“Tres ennuyeuse - an overpriced nothing”
Review of Chefs de France

Chefs de France
Ranked #330 of 4,285 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A bore. The best part of this experience was the view out the window and for the price, I should have been front row to see dancers at the Moulin Rouge. Our server was a self-absorbed 20-something effete Gallic snob who was there for the tip (that I gradually shrank every time I sensed a snub). The Beouf Bourgeonian was absolutely boring, and the Steak Frites (two orders) was a tough cut of tendon-laden meat that came to the table cold and unseasoned, with a pile of limp string potatoes that may have been fried the day before. There were portions that even the serrated knife couldn't get through and were left on the plate. The chef recommended Pinot Noir was an acidic liquid sandpaper that, almost gratefully, lingered far longer than The waiter stopped by once to refill our water glasses and otherwise ignore the looks of displeasure on our faces. The highlight was the dessert (included with the meal plan), a nicely crusted creme brulee, but for more than $300 plus an abbreviated tip, this should have been magnifique, not mundane.

Visiting France? Take a plane, not a shuttle bus. Avoid it.

1  Thank NYSkeptic
Write a ReviewReviews (2,793)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is one of my favorite places to eat at Epcot. I'm a big fan of their croque monsieur for lunch. During dinnertime, Ratatouille makes his way around to say hello to guests, which is super sweet for the kids.

1  Thank Diane5689
Reviewed 5 October 2018

Each time our family visits EPCOT we try to focus our dining experience for the day on one of the countries in the World Showcase. This particular visit we experienced France. We visited the bakery in the morning to enjoy the pastries and had dinner later that day at Chef de France. While this was not one of our favorite EPCOT restaurants, overall it was a good choice and we’re glad we took the time to experience it. The pastries we had in the morning were excellent and the food we had at dinner was OK. Our party of four tried the braised beef, chicken, duck and salmon and while nothing jumped out as exceptional overall it was still a nice meal. We were looking forward to the deserts after dinner and again while our selections weren’t great they were not bad either. On the other we all felt the service we experienced during dinner was exceptional. The Cast Members were all very polite and made Disney’s version of a French dining experience very enjoyable. I would recommend dining at the France pavilion to anyone visiting EPCOT.

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Best lobster bisque I've had in quite a while. The serving staff was attentive and polite, unlike going to France. We'll go back again for the meals as well as desserts.

Reviewed 29 September 2018

Our waiter was very friendly and accommodating of our toddler’s limited palate. However the restaurant was very crowded. The tables were so close together you were bumping into other guests and the level of noise made conversation almost impossible. I was excited about having a delicious French meal, and my soup was very good, but my beef was still very tough and very fatty. I only ate a few bites of my whole entree. We spent over $100 without drinks and I left feeling disappointed.