“Awful hotel”

Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort
Ranked #214 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel has the worst customer in a hotel the manager (Charlotte) told my family and I that We lied to get a connecting room and they tried to put an elderly pensioner on a roll out Bed bearing in mind she had illness with her back and the manager also intimidated my family it really was a bad start to our virgin Atlantic holiday

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
CoCoKeyOrl, Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Hello Tom P

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. I apologize for the challenges you that you encountered and I would like to apologize for you experiencing anything other than a fantastic stay.

I would like to discuss this in more detail so we can take immediate action to correct the areas you mentioned, and change your opinion of us. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that we can restore your confidence in us. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Warmest Regards,

Andrew
Front Office Manager
Andy.Holt@cocokeyorlando.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,873)

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

When we were first booking our trip to Florida there was so many hot ale to choose from and we thought it was a very hard confusing decision, in the end we flicked through the brochure and picked the one we thought would be best for the kids. We made such a good decision, we loved it here.

The location is fab, Right in the middle of everything, the pub game changers next door was great, the chick wings were fab!. There is so much to do just outside the hotel and so many places to eat we found it hard to choose as so much choice.

The hotel was clean the staff friendly and the kids loved the pool and water park area, the laundrette was a god send and we used a lot as only thing that let it down was no where to dry clothes outside your room like a normal holiday to say we did have to use the dryers in the laundrette to dry them instead. The beds were made everyday and room cleaned, the sheets were changed every 3 days and could request more frequent if needed. The water park bit was good for a chill day as nowhere near as busy as the big ones.

We only ate here once from the pizza place and was nice, a bit expensive compared to outside of hotel but no complaints on portion size or the taste.

The hotel had free shuttles to universal which you have to book he night before, the ones to Disney were chargeable though. We used Uber the whole holiday and was so much cheaper than driving. Free WiFi for the whole stay but was a bit intermittent and some times could not use at all but we only used it to order Uber’s and FaceTime family so not to much of an issue.

We loved this hotel and would go back any time soon.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank lm2081

Hello lm2081

Thank you for taking the time to share with us feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate it. Our ultimate goal is to provide a fun, safe and clean environment to all our guests. I am thrilled that we were able to meet you and your family's expectations.

I am delighted that you had a great time with us. I hope you had a lot of fun in the water park and that you created long lasting memories.

I look forward to welcoming you back next time you are coming to Orlando.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We did a little staycation right after huricane Irma, so the kids can have a little fun. The hotel was recommended by family so we decided to give it a shot. The room was very clean and the water park was fun even though some slides are only open at certain times. Unfortunately, the wi-fi didn't work so my husband couldn't work from the hotel, even though it said that wi-fi was available. On the 2nd night the A/C rattled at night so it would wake us up at night. The A/C in the lobby didnt work the whole week we stayed there and the staff was not knowledgable. Also, when they came to make the beds they didnt put the correct sheets on them, it seems like they run out of fitted sheets or they just don't know how to make the beds.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
CoCoKeyOrl, Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Hello Ane65,

Warmest Regards,

Andrew
Front Office Manager
Andy.Holt@cocokeyorlando.com

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 weeks with 5 other adults and 3 children. In total we had 5 rooms. Upon check in we were all given rooms in block 6. When I tried to enter my room a man appeared shouting that I couldn't go in as members of his family were staying there. He knocked on the door and his family answered. I had been given room keys for a room another family were in.....and checking out 3 days later. Had to go back down to reception with one of the folk staying in the room and had to wait in line again. When we got to the front I explained to the lady what had happened and her exact response was "I don't know what's going on anymore, I am as lost as you are" very reassuring! I then asked to speak to another member of staff who was very helpful. I couldn't get a room on the same floor therefore I had to leave the others, it wasn't too much hassle but I would of rather been on same floor for convenience. I did manage to get moved rooms back to where I was originally supposed to be after the other party had checked out. So...now I've got that out the way...this hotel is in an ideal location. 10 mins from Universal, roughly 30 mins to Disney. I can see why some people refer to it as a "motel" but I guess that might be if you had one of the rooms outside, whereas block 6 is all indoors. Front pool is nice, plenty of sunbeds we never had an issue getting any, no matter what time. Front pool is open 8am-10pm. I would suggest perhaps a little more lighting around the pool area at night as it can get quite dark whilst kids are still in the pool. I only ever went to use the water park twice, and both times it was closed. The indoor pool is suitable for smaller kids. The room (both of them) were fine. Only issue with both was the noise coming off the air conditioning....it clearly has seen better days. Can't comment on any of the food places as never ate there....there is McDonald's, Ihop, Dennys on your doorstep. There is a taxi service from reception, we used this twice and we're charged much more than you would be a normal taxi. It's more like a chauffer service! Some parts of the inside of the hotel have seen better days but that doesn't bother me. The last thing....I do think the resort fees should be looked at if you are not planning to use the water park. They do say that is what they are for. So if your not using it, why should you need to pay it? You are issued with wristbands for it so if you wouldn't be able to get in if you didn't have them.
After the hiccup at the beginning...I did have a good stay. I am now back home in Glasgow in the freezing cold and missing the Florida sun.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank louise_cfc2003

Hello louise_cfc2003

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate it. I would like to apologize for the confusion at the beginning of your stay. I am delighted our team was able to help you out and find your a room in the building 6 like you wanted.

I am thrilled you and your family had a great time and you were able to enjoy the pool. I hope you created long lasting memories.

I have noted your challenges and will make sure to share it with everyone during our next team meeting.

I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

We stayed here in August this year, 2 adults 2 kids. Rooms around the quiet pool are large with fridge, microwave etc. Room & bathroom all clean and house keeping excellent. The pool our room overlooked was very nice with towels and a bar.
We only used the water park once and although very busy seemed to cope with the crowds.
Great location on idrive with plenty of restaurants and shops.
Special thanks for great service from Andy Holt and his team (Austin & Usha) for arranging some lovely flowers, balloons and chocolates in our room for our anniversary, you definitely went the extra mile, thank you again.

Room Tip: First floor block 5 facing the pool, lovely sunshine in the morning and bang in the middle without t...