“Great for Families”

Ranked #96 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Massachusetts
“Great for Families”
Reviewed 17 March 2008

This was a very pleasant experience. We defiitely would stay there again.

Travelling with a young child it was very nice to have room for moving around.

The facility was immaculate and very well equipped. It was more spacious than we expected and thus we were able to make the most of our stay at the resort.

The pool was good as well.

The 2 bedroom suite was larger than my first apartment!

Stayed February 2008
3 Thank Disney_Nana

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,317)
toronto
Reviewed 17 March 2008

The buildings are in a setting similar to a street with multiple condo buildings. This is not my expectation of a resort setting.

We stayed at a 2 bedroom unit in the newest building, the unit is really nice and large.
The unit, towels and beds are clean.
The bed is comfortable.
This is one of the best unit I have seen.
However, my stay was overshadowed by following.

Many things not working properly:
Coffee machine, two living room lights, telephone.

When I first reported that phone was not working to front desk.
The men told me they will send someone, but no one came.
A few hours later, I went to the front desk again, and this time, a lady took the info and wrote up a work order.

The maintenance person came a few hours later and confirm that phone is not working, he told me that phone lines were being moved and many units' phone are not working. I wonder why they did not tell me this earlier since it is a known problem with most of the units.

We went without phone service for our entire stay. Fixing the phone did not seem to be a priority to the resort, leaving guests without a vital service did not seem to bother them. But this is a major inconvenience for our family.
When we first attempted to call our children, we were not able to reach them. My wife was not able to call me to pick her up from the mall, etc.

The living lights were not working because the electrical outlets does not work at all.

The website advertised tennis courts, but there were no such facility. The website advertised 4 swimming pools, but there was only one pool, and it is a long walk from our building to the pool.
We were hoping to 'enjoy' the resort, but we had to change our plan in view of the lack of facilities.

Would I stay here again.
I will consider staying here again, if :
-I do not plan to use any resort facilities.
-Only if I have real good deal.

• Liked — Nice clean units
  • Disliked — Lack of facilities and terrible management and front desk
3 Thank lol88
Mason, Ohio
Reviewed 17 March 2008

All I can say is WOW! The convenience of the "Village" shopping mall, the proximety to Disney, Frankie Ferrell's prices and atmosphere and the cloeness to Golf Courses made my stay absolutely one of the best vacations I've had ever!!! The rooms were huge. Plenty for My wife, my daughter and myself. The pool was great for them and I can't wait 'til next year when the main pool and everything else is finished. We will definately be back! We're tryin to get some other friends and there families to join us!!!

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — The main pool wasn't finished
3 Thank LBlack14
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2008

The lake buena vista resort and spa is a cross between staying in a hotel and staying in a villa. Don't be fooled by the drab looking decor when you first arrive in the communal areas. I was initially very worried and hoIding my breath to see what I'd let myself in for, but the suite was fantastic, and you will not be disappointed. It has almost everything that you want and need in a very spacious apartment with all the domestic appliances and facilities you would get in a rented villa, plus some conveniences of a hotel like having someone you can call 24/7 and meals etc if you need it. I stayed here for over a week with my partner and 4 kids in a three bedroom suite and it was excellent. True you have to pay for extra cleaning but with the facilities and location, it is definitely better value than the hotels I've stayed in Orlando in the past, and the villa's i've rented. They have almost a 100 channels on the TV. There's a walmart and many shops and restaurants neraby. I'd advise that you keep your money and valuables well locked away or close to your person however. All in all, pretty excellent.

• Liked — The rooms are fantastic
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank DaSaint
Lexington, KY
Reviewed 10 March 2008

My wife, 4 y/o daughter and 2 y/o son stayed for four nights in March 2008 in a 2 b/r condo and were very impressed. The only *problems* that we had were with the heavy entry doors that shut themselves - we constantly heard slamming doors (but I don't think I have ever stayed anywhere that I didn't hear that!). Also, we never seemed to see an available luggage cart. We were told that there were 5 per building and that more were on order. This was just a minor inconvenience. We want to return when the second pool, which is a zero entry pool (like a beach) is finished. It will be great for our little ones.

• Liked — Very well decorated and very clean
  • Disliked — That the second pool was not finished yet !! :-)
2 Thank mwphill