“Great Sandwich Shop”

Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 23 December 2016

Fantastic sandwiches. Very creative but not over-the-top. Everything was in perfect balance. We tried a grilled turkey sandwich with mashed potatoes, etc and a grilled chicken curry salad. It was particularly done in that the bread was the perfect thickness and I've never had a grilled sandwich so perfectly done. A lot of restaurants persume "huge slabs of bread" makes for a better sandwich, the sandwiches here are just the right proportions of bread and fillings.
There are only four sides. We tried a warm German potato salad and a mac and cheese with tomatoes and (yes) sriracha. Both were outstanding. Even here Pom Pom's has just the right balance, the sides are less than $2 each and the portions are just right for one person.
Parking is tight though. We arrived at 11:03 for their 11AM opening and there were less than a handful of spots open. Could be a problem.
They are open 24hrs daily on the weekend--this would be an amazing late night spot.
I would recommend every dish we tried....It was all that good.
Extremely well done.

Reviewed 7 December 2016

This is a hip little sandwich and tea shop with fun art on the walls. If you like the art, you can buy it!

Every item I've had on the menu has been fantastic and you can't really go wrong with whatever they are having as the tea of the day! They have a variety of options for vegetarians and meat eaters alike. Don't forget dessert! I usually have to get it to go since I'm usually too full from my yummy meal.

My go-to meal is the veggie sandwich and whatever the tea of the day is, with a side of peanut noodles. The salted caramel brownies are divine. But all of the vegetarian options are wonderful. (yes, I've tried them all)

The servers are some of the best I have ever encountered, both extremely friendly and efficient.

Make sure to stop by, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 30 November 2016

I won't lie. I was skeptical about trying the items on their menu but they definitely won me over in just one visit! My coworkers had been several times before but I'd always back out. Until one day I went ahead and tried The Low Rider. So this turkey sandwich creation made my coworkers look sideways when I described it but it was amazingly delicious! I also enjoyed the fact that I got friendly service when I ordered over the phone and then when I picked up my order. I still haven't tried The Colossal PB&J or The Mama Ling Ling’s Thanksgiving sandwiches but my coworkers swear by them!

Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

I go here almost every other weekend. They're open 24/7 on Fridays and Saturdays. It's perfect for after a night in downtown. The cheddar soup is my favorite!

Reviewed 12 October 2016

The tiny sandwich shop with a hipster vibe sits next to a record store down bumby near downtown. For those in need of hangover food, a great lunch or something to soak up the alcohol, this place is open after the bars close and sometimes 24 hours. I've tasted a few sandwiches, teas, and sides here, all great, but the one you HAVE to try is the number 13: thanksgiving sandwich. It is, in fact, thanksgiving in yo mouth. I've eaten it on the holiday as well as every time I go there. It tastes great on any bread. My friend likes pumpernickel. I prefer sourdough. It has turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, goat cheese, cranberry sauce, AND MORE GRAVY ON THE SIDE! It is amazing. Very cute ambiance with interesting artwork and pictures on the wall for purchase. Get in the holiday spirit with the number 13