“Last visit before it closes on December 31”
Review of Emeril's Tchoup Chop - CLOSED

Emeril's Tchoup Chop
Price range: US$18 - US$30
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Florida Centre
Cross street: Universal Boulevard
Description: Emeril's Tchoup Chop (pronounced chop-chop) is the hottest table in Orlando, and Lagasse's second location at Universal Studios. The name offers a hint of New Orleans' famous Tchoupitoulas Street, home to Emeril's flagship restaurant, and the bold culinary term "chop". Located at Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando, Emeril's Tchoup Chop offers a dining experience unlike any other created by the famous master chef. In both atmosphere and menu, Emeril's Tchoup Chop offers diners a unique and exotic journey through the Pacific Seas with a delicious experience of Asian and Polynesian influences complemented by his signature bold flavors - a perfect complement for the Royal Pacific Resort. Although walk-ins can be accommodated, reservations are highly recommended. Our dress policy is casual with no tank tops for men. Bernard Carmouche, Culinary Director, and Lee Kaleel, General Manager, are dedicated to providing you with that memorable dining experience.
Reviewed 10 December 2017

After I heard that Tchoup Chop would be closing on December 31, I knew I had to return to the restaurant I had one of my best meals at several years ago one more time before they close.

We decided to go for lunch. We started our meal with the chicken egg rolls. The are some of the best egg rolls I have ever had--as good as they were the first time I visited. They are served with a tasty orange dipping sauce.

For my entree, I ordered the pulled pork sandwich with a pineapple barbecue sauce. The sandwich was served with a combination of mostly regular fries with a few sweet potato fries mixed in. The pulled pork sandwich was huge, and I wound up eating just the filling with fork. It was delicious.

My friend ordered the Ugly Tomato, which was a tomato and mozzarella in a pesto sauce. There were different colored tomatoes. She really enjoyed it.

For dessert, we ordered the banana cream pie, remembering the thick, rich, decadent slice of pie we had years ago as one of the most amazing desserts we have ever had. The pie has changed over the years--now it is more of a large banana cream pie tart. It was still very tasty, but not as good as the original recipe.

If you have the chance to go before it closes, you should definitely go. You are guaranteed a great meal.

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

Although this restaurant was a little pricey, the food was great and the service was too. I would pay this price over and over because of the service. Our server, Kalyn, was friendly and informative. Most of all she was attentive. I have to give a 5 star review to food and server ! Thank you for a great time!

Reviewed 24 November 2017

After a week in Orlando and all the parks, this one stood out! We ordered a tapas spread of apps, drinks, and 2 kids meals.
The great: best bartenders we experienced at the theme park areas- the mai-tais were excellent, didn't taste like sugary mixes, but an honest, excellent mai-tai! Most of the apps were perfect! (one we did not like at all- hard as a rock "grilled" cauliflower- but the excellent servers took it off our bill and apologized , which we did not expect!) . My son loved his child sized steak and mash, My daughter didn't enjoy the kids spaghetti and meatballs (but, ymmv, she's picky!). All in all, a beautiful restaurant, excellent service- amazing drinks! There is also a lovely bar area if you just need a good drink or a quick app.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

You can never go wrong when you head into a restaurant with Emeril's name associated with it. This was a much different style Emeril's restaurant than I have been to in the past, but I was certainly not disappointed. I thought the service was fantastic and the ambiance inside was great. They have an excellent wine selection and the food was delicious! Convenient if you are staying at the Royal Pacific Resort, but I would certainly recommend stopping in even if you are not staying at the resort.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Had lunch and dinner here on two separate dates and the food was delicious both times. If you have any concerns with your food and let them know, they will very quickly make it right! They are very concerned about making sure your dining experience is great! Delicious food, excellent service, I would definitely return! Highly recommend this place!!