“Most excellent Gyro!”
Review of New York Deli Subs

New York Deli Subs
Ranked #1,225 of 4,157 Restaurants in Orlando
Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

Stayed at the Residence Inn Marriott and noticed the sign for Gyros across the street. Im a sucker for a great Gyro and this one did NOT dissapoint! Shaved right off in front of me and as fresh and delicious as I have ever had. Got the KING Gyro with Feta...Met the owner and his family...very nice people. I will be back tomorrow before I depart! Awesome!

Reviewed 12 June 2016

Stop at the location on N. Orange right off I-4. Had been in the area on Vacy over in Clermont and drove over to visit the various Metaphysical store in this area. Myself and my sister in law decide to grab a bite. OMG it was the best I've had since I moved from the NY/NJ metropolitan area. Best ever!

Reviewed 7 May 2016

We stayed at the Residence Inn across the street and had no idea where to go for lunch. At check in I saw New York Deli across the street, I told my wife "let's go try that place." When we walked in we were greeted by (my guess) the owners, father/daughter, they appear to be Greek, I thought "this may be the real deal." Boy did I guess right!! I got the giant gyro with feta cheese, I swear this is the best gyro I've ever had - hands down. To top it off I had a Bud Light to go with it. My wife got a gyro platter with a salad and rice. She said the same about her gyro, the salad was good but she didn't care for the rice. She had a water to drink. Cost for both meals $22. If/when we travel to Orlando again I WILL stay at the Residence Inn and go back here for lunch, and maybe dinner. J

Reviewed 12 February 2016

Saturday afternoon and I am driving along East Colonial in Orlando and we are hungry for lunch. But not drive through burgers, taco, chicken or roast beef. On the SE corner is the New York Deli. It's a look from an era gone by. I park and we go inside to see four people on line waiting for their meals to be finished by the very efficient lady behind the counter. Look at the menu's and it's obvious that the specialty is GYRO's. Specifically it's their Classic Greek Gyro. I ordered two of them. We go back into the seating area and enjoy a quiet time to eat and talk. It's a good time.

Fresh cooked meats are wrapped in pita, loaded with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and a really delicious homemade tzatziki sauce. This is a GREEK GYRO. It overflows with food and taste.

Obviously there is more to enjoy: Hot subs, cold subs, salads, variations on the gyro's, salads. Try the homemade veggie grapes leaves, spanakopita and any of the delicious ethnic desserts.

This is a place you have to come to more than once. Maybe even 7 times.

Reviewed 14 January 2016

Stayed at residence inn across the street and stopped in for a quick lunch..it was so good we went back for dinner..kids ate hot dogs and we had gyros..incredibly good