“Fun for the kids”

Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort
Ranked #214 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We did a little staycation right after huricane Irma, so the kids can have a little fun. The hotel was recommended by family so we decided to give it a shot. The room was very clean and the water park was fun even though some slides are only open at certain times. Unfortunately, the wi-fi didn't work so my husband couldn't work from the hotel, even though it said that wi-fi was available. On the 2nd night the A/C rattled at night so it would wake us up at night. The A/C in the lobby didnt work the whole week we stayed there and the staff was not knowledgable. Also, when they came to make the beds they didnt put the correct sheets on them, it seems like they run out of fitted sheets or they just don't know how to make the beds.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
CoCoKeyOrl, Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Hello Ane65,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. I apologize for the challenges you that you encountered and I would like to apologize for you experiencing anything other than a fantastic stay.

I would like to discuss this in more detail so we can take immediate action to correct the areas you mentioned, and change your opinion of us. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that we can restore your confidence in us. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Warmest Regards,

Andrew
Front Office Manager
Andy.Holt@cocokeyorlando.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,888)

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 weeks with 5 other adults and 3 children. In total we had 5 rooms. Upon check in we were all given rooms in block 6. When I tried to enter my room a man appeared shouting that I couldn't go in as members of his family were staying there. He knocked on the door and his family answered. I had been given room keys for a room another family were in.....and checking out 3 days later. Had to go back down to reception with one of the folk staying in the room and had to wait in line again. When we got to the front I explained to the lady what had happened and her exact response was "I don't know what's going on anymore, I am as lost as you are" very reassuring! I then asked to speak to another member of staff who was very helpful. I couldn't get a room on the same floor therefore I had to leave the others, it wasn't too much hassle but I would of rather been on same floor for convenience. I did manage to get moved rooms back to where I was originally supposed to be after the other party had checked out. So...now I've got that out the way...this hotel is in an ideal location. 10 mins from Universal, roughly 30 mins to Disney. I can see why some people refer to it as a "motel" but I guess that might be if you had one of the rooms outside, whereas block 6 is all indoors. Front pool is nice, plenty of sunbeds we never had an issue getting any, no matter what time. Front pool is open 8am-10pm. I would suggest perhaps a little more lighting around the pool area at night as it can get quite dark whilst kids are still in the pool. I only ever went to use the water park twice, and both times it was closed. The indoor pool is suitable for smaller kids. The room (both of them) were fine. Only issue with both was the noise coming off the air conditioning....it clearly has seen better days. Can't comment on any of the food places as never ate there....there is McDonald's, Ihop, Dennys on your doorstep. There is a taxi service from reception, we used this twice and we're charged much more than you would be a normal taxi. It's more like a chauffer service! Some parts of the inside of the hotel have seen better days but that doesn't bother me. The last thing....I do think the resort fees should be looked at if you are not planning to use the water park. They do say that is what they are for. So if your not using it, why should you need to pay it? You are issued with wristbands for it so if you wouldn't be able to get in if you didn't have them.
After the hiccup at the beginning...I did have a good stay. I am now back home in Glasgow in the freezing cold and missing the Florida sun.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank louise_cfc2003
CoCoKeyOrl, Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Hello louise_cfc2003

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate it. I would like to apologize for the confusion at the beginning of your stay. I am delighted our team was able to help you out and find your a room in the building 6 like you wanted.

I am thrilled you and your family had a great time and you were able to enjoy the pool. I hope you created long lasting memories.

I have noted your challenges and will make sure to share it with everyone during our next team meeting.

I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

We stayed here in August this year, 2 adults 2 kids. Rooms around the quiet pool are large with fridge, microwave etc. Room & bathroom all clean and house keeping excellent. The pool our room overlooked was very nice with towels and a bar.
We only used the water park once and although very busy seemed to cope with the crowds.
Great location on idrive with plenty of restaurants and shops.
Special thanks for great service from Andy Holt and his team (Austin & Usha) for arranging some lovely flowers, balloons and chocolates in our room for our anniversary, you definitely went the extra mile, thank you again.

Room Tip: First floor block 5 facing the pool, lovely sunshine in the morning and bang in the middle without t...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Paul h

Hello Paul,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback regarding your recent stay. We truly appreciate it. It allows us to continually do our best to meet and exceed our guests expectations.

I am delighted that you and your family had a great time with us. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the location of the hotel as well as our amenities. I hope you created long lasting memories.

I will make sure to fill out a comment form that that Andy, Usha and Austin can be recognized during our next team meeting.

I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Just returned from a short stay,1st time at this Hotel,Clean & Tidy,All though I have young children the free water park looks great.Mum & Dad can eat & Drink whilst they are playing.Only complaint one Member of staff on Reception (Male) can not remember name,Not very Helpful.When I go back to I Drive I will stay there Again.
Dave A

Room Tip: Higher floor 5th no noise
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sameoldamo

Hello Sameoldamo,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate it. It allows us to continually do our best to meet and exceed our guests' expectations.

I am thrilled that you and your family had a great stay with us. I am delighted that the children had a lot of fun in the water park and I hope you created long lasting memories.

I look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

3 large adults trying to fit into 2 double beds even called ahead and was assured they had queen rooms available. Once we arrive we were told they were not available due to construction. And could add a rollaway for $15 per night didn't have much choice. Even had to carry the bed up the stairs to our room.. The wifi didn't work we couldn't even find the network to connect .our tv would turn itself off after about 30 seconds.
I was also woken at 3 -am by a man screaming outside in his boxers
There wasn't much of anything to say that was ok about my stay. There were plenty of pillows. And the maid did a decent job each day. Other than that.... nothing, I won't Wast my money there again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends