bath and Body works shampoo/conditioner/body lotion provided, along with citrus mint bar soap and mint mouthwash. Rainforest alliance coffee and coffeemaker (not used). Rooms are clean. Bathroom shelf convenient - would have liked another towel bar besides the one towel bar and the hook provided. Nice flat screen TV. In-room safe a plus. Daily newspaper.
Can hardly hear any noise from the other rooms. In room electronic thermostat - not noisy when A/C or heat is on.
Used the pool one afternoon - it is moderately sized and heated - would have preferred that the spraying sprinklers were off on that windy day b/c it's cold to have water sprayed in your face - it's zero entry and goes as deep as about 4 feet 5 inches in the center. Also there is hot tub (not used). Towels are provided. It was never crowded. Also has fitness center and gift shop and grab and go food outlet and business center that we did not use.
Food: buffet bkft was great - they make omelettes and Mickey mouse shaped pancakes to order, also the usual hot items: pancakes, toast, hash browns, bacon, sausage, corned beef hash, various cereals and pastries - I didn't always sit down for buffet but also can take items to go - they gave us 2 vouchers/day for bkft since I had the 7 day bkft rate and so only paid tip. We've also eaten dinner at the Palms Breeze restaurant for late night at 9 PM and the food was actually very good and reasonably priced, esp since the kids 12 and under eat free. We've also eaten lunch as well but had to sit in the bar b/c at the time we arrived, it was not busy so service in the bar to eat lunch was a bit slower but still reasonable b/c there was not the entire wait staff available. By the time we were done, we noticed that they did eventually open the main restaurant area for other to have lunch. Food choices are pretty good. Great option when we're too lazy to walk to Downtown Disney or when DD is very crowded. Definitely try the T-Rex (make advanced reservations), Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck Express.
Shuttles: shuttles come about every 1/2 hour - supposed to come on the hour and half hour but hard to predict b/c sometimes they arrive 5 minutes after or even later. we are the 2nd stop with Hilton being picked up first and then followed by Royal Plaza and Doubletree suites. we are on Bus A. There is another Bus B that picks up 3 other hotels on the other side of Hotel Plaza Blvd. Most of the times, the shuttle buses does 2 drop offs to the theme parks: usually it's MK then DHS and the other bus goes to Epcot than AK. When dropping off to MK, it's really the TTC (transportation & ticket center) location which then you have to take either Monorail or ferry boat to actually get to MK. Other times, I've seen the buses only go to one park so it does vary. One time, Bus B also picked us up from theme park to go back to the Bus A hotels too. It seems that the buses are most crowded around the 9 and 9:30 AM times that sometimes it has to skip picking up at the other 2 last hotels so I think they have other back up plans for that. Pickup times at the theme parks are announced usually and pretty accurate. At times, I've seen the shuttles come to Epcot and then pick up from DHS before heading back to the hotels and not to AK so it seems which two parks they drop and pick up vary. Downtown Disney - the marketplace is about 8 minute walk with Hilton being the closest hotel to DD. They also have shuttle buses that go to DD starting at 6 PM but we've never taken such. At times, when we are already in Downtown Disney, we take the Disney transport buses to one of the Disney hotels and then take the monorail or buses to one of the theme parks so we don't have to walk back to our hotel to catch the shuttle. Plus the white Disney transport buses come more often at evey 20 minutes. Our buses are blue with a yellow oval that says Downtown Disney Resort Area so they are easy to spot from a distance.
Overall, we loved our stay at this hotel and these Tripadvisor reviews did help me pick this hotel and I'm glad I did. I've stayed at Disney resort hotels twice in the past and in comparing cost/convenience - I think staying at the Holiday Inn was a better deal and experience - it's a moderate sized hotel so it has a cozy feel without feeling the crowd.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Orlando-Disney Springs Area. Located in the Walt Disney World Resort, within walking distance to Disney Springs Area we offer the perfect place to stay during your vacation to Walt Disney World. With deluxe rooms, lobby and relaxing pool you are sure to enjoy the comfort and convenience of our charming Orlando hotel. Whether you are in town for a weekend getaway, destination wedding or family vacation, our hotel in Lake Buena Vista puts you in the center of it all. We are conveniently located to several Orlando attractions, golf courses and shopping. If you're in Orlando on business, feel free to utilize our 8 different meeting rooms with space for up to 500 guests. During your vacation, enjoy our choice Orlando hotel amenities, which include free high-speed Internet access, a delicious on-site restaurant and lounge, Bath and Body Works bath amenities in every bathroom a zero-entry pool and nightly specials for kids and kids at heart. Check out our award winning hotel room deals and make your reservation today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn - In The Walt Disney World Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area Florida
- Orlando Holiday Inn