New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Comfort Suites Universal Studio Area

Comfort Suites Universal Studio Area
Ranked #95 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Orlando, Florida
“Easy Access to Universal Studios”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

I stayed here on a whim. I was coming back in town to start my travels out of state and wanted to hang out for a few hours before leaving town. I got one of the closest hotels to Universal so I could go to City Walk. I will say I was impressed. My room was very nice but I do expect this from a Comfort Suites property. The staff was nice and patient with me even though I was rushing them :-). They also recognized my Diamond status with Choice Privileges with a water and a snack..... :-).. For a second I thought I was at a hilton property lol. I was very thankful for that because normally Choice Hotels give you a pat on the back and just say thanks. They are more into rewarding you with points than snacks and beverages at least from what I have seen at various locations. Anyways, this is a great property to stay at. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank 247HardWorker
ekrakow, General Manager at Comfort Suites Universal Studio Area, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
247hardworker, thank you for the nice review of our hotel. I'm glad my staff recognized your diamond status with Choice Hotels. We are very lucky as we get many diamond, gold and platinum Choice Privileges Members who decide to stay with us. We recongize our guests, because we know if we do, you will come back to visit us again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Palm Coast, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

Had a horrible experience this past weekend with another Choice hotel, which has really encouraged me to write this review about the Comfort Suites! May I say first and foremost that Eric Krakowski and Sandy are both great managers and very helpful and accomodating! Eric was unfortunately not in this past weekend when we had our horrible experience with the Quality Suites on Turkey Lake, but Sandy stepped right up and helped us out greatly in his absence! Normally our first choice is this hotel, but unfortunately they were all booked up for the two nights we were planning our stay this past weekend. Needless to say, several hundred dollars later and a lot of inconvenience, we ended up having to leave the hotel we booked at and stay at two seperate hotels (the first night of which, might I add, cost us well over $200!). This hotel was booked solid on Friday night, but we did end up staying there on Saturday. Sandy welcomed us and had our room ready bright and early so that we could leave our luggage in the room before heading to the park, and without needing to come back at the normal check-in time later in the day...which would have disturbed our plans for the day (mind you, they were booked solid the night before, so to have gotten a room ready for us that early was really great in my book!). We were greated with a smile and were so happy to come to what was familiar and what we KNEW was clean, etc. This hotel is a GREAT value for the price you pay. Their rates are just slightly above "lower end" hotels, yet they are very clean, staff is very friendly and accomodating (if ANYTHING is not "up to your liking", they make sure to make it right!) and they have an excellent free breakfast with even hot items in the mornings! This is also one of very few hotels that can also accomodate a family of 5 or more, as they are an all-suite hotel. They also happen to be literally down the road from Universal, and also very close to all the other parks. Stay here on your next visit, I assure you that you will NOT be disappointed!

Room Tip: There are specific suites that are somewhat in the middle of the hotel floors, which are a bit large...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
pocketfullasunshine, WOW, thank you for the fantastic review of your stay with us! I'm so happy you decided to stay with us and appreciate you mentioning myself and Sandy, my trusted Front Office Manager, in the review. We always try to exceed our guests expectations! We look forward to serving you again!!
Juneau, Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

This was a very clean hotel, and also had a friendly and helpful staff. The manager was very knowledgable, and concered to help us with everything we needed. The breakfast they provide is very good as well. It's within walking distance to some food places, and Starbucks.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
stringbean69, Thank you very much for the nice review of our hotel. We strive, every day, to provide top notch service and a clean/comfortable room! We will look forward to serving you again in the future!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

Since I have a special discount to stay at any choice hotel, I always pick Comfort Suites because the quality is amazing. From NY to Chicago, every comfort suites I've stayed is leaves me with a great smile at the end.

The front desk clerks as well as the maids were great at this location. We were allowed to check in at 9AM instead of the 3 PM or whatever time it is normally. The free breakfast is fantastic, hot filling food.

The location is within a 5 minute walk to Universal Orlando!!

We will be back to this location again next time we come back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jvbargains1
ekrakow, General Manager at Comfort Suites Universal Studio Area, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Jvbargains1,

We appreciate the generous review of our hotel! it makes my day to see happy guests. We hope you will visit us again in the future!
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

The room was lovely and spacious with a lot of nice touches. I appreciated having a large mini fridge to put pop and leftovers in, and the teenagers in the family enjoyed having the sofa bed so that they didn't have to share a bed. The pool was nice although it was a little cold when we were there. Breakfast was typical continental with eggs and bacon on the side, i didn't try the eggs because they looked like pancakes, however SO said they were edible and the bacon was very good. If eggs and bacon are not your thing there were many other options, cereal, yogurt, english muffins, toast, donuts, danishes and waffles. We didn't use the shuttle to the park because the schedule was to limited for our needs and we had early admission to IOA, so we drove ourselves. The location was very convenient for the parks just a few minutes down the road.

1 Thank RachealF_12
RachealF_12,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! I'm so glad you and your family had a good time visiting Orlando. Please keep us in mind for your future lodging needs!