We stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in July. We stayed because of the waterpark, as a guest you can use the waterpark for the duration of your stay for free. The water park is great, even when is was very busy it wasn't too long a wait for the slides. The lifeguards were excellent and I felt like they were always paying attention to people around them.
As for the hotel, it was so disappointing. We wanted somewhere cheap and cheerful so wasn't expecting much for our money. The facilities in the room were basic as we expected, the cleanliness was non existent and really let down the hotel.
The room was clean enough when we arrived but the only thing the housekeepers did for the duration of our stay was make the beds. The shower/sink wasn't cleaned, the floors weren't hovered and we had to empty the bins ourselves on quite a few occasions.
We have a four year old who only likes to have baths, the bath became so grubby after a week of not being cleaned so I went to fetch the manager to show her. I explained that I was going to be leaving a bad review but felt like they should be shown why I would be leaving the bad review and give them the chance to put it right. The manager (cant remember her name) appeared genuine in telling us that she didn't think the cleanliness was good enough and as she has children herself she would feel the same about not wanting to put her child in the bath when it wasn't being cleaned. She said she would get the housekeepers to make sure it was all done the following day and come back herself to check that it was all ok. The housekeepers only made the beds again the next day, it took a further 2 days for them to clean the sink. We never had a follow up from the manager either. I resorted to cleaning the bath myself after that with the flannels and shower gel supplied to the room. The floors were not hovered for the rest of our stay.
The pool was very dirty some days, I had to ask the reception staff to get someone to use a net to clean it as when we were in there we could see big clumps of hair and other bits of rubbish floating around. In every hotel I've stayed in with a pool I have always seen someone cleaning the pool in a morning before the pool is open to the public, I'm not sure why the same wasn't done at this hotel. The spa pool was lovely for a few days. We went in on one occasion and I felt like there was far too much chemical in, we got straight back out and I could literally feel the chemical layered on us. I reported it to reception and someone came to check and then closed the spa for the rest of the day. As this was only an hour after it opened the chemical level couldn't have been checked before opening. Very disappointing hotel and wouldn't stay here again. Its true what they say...you get what you pay for and we will definitely not being booking cheap and cheerful again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family friendly hotel and water resort located near the major theme parks and shopping. Coco Key Hotel and Water Resort is Orlando's first canopy covered water park boasting fourteen flumes, featuring "The Boomerango," 60ft of thrill seeking adventure offering twists and turns until you splash into our heated outdoor pool. Coco Key offers a 6,000 sq.ft. arcade featuring over 50 of the newest and coolest video games and interactive gaming on the market today. Coco Key Hotel and Water Resort-Orlando offers 391 well appointed Guestrooms and Suites designed for your Orlando, Florida lodging needs. Amenities include free local calls, coffee/tea makers, self controlled air conditioning, 37" plasma televisions with ESPN, am/fm alarm clock radios. Additional amenities include complimentary transportation to Universal, SeaWorld, Aquatica and Wet n' Wild, complimentary area shuttle, kids club and daily activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Key Hotel And Water Park Orlando
- Orlando Grand Hotel
- Coco Key Hotel And Water Park Resort Orlando, Florida