“A special treat”
Review of Everglades

Everglades
Reserve with OpenTable
Everglades is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #458 of 4,275 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$25 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Discover the great tastes of well-prepared prime steaks and fresh seafood at this Orlando Gourmet Restaurant. Or explore the flavors of gator chowder, tender venison, marinated buffalo and other unique regional specialties. The themed setting captures the mysterious atmosphere of the Florida Everglades. A one-of-a-kind dining experience enhanced by gracious service, fine wines and a relaxing atmosphere.
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

While attending a conference, we had a little down time to grab something to eat. We started with a bread basket with homemade crackers. I ordered the filet. It was cooked the way I ordered it, medium well. The steak was delicious and served with fingering potatoes and vegatbles. My friend order the vegetarian dish and said it was great but a large serving. The dessert selection was awesome. I had the chocolate mousse cake. It was a great treat and great service for a hotel resturant.

1  Thank Tanya B
RosenHotels, Social Media Concierge at Everglades, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Tanya B,

Thank you so much for sharing your dining experience with us. We are so glad you enjoyed your meal as well as the service provided by our staff. We would love to have you with us again.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

The food was exceptional. The food was amazing and the staff was very attentive and provided whatever we needed as quickly as possible.

RosenHotels, Social Media Concierge at Everglades, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

WorldTraveler95,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are so p leased you enjoyed your meal as well as the service provided by your staff.
We would love to have you with us again soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2018

This a really nice place, the wait staff are superb, however it has a bit of a leap to call itself a Fine Dining restaurant.
We grabbed a cocktail at the bar before our OpenTable reservations came due. Wonderful, friendly seating. Bartender was friendly and courteous.
We were seated in the dining room and although very clean and nicely set tables, the decor is a bit dated and I'm not much for having a raccoon stare at me while I eat. But if you don't mind, you'll like it.
Our waiter was professional and friendly, hence the first of the title of review.
I ordered the Escargot. It was a rendition with a phyllo dough top. It would have been fine if it was not burnt. The escargot was plentiful, easily enough to share. The ramekin that held the escargot was filled with something resembling a thickened french onion soup without the onion. It was ok (without the burnt top), but not great.
Where it went down hill was both of their top Bone-In ribeyes came out close to well done on a medium rare order. Those ribeyes seemed to be a decent quality, but even the waiter said something as to their preparation and were returned. And where it ended for me was not being professional enough in the back to recognize an issue and give it some attention. The next set of ribeyes weren't even rare, the quality of these steaks were so bad with gristle and tissue; I got down about half of mine. The accompaniments were flavorful and well proportioned. They brought creme fraiche to the table, it had such a pungent mildew smell we had to move it to the far end of the table.
The wine list had nice selections from both ends of a budget.
The difference in a true Fine Dining restaurant and just a good meal are; you shouldn't see any mistakes, and if you do, they should make sure you don't see them again. Everglades fell short that evening I'm sorry to say.

Jetjouster,

Thank you so much for sharing your dining experience with us. We are glad you had an overall satisfactory experience and our staff provided you with such great service. We do apologize for the mishaps with the escargot and rib eye. We will be sure to share your comments with management.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We had a fabulous dinner. Beverly the manager and our waiter Manuel made our celebration so special. Our steaks were cooked to perfection and our desserts were so light and airy. The chef did an amazing jobs. Thank you so much for great service and food.

RosenHotels, Social Media Concierge at Everglades, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Richard B. C,

Thank you for your review! I am glad you enjoyed your meal from beginning to end. I am thrilled that our staff, especially Manuel, was accommodating and friendly. I hope you visit us again soon!

Lulu M. Pugh
Orlando, FL 32821
guestinquiries@rosenhotels.com

Reviewed 31 May 2018

Really enjoyed the ambiance, food, and service. Enjoyed eating here twice during my stay. The first visit was at the bar and the second in the dining room. Really enjoyed the delicious fresh Cobia over baby bok choy and fabulous desserts. I highly recommend this eatery and would definitely come back!

RosenHotels, Social Media at Everglades, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Thank you for the kind words, Gwopilot! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dining experiences with us. It was a pleasure to host you and we eagerly await your return!

Regards,