“Water park is the only good thing about the hotel”

Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort
Ranked #214 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 8 October 2017

We stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in July. We stayed because of the waterpark, as a guest you can use the waterpark for the duration of your stay for free. The water park is great, even when is was very busy it wasn't too long a wait for the slides. The lifeguards were excellent and I felt like they were always paying attention to people around them.
As for the hotel, it was so disappointing. We wanted somewhere cheap and cheerful so wasn't expecting much for our money. The facilities in the room were basic as we expected, the cleanliness was non existent and really let down the hotel.
The room was clean enough when we arrived but the only thing the housekeepers did for the duration of our stay was make the beds. The shower/sink wasn't cleaned, the floors weren't hovered and we had to empty the bins ourselves on quite a few occasions.
We have a four year old who only likes to have baths, the bath became so grubby after a week of not being cleaned so I went to fetch the manager to show her. I explained that I was going to be leaving a bad review but felt like they should be shown why I would be leaving the bad review and give them the chance to put it right. The manager (cant remember her name) appeared genuine in telling us that she didn't think the cleanliness was good enough and as she has children herself she would feel the same about not wanting to put her child in the bath when it wasn't being cleaned. She said she would get the housekeepers to make sure it was all done the following day and come back herself to check that it was all ok. The housekeepers only made the beds again the next day, it took a further 2 days for them to clean the sink. We never had a follow up from the manager either. I resorted to cleaning the bath myself after that with the flannels and shower gel supplied to the room. The floors were not hovered for the rest of our stay.
The pool was very dirty some days, I had to ask the reception staff to get someone to use a net to clean it as when we were in there we could see big clumps of hair and other bits of rubbish floating around. In every hotel I've stayed in with a pool I have always seen someone cleaning the pool in a morning before the pool is open to the public, I'm not sure why the same wasn't done at this hotel. The spa pool was lovely for a few days. We went in on one occasion and I felt like there was far too much chemical in, we got straight back out and I could literally feel the chemical layered on us. I reported it to reception and someone came to check and then closed the spa for the rest of the day. As this was only an hour after it opened the chemical level couldn't have been checked before opening. Very disappointing hotel and wouldn't stay here again. Its true what they say...you get what you pay for and we will definitely not being booking cheap and cheerful again.

Room Tip: No good rooms. Stay elsewhere and just visit the waterpark
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
CoCoKeyOrl, Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Hello Kirstyslow

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. I apologize for the challenges you that you encountered and I would like to apologize for you experiencing anything other than a fantastic stay.

I would like to discuss this in more detail so we can take immediate action to correct the areas you mentioned, and change your opinion of us. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that we can restore your confidence in us. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Warmest Regards,

Andrew
Front Office Manager
Andy.Holt@cocokeyorlando.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,880)

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Absolutely great place!!!! My wife and I love staying here. We won’t stay anywhere else on International drive or Orlando for that matter. The manager Andy Holt always goes above and beyond to make sure our stay is better than the last (which is a pretty impossible task seeing as we have always had a wonderful experience). If your looking for a fun hotel with lots of amenities and a staff that cares about you stay here!!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joe F
Management response:Responded 6 October 2017

Hello Joe F

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate it. It allows us to continually do our best to meet and exceed our guests expectations.

I am thrilled to hear that you and your family had a great time with us. I hope you were able to create long lasting memories.

I will make sure to fill out a comment form in your behalf so that Andy can be recognized during our next team meeting.

I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Great family fun our kids loves this place we can't get enough ! Thanks to Andy one of the management team that was so helpful with all our arrangements! We have celebrated our daughters birthday few years in q row because it's perfect for the entire family !

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jackelinemmc

Hello Jackelinemmc,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate it. It allows us to continually do our best to meet and exceed our guests' expectations.

I am delighted that you and your family have always a lot of fun with us. I am delighted to hear that you are creating long lasting memories every year at CoCo Key.

I will make sure to fill our a comment form for Andy so that it can be recognized during our next team meeting.

I look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I went there to celebrate my daughter's 2nd birthday with friends and family. Everyone from the front desk to the housekeeping staff was just beyond amazing. Their customer service is excellent. The pool and game room are an endless source of fun for the whole family. They habe on-site food & beverages so we never even had to leave the hotel. Plus, there are restaurants within walking distance. We enjoyed our stay so much that we're already planning our next trip. We didn't even need to go to any of the major parks because the kids were so busy having fun there, that they forgot about that. They just didn't wanna stop sliding down into the pool. Hands down, one of the best family friendly hotels in the area.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank PatsyPat

Hello PatsyPat,

I am thrilled that you and your family had an amazing time with us to celebrate your daughter's 2nd birthday. I am delighted that you were able to fully enjoy the water park and the arcade. I hope you created long lasting memories.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Took my Son here for our annual family vacay. The hotel is in a great location. Took us about 20 min to get to Magic kingdom and Aquatica. There's so much to do in Orlando. You can just walk right outside the hotel and there's things to do on the boulevard the hotel is on. From attractions to kids activities. It's all over the place. The Water park, pool and hot tub area was great. The hotel rooms, not so much. The "hotel" looks like a motel. The room didn't feel the cleanest and the food was horrible. My son had a great time. That's all that matters, but I won't be staying at the hotel again.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Joanna C

Hello Joanna C

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate it. It allows us to continually do our best to meet and exceed our guests' expectations.

I am thrilled that you and your family had a great time at the water park. I hope your son had a lot of fun in the slides and you were able to create long lasting memories.

I have noted your concerns regarding the rooms and I will make sure to share everything with the concerned departments.

I look forward to welcoming you back again next time you are visiting Orlando.