“Thai Hospitality is Alive!”

Ayothaya Thai Cuisine
Ranked #1,092 of 3,829 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$7 - US$35
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Doctor Phillips
Orlando, Florida
“Thai Hospitality is Alive!”
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Thai cuisine in the heart of Restaurant Row. Almost every door opens into a different restaurant along this stretch of very upscale strip plaza or what is more affably known to locals and repeat guest alike as Restaurant Row. One such door opens to a whole different world. Welcome to Ayothaya. This restaurant has done a remarkably good job in recreating the Thai spirit and setting. There are very stylish Thai artifacts and wall art coupled with a very soothing atmosphere.

The menu here is like most other local Thai restaurants with a few additions. Ayothaya specialties are common ingredients prepared their way and Ayothaya Creations are where the chefs demonstrates their abilities. There are several Market Price items which I am sure depends on portion size or what is available.

On this occasion I was prive to try the Beef Noodle Soup which was clear and flavorful; The Pepper Steak, which exhibited signature pepper; Garlic Pork which was more black pepper than garlic; Spicy Frog Legs which was a treat of tender frog meat dressed in batter. All of these dishes were well balanced in flavor and texture. The presentation was nice and portions generous.

This restaurant has managed to capture the Thai hospitality on a the very bustling Restaurant Row.

• Visited January 2012

• Thai first
“Great Food and Service”
Reviewed 5 November 2011

I recently had dinner at this restaurant with a few friends and have to say it was delicious!! I had the Pepper Beef and Tom Yum with Shrimp both I would highly recommend! Their service was awesome as well even when I had a party of 6 people who were fairly demanding with their stringent dietary request. I would highly recommend this Thai Restaurant for any Thai food lovers out there.

Visited November 2011
Pennsylvania
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Last night I decided I wanted to try Thai and was disappointed. While the decor is lovely and intimate, the food was lacking. The two servers seemed very rushed and I am not sure one of them spoke English and confused 2 of the items ordered by the neighboring table. The presentation of the food was very pleasing; however, the meal itself wasn't as good as it could have been. Thought it was a little on the pricey side.

• Visited October 2011
Hoorn, The Netherlands
“No knowledge of the Thai ciusine”
Reviewed 21 August 2011

The concierge at the Westin recommended this restaurant, but we were very disappointed with the food served. The beef curry had the potential to be good, were it not that is was spoiled with western vegetables that are NOT even used in the Thai cuisone. The horapa and egg plants were missing in the recipe. My son liked his fried rice, but that could only be ordered as a main course, not as a side dish. And when I asked for tamarind lemonade, I was told that tamarind is only used for cooking in Thailand. Recommend that these people do some more research... And we wanted veggies with our main course, we got a bowl of tasteless steamed veggies, 10 minutes after we were served the main course. Bad Thai.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank 1961sandra2003
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent Thai food”
Reviewed 25 June 2011

We were actually looking for a steakhouse the night we stumbled onto Ayothaya and we decided to go there instead. What a lucky find it was!
I have a special diet (gluten free) and the staff were only too helpful to assist me in choosing something that would be suitable, and even checked with the chef for a few of the dishes.
I had the chicken coleslaw which was so refreshing and morish that I ate it all! It was a big enough serve to share but I couldn't help myself! My fiance had a curry and rice and thoroughly enjoyed that too.

This restaurant is unpretentious and authentic food, what a hidden gem!

• Visited April 2011