We have just returned from a two week holiday in Orlando Florida, and I feel compelled to write this review to rave about it! The husband, two children (7 & 12) and myself enjoyed a brilliant two week stay in The Bluegreen Fountains resort in Orlando. Located at the quiet end of International Drive, The Fountains has so much going for it. The I-Ride Trolley stops right outside (no 39), and for just $10 for 7 days you have the perfect transport system to ferry you to some of the major attractions, including SeaWorld, Aquatica, Wet N Wild, Universal (10 min walk from the I-Ride stop), not to mention loads of places to play, see and eat out along International Drive. The best thing about the I-Ride is that because The Fountain's stop is one of the first heading North up International Drive, you always get a seat! A complete journey along Int. Dr takes about one hour, depending on traffic.
The Lynx Bus (8 & 42) also stops right out the front of the Resort, providing transport to the likes of Downtown Orlando and The Orlando International Airport.
A taxi to Downtown Disney cost $16 including tip, and if you get the chance see Cirque Di Soleil do go as it was fantastic!!
The Fountains itself is a beautiful resort, with beautifully kept lawns and lakes, and two wonderful pool areas each with their own outstanding features. The Wakoola Springs is the newest of the two and has loads of activities organised throughout the day to keep all ages amused. The pool itself is gorgeous and has 2 small waterslides for the kids. The Wakoola Grill serves food and drinks all day ( the burgers are lovely) and for $3 you can create your own ice cream sundae at certain times of the day! My two loved that!
The other pool is located at the Clubhouse, and although it is not as big as the Wakoola Springs, half of it is indoors (much appreciated during the 94 degree heat!) and as it is situated next the Lake Eve, it is a lovely place to drink your cocktails, especially at sunset. Both pools were open till late, Wakoola until 10pm and the Clubhouse one until 11pm.
The Clubhouse also has internet facilities (free), art and crafts room for the kids, an arcade, H20 Bar (food served aswell) and a very small gym.
Our 2 bed apartment was immaculate! Everything you could want and more. We stayed in building 8 and LOVED everything about it. There was a TV with cable in each room, a DVD player, stereo, washer/dryer, dishwasher, everything you need for cooking (not that I did much). Other reviewers for this property have commented that you had to pay for room cleaning, however, as we were staying for 2 weeks our room was cleaned for us each week free of charge and linen was replaced anytime we needed it.
The service was brilliant too! A hotplate on our stovetop didn't work, so on passing the reception I dropped in and mentioned it, and before we had even reached our apartment a repairmen had been called and was fixing the problem as we arrived! Now that's service!!
The Fountains is a timeshare resort, and if you want to take advantage of their discounted tickets, you can sit through a sales pitch, but there was absolutely no pressure to do so. In fact, I think we may have dodged that one completely as we weren't even asked let alone hassled to attend a sales breakfast.
All in all, after buying tickets for theme parks, dinner shows, day outings and various attractions, Orlando can be a REALLY expensive place to visit. So it was nice to be able to enjoy some down time in a beautiful location in the comfort of your own apartment while eating homecooked food. I know my family appreciated it! Go to The Fountains, you won't regret it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within 54 acres surrounding the serene natural setting of Lake Eve, and located along popular International Drive, The Fountains offers everything you would expect from a world-class resort as well as the convenience of a central location. The Fountains has its own claim to fame- Bluegreen's Wakoola Springs. This 75,000-square-foot tropical oasis sets itself apart from an everyday pool with two water slides*, a zero-entry pool, interactive water fountains, two hot tubs. Cross over the two bridges on the campus and head over to one of two fire circles for evening stargazing and relaxation. With so many on-site amenities for both adults and kids, not to mention the hundreds of attractions in and around Orlando, you'll want to plan an extended stay to fit it all in. Our two-bedroom villas are richly appointed with all the comforts of home—and then some. Most feature a screened balcony overlooking the lake, a fully equipped kitchen and a garden tub. The decor is elegant and tasteful with many focused on water, lake or pool views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Hotels.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bluegreen Fountains Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orlando Fountains Resort
- Fountains Hotel Orlando
- The Fountains Orlando
- Fountains Florida
- Fountains International Drive
- Fountains Orlando Florida
- Bluegreen Fountains Resort Orlando, Florida