“good food”

Big Italy - Pizza & Pasta
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Pasta Factory Restaurant is the first Italian restaurant in the IDrive District in Orlando to offer more than 100 different combination of pizza and more than 50 pasta dishes, all with an authentic and fresh Southern Italian flair. The pizzas are thin-crust, prepared in a wood-fired oven, as the Roman tradition demands. The menu also includes truly Italian appetizers, salads and delicious desserts. Choose your wine from our selected list of wines! The Pasta Factory Restaurant is a contemporary/informal dinning restaurant featuring a full bar with sports monitors, a private room with 25 seats. Open daily from 11.30 am until 11.00 pm
Reviewed 13 January 2015

We walked to this restaurant from our hotel, although it is not called Big Italy anymore. It is Ramon's Trattoria, an seems to be an Italian restaurant with a Brazilian influence. The restaurant was not very crowded. We were there on a Sunday evening after Christmas. Our food was very good. We were served bread, but I ordered a salad since it did not come with my entree. The only issue I had was the tip was already added to our bill. We had a party of three - not a large party. The prices for the food were a little high to me, but I am not from the area. So for three people our bill was around $70, and they added a tip of $12 (20%), making our total bill $84. Needless to say, we did not eat there again on our trip.

Reviewed 3 January 2015

I used an app on my phone to search for Italian restaurants in my area. It found and directed me to a place called "Big Italy", but when I drove over in my car, I found that the address was now occupied by a restaurant called "Ramos Trattoria". It looks mostly like an Italian restaurant, but it is actually a Brazilian version of what an Italian restaurant might be in that country. I ordered the Spaghetti Bolognese dinner, and I was disappointed when the waiter brought over a single plate containing cooked spaghetti noodles with a bit of meat sauce drizzled on top. The dinner portion did not include a salad or bread. About half-way through the meal, I asked the waiter if they had any garlic bread, and he looked at me like he did not understand what garlic bread exactly was. He came back a few moments later and offered a plate of what he called "just bread", but I wasn't interested in learning what a Brazilian chef might think an appropriate bread item would be for supposed Italian food, so I waved him off. The single plate of spaghetti was $16. With tax (6.5%) and tip (20%), the total cost was just over $20. Maybe it would have been an equitable deal if the dinner had included a small salad and some bread, but just a plate of cooked pasta with a ladle of sauce shouldn't have been more than $10 to $12, even along the tourist corridor. The interpretation of what constitutes Italian food in Brazil left me mostly disappointed. I am going to continue to search for an Italian restaurant in my area that perhaps might be presented and staffed by someone familiar with Italian food selections.

1  Thank cosmic_egg
Reviewed 2 November 2014

I liked pasta here, but I specially like their pizzas. The staff is really helpful, even though sometimes the food may take a while.

Reviewed 17 October 2014

With the many rest. on International Dr., it is great to find a great Italian pizza that is baked in a stone oven, great sauce, great crust and topping that are real with great taste. Big Italy also has steaks, pasta, great wines. Price was A-OK. Had a side salad which was $6 but it was a meal itself. In a small strip mall and only a 1/2 mile from the International outlets.

Reviewed 17 October 2014

I stopped in here with 3 friends hoping to get a late lunch. The place was empty (typical post-lunch/pre-dinner time) so I figured we'd get in and out pretty quickly. Somehow, four chicken caesar salads (literally drowning in dressing) took over 45 minutes. And our server spent most of her time sitting at the bar staring at the TV while we waited with empty drinks. From the other reviews on here, I guess this isn't typical but I would not come back here when there are 1,000 other choices in Orlando.

1  Thank Heather D