We checked in Dec 24 and out on Dec 31. We had a two bedroom condo in building 2. The unit was spacious and had a balcony overlooking the Wakoola Springs pool complex.
Everything was pristine - staff was amazingly friendly - from the guards who always gave you a wave as you entered or left the resort to the maintenance staff that always asked if we were having a good time and if we had any problems they could address - one saw us coming down the hall and pushed the button for the elevator so it was waiting for us by the time we got there ! We never passed an employee who didn't ask us how our stay was going.
There was even a channel on the TV that made the point that their goal was to be rated all 10's on their survey and to contact them about ANYTHING we had concerns about. Their online survey even offered to forward us to TripAdvisor to make a review after we completed the Fountains' survey. Now that's confidence!
Pool facitlies were beautiful! Didn't try any of the restaurants but they looked nice. Resort even has an onsite Domino's - so you didn't have to have a pizza delivered from outside the resort.
Unit was great - two bedrooms - one with king - other with 2 queens. Two bathrooms. Full Kitchen with granite countertops. Furniture was in good condition. Tube TV's were beginning to show there age but I understand they are in the process of being replaced by flat screens (2nd bedroom already had one).
We'd definitely go back.
Although we think we'll skip the week after Christmas next time - the theme parks were so packed that they became basically unusable. Couldn't take more than a few steps without running into someone. Everytime I tried to take a photo someone would step in front before I finished.
Waiting lines were all well over an hour - some many hours. The fast pass Disney system was giving out tickets for around 8 pm at noon! They actually had to close several of the parks because they had reached capacity (Magic Kingdom was closed 3 different times on Christmas Day). The Disney Hollywood Studios were even parking folks on one lane of the approach road the day we visited.
Traffic was horrible all through the resort area. Since we are now retired, we'll visit before Christmas and leave this week to families with school age children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within 54 acres surrounding the serene natural setting of Lake Eve, and located along popular International Drive, The Fountains offers everything you would expect from a world-class resort as well as the convenience of a central location. The Fountains has its own claim to fame- Bluegreen's Wakoola Springs. This 75,000-square-foot tropical oasis sets itself apart from an everyday pool with two water slides*, a zero-entry pool, interactive water fountains, two hot tubs. Cross over the two bridges on the campus and head over to one of two fire circles for evening stargazing and relaxation. With so many on-site amenities for both adults and kids, not to mention the hundreds of attractions in and around Orlando, you'll want to plan an extended stay to fit it all in. Our two-bedroom villas are richly appointed with all the comforts of home—and then some. Most feature a screened balcony overlooking the lake, a fully equipped kitchen and a garden tub. The decor is elegant and tasteful with many focused on water, lake or pool views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bluegreen Fountains Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orlando Fountains Resort
- Fountains Hotel Orlando
- The Fountains Orlando
- Fountains Florida
- Fountains International Drive
- Fountains Orlando Florida
- Bluegreen Fountains Resort Orlando, Florida