“Convention Center Hotel”
Review of Rosen Plaza Hotel

Rosen Plaza Hotel
Ranked #59 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Solid choice for attending events at the convention center as its a very brief walk away. There are also plenty of restaurants and bars nearby, so taxi from the airport and you will not need a car.

The rooms are only so so - think Hampton Inn or something similar - but they are clean and good enough if you don't intend to spend too much time in the room.

I hate the fact that Internet costs $10/day on top of an already overpriced room rate, but at least the connection speed is fast and they have wifi in all common areas (including poolside).

Aside from proximity to the convention center, my favorite feature is the 24hr convenience store in the lobby that can be charged directly to your room. The pool deck is really nice for soaking up some sun before or after your event. There is also an OK gym and a business center in the lobby.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone attending an event at the convention center.

• Stayed: March 2012
RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your thoughts. We try to maintain rates and fees for services that are comparable to the hotels of our quality in the area. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel one day.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,431)

Reviewed 28 February 2012

Hotel is not in the downtown Orlando, which was a disappointment. Yet, public transportations close to the hotel were good, so no harm done:) Hotel is a typical business hotel, nice, clean, good pool area. Staff is friendly and willng to help.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Thank you for your honest review of our hotel. We are glad you had a good experience and we hope to see you again some day soon!

Reviewed 27 February 2012

We had a good stay at the Rosen Plaza over the holidays. Stuff was helpful and courteous. Room was clean.

We do have a complaint. My wife called ahead and was told that parking was $8 a day. When we got there, we were told that it was $13 a day. That was a disappointment.

Room Tip: Beware of the parking charges.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

We are sorry to hear about the issue you experienced with our parking. We try to maintain rates and fees for services that are comparable to the hotels of our quality in the area. We are sorry for the miscommunication and we will speak to our staff to ensure that it doesn't happen again.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

I am a big user of the Trip Advisor reports. My reservation to this hotel was made by a colleague. Before I was to leave, I checked Trip Advisor and got worried because of all the mixed reviews.

So it was with trepidation that I visited the Rosen Plaza. Lucklily, there was nothing to fear. The Rosen Plaza seems to have been renovated recently, so the rooms were perfectly fine, and with all the amenites. The heating and cooling worked wekk. The housekeeping was very good. The lobby is still pretty bare, which seems like a Rosen hotel feature to make sure you dont linger too long while in the Lobby,

I used the free gym every day, which while not very attractive, had very good equipment.

My colleagues had trouble with the front desk, so that part of past reviews seems to be validated.

The best part of the Rosen is that it has excellent location if you are working the Convention Center and dont have a rental car. There are many restaurants nearby and a RiteAid down the street.

The unexpected pleasure was the combination convenience store take out restaurant in the back of the Lobby. They had great oatmeal for a few bucks, affordable and healthy.

I would stay at the Rosen again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights in February whilst on a little weekend break.

I found the location absolutely brilliant. You can walk across the road to Orlando Pointe where there are plenty of great bars and restaurants. As its on International Drive all the attractions are nearby. I drove to Universal Studios in 5 minutes and I could see the rollercoasters of Sea World from my bedroom window so basically this hotel is slap bang in the middle of it all!

The service was great from everyone I had dealing with and thoroughly enjoyed the restaurant even if it was on the pricey side. There is also a Deli open til 2am which is very convenient.

However I found the hotel to be extremely busy at all times.The lobby was always like a train station and space by the pool was limited. Even swimming in the pool was impossible and some sort of timing system really needs to be thought out for the jacuzzi as during my stay it seemed to be taken over by groups of teenagers on some cookery convention!!!

The rooms were typical for a florida hotel and comfortable however I did find the lack of a duvet unusual in 2012 and although the mattress topper was fantastic I still didnt feel the same without the extra padding ontop. Also the air conditioning unit was very noisy throughout however as the windows could not be opened I needed to keep it on for air. Also I could hear rather a lot from the rooms either side. I had a problem with a slow draining bath and asked for someone to come up and have a look at it but noone ever came.

Having said all that I would certainly return to this hotel as I found its perfect for what I needed!

Room Tip: Try to get as high up as possible as the street level can be noisy
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends