7,805 results
All reviewssea worldvillage inndouble treeapril willisinternational drivetower roomwarm cookiesmain towermini golfconvention centeri ride trolleyping pongpool barfridge and microwaveparking feemain poolfree shuttle
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I must start off by saying the staff members are truly amazing. Everyone is very helpful and friendly. The Resort is lovely as well as relaxing. I enjoyed my stay at the Double Tree at Seaworld and my family and I can't wait to return. Special thanks to April at the front dest and the Valet parking staff Mr. Rodriguez.

• Stayed: September 2012
Doubtletree_Orlando, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled you were able to enjoy your time with us and I look forward to sharing your comments with the team. It would be great to welcome you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld again soon.

Reviewed 29 September 2012

We stayed here for 2 weeks in Sept 12. Hotel lobby is very impressive looking and has free wifi (but not in the rooms unless you pay $10 per device per day). We were allocated a room in one of the blocks near the "quiet" pool but unfortunately after a few days, due to the pools being open until 12am, the noise from the pool music playing and that of other guests was too much and we requested to be moved - and were allocated a room in the tower - a much more pleasant experience. The tower room felt much more airy and light and had a separate bathroom, as opposed to a small toilet/shower room and the sink being in the main room in the block rooms - not great when you need to get up in the night and disturb others by needing to put the light on/sound of running water.

Housekeeping came every day and were good at replenishing the toiletries (crabtree and evelyn products) though on some occasions, I think the standard could've been a little better - in terms of cleaning the bath/moping the bathroom floor etc. Otherwise, we found the room to be comfortable and had no issues with the bed or pillows.

There is cable tv in the rooms with lots of channels to choose from (though the remotes aren't that responsive for some reason) and an in room safe (free of charge). They do put a disclaimer notice on the in-room safe to "encourage" you to pay for the safety deposit boxes at reception to the effect that any thefts from the in room safe won't be their responsibility (bit cheeky I think) but we had no problems with the room safe so I guess it's personal preference.

There is bottled water and tea/coffee making facilities in the room but beware they charge you for these, even though they appear to be free - they are not! - so ask before you use anything so that you know what you are paying for. You get a free paper each morning to your room.

I also heard other guests talking about a deposit charge of £175 (or dollars) that they charge to your card upon check in (and refund after check out) but if this is the case then this was never expressly stated upon check in (I have yet to check my credit card statement to see if this is true) so just be aware of this when you check in as reception certainly didn't tell me that they were doing this.

We had 2 free vouchers for the breakfast buffet (I think I recall it costing $17 dollars each for breakfast) but I can't say I was impressed and I wouldn't have been happy if I had paid for it. There was an array of cold and hot choices (such as bagels/pastries/fresh fruit and scrambled eggs, pork, beans etc) but I didn't think the quality was all that great. We didn't eat from the deli as there was never much choice in terms of breakfast items and the drinks were more expensive then the shop in the lobby (though I would suggest going to the petrol station across the road from the hotel for drinks/snacks as much cheaper). There are also a couple of eateries there such as subway, italian, indian and steak restaurant. Red lobster, McDs, Dennys and i-hop were only a 10 min walk away (or 1 trolley stop).

Upon check in you get a free cookie which are yummy! They are very happy to give them to you every day as well if you ask at reception. A def plus point!

The hotel is located very close to seaworld and aquatica (about 15 min walk to each) and also provides free shuttles (though the timings aren't great - but doable). Otherwise, the trolley stops are located right outside the hotel which makes for easy transport to the parks and other areas on i-drive. They also give you quick queue passes to Seaworld (you ask for them the day before you intend to go) which is great for the rides. We didn't go to Disney but they run shuttles there as well. However, we did use the shuttle for Universal Studios/IoA - but they only run it once - 10.10am and pick up at 7.15pm - which makes for a long day! However, you can walk to the Studios from i-drive (trolley stop 7 or 8) which takes about 15 mins which we found to be preferable as we could then plan the day suited to our needs. If you opt for the shuttle, you have to book the day before as places fill up quickly.

There is a car park but it charges $15 dollars per day. Rip off. Unless you plan to drive far, I would say a car isn't necessary as the transports links are quite good (though the trolley can get very busy at times!).

The pool areas were good with sun loungers and free towels (though it doesn't have sun umbrellas so finding shade can be a challenge!). The water in the quiet pool is much warmer than the main pool (though they are both quite cool still - but just what you need when you've been baking in the sun!)

So to sum up, a good hotel in a good location, but there are some improvements that could be made to make it really excellent. I would stay again but only in a tower room.

Room Tip: Go for a tower room (higher the better if you don't want to be disturbed by pool noise.)
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PoppyBristol

Your comments and suggestions are appreciated. We are happy you were able to enjoy your overall experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld. There are a variety of transportation options for our guests including on site car rental and multiple modes of transit just outside the hotel. Our staff is always available to assist guests with any questions they may have. While there is a charge for the water in each guest room, our coffee and tea service is free of charge. Thank you for sharing your stay and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 September 2012 via mobile

this is not your typical double tree its really upscale . I was shocked ..We stayed two nights while going to Disney.. the lobby of the hotel was very welcoming and pretty. Customer service was superb :) starting from the point when we arrived, victor in valet in was very nice to my nephew and offered us bottles of cold water for our trip to Disney and April was very helpful at front desk I emalied her and she really help guide us with her trip and took care of our room concerns with no problem.. the hotel staff really made us feel like they were there to make our stay the best. We had double beds nice size room beds were comfy and plush .. u gotta do the breakfast buffet all u can eat, its around $16 bucks and it was well spent. A big variety of hot food Danish, fresh fruits and design your own omelets , breakfast potatoes * really good. We loaded up on food at breakfast which held us up until 3 pm until lunch. I'm really big on customer service this hotel gets 5 stars I will stay again location is right off the free way easy to find theme parks about 2 mins from seaworld.. and 10 mins from Disney right off the freeway ..

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank heavenneyes

It was a pleasure to have had you here. Your comments and suggestions are appreciated and we can't thank you enough for your kind words. Thank you so much for sharing your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld soon.

Reviewed 28 September 2012

We made a reservation at the last minute because I had a business seminar to attend near by. We decided to make a mini vacation of it and stay for a long weekend. The experience surpassed anything we had expected. All of the staff went above and beyond to make us feel not only welcome but very special.
This is the kind of service that has been forgotten at many other hotels. We will return anytime we stay in Orlando and we will recommend the Doubletree by Hilton at SeaWorld to anybody we know that is coming to Orlando.
There are many places nearby to eat, but really no need to leave the hotel because there food was excellent.

Room Tip: Our room on the seventh floor in the tower was very quite.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay. We are thrilled your last minute reservation at the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld was more than you expected. I look forward to sharing your comments with the team. It would be wonderful to welcome you back the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 28 September 2012

We arrived at this hotel on the 10th September for a 16 day stay for our honeymoon, on first arrival the hotel was stunning ... it looked lovely, the lobby is stunning and the staff were very friendly. Arriving in our room we were very pleased with the standard and cleanliness of the room however there were a few points that we felt that there were some improvements that the hotel needed and some handy tips:

1- Avoid the EXPEDIA desk like it has the plague .. they will cripple you out of as much money as they can .. be sure to head to the information centre on international drive .. you can buy i-ride tickets which get you along international drive very cheap, easily and safely. You can also get from here a information sheet and timetables for the lynx bus, you can also buy tickets for these here, these buses will help you get to Disney, florida mall, gatorland and kissimmee!

2- Dont rely on the hotel transport to the parks .. it runs when it wants and does not take into consideration the park times as will often get you there once the parks have opened, are late and often pick up before the park has finished so the i-trolley and lynx buses are useful for getting around

3 - Food in the hotel is to a high standard in the restaurant, however the breakfast buffet is expensive and not to the same standard as other meal options, if they did away with the buffet breakfast and offered a menu similar to the in room breakfast service which is cooked fresh we think the breakfast would be much better - if the hotel offered freshly cooked breakfast rather then a buffet breakfast which has been sat around this could be improved. The other fault is the Deli, Max's Deli this could be so much better but it was let down by the dirty microwave and poor breakfast food options .. if this offered lighter breakfast options like fruit pots, yoghurts, breakfast baps and pancakes it could make a killing but at the moment it sells crossaints, muffins and bagels for breakfast or some cereal choices!!

4- use the village inn opposite .. the food is amazing

5- do not buy drinks in the parrot bar .. this is the bar at the pool area .. they charge 9 dollars in comparison to 4 at the other bar for a beer .. total rip off if you ask me!!

6 - expect very friendly staff and excellent housekeepers .. the hotel is immaculate and very clean its just a shame that there are some minor areas which need improving!!

we would return again without question but feel that the hotel has some improving to do as it has the hilton tag but not the standard you would expect from a Hilton .. you could see whilst we were there that the hotel is trying to approve things which is positive!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KevinLucy

It is disappointing to learn your overall experience with us was not as you expected. We appreciate you bringing these concerns to our attention as feedback like this helps us to improve in our services. Your comments will be reviewed further with the team and we regret any inconvenience you may have experienced. Thank you for sharing your perspective.