“Not worth a second thought.”

Ponderosa Steakhouse
Ranked #386 of 3,763 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Florida Center
Description: Family oriented Steakhouse. Famous for All You Care To Eat Breakfast Buffet served from 7:00 AM to 11:30 AM. Lunch and dinner entrées all include the buffet and dessert bar. Ponderosa is known for its excellent food, exceptional service but best of all are the competitive prices which make the meal at Ponderosa a true value meal. There are four convenient locations to choose from: Kissimmee, Lake Buena Vista and International Drive. Ponderosa restaurant locations are close to major attractions and within walking distance from several hotels.
CDA, ID
“Not worth a second thought.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Sure it's a $3.99 breakfast buffet, but coffee will run you $2.50 and the food is terrible. Partially cooked bacon, doughy pancakes, gravy from a can, and meat chunks that defy description. Stay away.

Visited February 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Martinsburg, West Virginia
“good food great choices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

when everyone wants something different you can not beat the Ponderosa it mets everyones taste buds with a great $ VALUE

Visited December 2011
London, United Kingdom
“Good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Always liked eating here, the buffet has everything and you can eat as much as you want and at a fixed price you cant go wrong. You can have a 4 course breakfast for about 5 dollars!

Utica, NY
“Not worth the trip”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

A friend and I went on a Thursday afternoon and got in just before lunch ended (4:00) This was the first visit to this restaurant since it reopened last fall..
As we were waiting in the lobby, I noticed the restaurant was cold and the greeter or cashier at the checkout was wearing a jacket. I kept my jacket on after I was seated.
Both my friend and I ordered a modest dinner, rather than the buffet. The waitresses were pleasant and prompt. When the waitress brought our dinners, she asked us to see if everything was satisfactory. I was pleased to have that opportunity. Good thing, too, because my steak was quite cool and tough. I had just one bite and asked the waitress to take it back.
My friend wasn't too happy with her meal, but decided to eat it anyway. I think it took about 20 minutes to a half hour to get a different steak. This time, the steak was hot and more tender. Interestingly, this time the steak was topped with a broth to make it appear more juicy. Everything on the plate was hot, including the baked potato, which is what I expected.
But the food is nothing special, just pedestrian, ordinary, and not worth the price.
By this time, the restaurant was beginning to fill up with other patrons, mainly senior citizens, and almost everybody kept their coats on.
Both my friend and I agreed this was our last trip to this Ponderosa. I would rather take my chances on a local restaurant, one that is not a chain.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank UpstateNYUtica_NY
Hampshire
“Loads of choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

Go only if hungry. Firstly you choice your dinner, ie grilled chicken with fries/jacket potato and your drink. You then pay, go to your table and are told to take from the buffet. Well, lots to choose - mash potato, mac cheese, spinach, spagetti, meatballs (2 varieties), chicken nuggets, chicken wings, tachos, mince, salad and MORE.

If you have room after that - dessert buffet - ice cream, cake, cookies, jelly etc.

We need these in UK.