Bluegreen Fountains Resort
Ranked #133 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 14 August 2010

We have just returned from a two week holiday in Orlando Florida, and I feel compelled to write this review to rave about it! The husband, two children (7 & 12) and myself enjoyed a brilliant two week stay in The Bluegreen Fountains resort in Orlando. Located at the quiet end of International Drive, The Fountains has so much going for it. The I-Ride Trolley stops right outside (no 39), and for just $10 for 7 days you have the perfect transport system to ferry you to some of the major attractions, including SeaWorld, Aquatica, Wet N Wild, Universal (10 min walk from the I-Ride stop), not to mention loads of places to play, see and eat out along International Drive. The best thing about the I-Ride is that because The Fountain's stop is one of the first heading North up International Drive, you always get a seat! A complete journey along Int. Dr takes about one hour, depending on traffic.
The Lynx Bus (8 & 42) also stops right out the front of the Resort, providing transport to the likes of Downtown Orlando and The Orlando International Airport.
A taxi to Downtown Disney cost $16 including tip, and if you get the chance see Cirque Di Soleil do go as it was fantastic!!
The Fountains itself is a beautiful resort, with beautifully kept lawns and lakes, and two wonderful pool areas each with their own outstanding features. The Wakoola Springs is the newest of the two and has loads of activities organised throughout the day to keep all ages amused. The pool itself is gorgeous and has 2 small waterslides for the kids. The Wakoola Grill serves food and drinks all day ( the burgers are lovely) and for $3 you can create your own ice cream sundae at certain times of the day! My two loved that!
The other pool is located at the Clubhouse, and although it is not as big as the Wakoola Springs, half of it is indoors (much appreciated during the 94 degree heat!) and as it is situated next the Lake Eve, it is a lovely place to drink your cocktails, especially at sunset. Both pools were open till late, Wakoola until 10pm and the Clubhouse one until 11pm.
The Clubhouse also has internet facilities (free), art and crafts room for the kids, an arcade, H20 Bar (food served aswell) and a very small gym.
Our 2 bed apartment was immaculate! Everything you could want and more. We stayed in building 8 and LOVED everything about it. There was a TV with cable in each room, a DVD player, stereo, washer/dryer, dishwasher, everything you need for cooking (not that I did much). Other reviewers for this property have commented that you had to pay for room cleaning, however, as we were staying for 2 weeks our room was cleaned for us each week free of charge and linen was replaced anytime we needed it.
The service was brilliant too! A hotplate on our stovetop didn't work, so on passing the reception I dropped in and mentioned it, and before we had even reached our apartment a repairmen had been called and was fixing the problem as we arrived! Now that's service!!
The Fountains is a timeshare resort, and if you want to take advantage of their discounted tickets, you can sit through a sales pitch, but there was absolutely no pressure to do so. In fact, I think we may have dodged that one completely as we weren't even asked let alone hassled to attend a sales breakfast.
All in all, after buying tickets for theme parks, dinner shows, day outings and various attractions, Orlando can be a REALLY expensive place to visit. So it was nice to be able to enjoy some down time in a beautiful location in the comfort of your own apartment while eating homecooked food. I know my family appreciated it! Go to The Fountains, you won't regret it.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank tivvo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,706)

Reviewed 10 August 2010

When I went to check in on August 4th, 2010 I was meet at the desk by ( Hector ) an employee. I was checking in for the land owner and had approval from the front office manager. But he wanted to explain policy to me instead of looking on the reservation to see that I could check in. Then after I signed the papers to check in I had to wait for him to physically match up the two registration paper correctly so her could staple them then proceed to make sure they had no wrinkles. This whole time he never looked up or said two words to me. They could spend more time teaching customer service to the guest service personal ( I use that term lightly ) and less on proper paper aligment. Then I was stopped by the security officer at the gate because he wanted to know where I was going because I did not have a parking pass. Ole Hector forgot to mention that I needed to check at another desk to get that before I drove off. If he only would engage the guest he was waiting on. Oh and he disputed the fact that he forgot to tell me he said he told me that. How could he you have to speak to mention it! I would never be interested in buying a timeshare that treats there guest this way. With Hilton, Marriott and now Holiday Inn's are in the timeshare business and they are the leaders in customer satisfaction this is where I will look. The time share owner asked the desk about selling his and they actually gave him a list of numbers and places to try. WHAT! are you kidding me they would rather see him go and could care less. This is what they train? I would have expected someone to have called our unit during our stay to see why he would want to sell. Not good service at all.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank teeitup69
Reviewed 4 August 2010

The Fountains is a beautiful resort but traveler beware...we had several items stolen from our room during our stay. We locked up all of our valuables in the room safe everyday - wallets, jewelry - but we were taken off guard from what the thieves were looking for. We had taken several DVD's for the family to watch while on vacation and the thief took several of these. I also had costume jewelry taken from the bedroom. Thank goodness I locked up our expensive jewelry items! Our room was at the end of a building so maybe that made it more convenient to sneak into and take items. So, when visiting the Fountains make sure you lock up any and everything in the safe, If they would take costume jewelry and DVD's they would certainly take more valuable items!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Patriot25
Reviewed 3 August 2010

15 of my family stayed here in July 2010 in 4 separate units. We had previously stayed several times at the Sheraton Vistana Villages across the road but felt it had become a bit tired and in need of a refurbishment. The units here are more than adequate, spacious and fully equipped. The pool area is great with 2 water slides and a zero entry area if you have little ones. However, they do not allow you to bring your own food and drink to the poolside. Now if this was a hotel I would understand, but it is a SELF CATERING resort and in the last 8 years I have never had a problem with this issue in any other resort I`ve stayed in.
One evening, my son cut his ankle bone off a 4 inch piece of jagged metal protruding from the base of his bed. We patched him up as best we could and I wrapped a towel
around the offending item to prevent further injury.
I phoned the front desk the next morning and reported the incident to the duty manager.
He promptly sent up 2 men to our unit.
The 1st man to arrive took pictures of the area and I filled out an "Incident Report Form"
The 2nd man was from maintenance and he fixed the metal bar by attaching a cover to it which had been left off. He explained that the bars were used to hold the baseboard of the bed in place.
Neither of these men, despite seeing that the bedsheets were bloodstained, offered to send up housekeeping to change them.
At this time I asked the 1st man for a copy of the "Incident Report Form" and he said he would have it for me in a day or two.
On the night before we checked out I rang the duty manager and requested a copy again to be ready at the front desk the next morning.
My main issues with the management of this resort are as follows:
(1) Following my son`s accident, nobody from management rang the unit at any time to
see how he was.
(2) On the morning we checked out, the requested form was "lost" and despite my
protestations I never once came eye to eye with a manager. They seemed very
happy to send their staff out to try and deal with the situation.
(3) I was told that the manager would forward a copy of the report to me by post and
as of today`s date ( 3rd Aug ) I still have not received it.
So to sum up my impressiion of this resort:-
A NICE RESORT LET DOWN BY ITS MANAGEMENT

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank VPartridge
Reviewed 30 July 2010

We stayed here for two nights and the best thing about this resort was the water park. My son had a blast at the pool/water park and we played as a family for hours. The room on the other hand was not what I expected. The 2 bedbroom suite was not very clean and entirely too dusty for my taste. There was a large plastic tree in the living room which we placed on the balcony because of the amount of dust on the tree. I paid $150 a night to stay here and I expected a bit more from this resort.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family