“They expect you to pay a 15% service charge AND a tip!”
Review of Shamiana Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Shamiana Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Indian, Seafood, Pakistani
Orlando, Florida
“They expect you to pay a 15% service charge AND a tip!”
Reviewed 11 September 2011

If it wasn't for the hidden fees, I would have given this place a good review. The food is actually quite good. My husband and I went here a few years ago and we liked it. However, I assume there are new owners now. The place has been redecorated and there is a mandatory 15% service charge that comes tacked onto the bill, no matter what size your party is. I'm fine with the service charge. But when my husband paid the bill, the waiter actually stopped us and told him that he forgot the tip! When my husband told him he'd already paid the service charge, the waiter told him he was "required" to leave a tip. Yeah, no.

There are numerous Indian restaurants on IDrive and most of them are very good. None of them have a mandatory service charge.There is NO NEED to ever go to this place.

• Visited September 2011

west palm beach
“poor service, disgusting we left.”
Reviewed 5 September 2009

when we entered it was just my husband, myself, and our two young daughters. and one other guy in there. it took the waiter 5 minutes to take our drink order. when he finally came back after another 5 minutes i took one sip of my Pepsi and it tasted like dirty dishwater. my husband even had to ask for straws. they do not give you any thing to start off with. they even include 15% tip in the bill. after the service we received in an empty resturaunt and the filthy sip of soda we got out of there as fast as we could. i would RUN from this place.

1 Thank whenicuucmetoo