1,929 results
All reviews mini golf turtle pool time share winn dixie cypress pointe full kitchen one bedroom unit mini mart washer and dryer welcome package convenience store large bathroom pools and hot tubs twin beds sales pitch living room disney parks
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We stayed in a one bedroom for a weekend while attending a function with our daughter. Check in was quick and efficient. The resort is in a nice location with easy access to parks.

I am giving this an average rating because there are so many options in the area and it just does not jump out as being anything more.

One bedroom condo is cramped in living/kitchen area. Furnishings were worn but not terrible. Bedroom and bath are larger and were clean. Several things in kitchen were broken or missing. Patio was very cramped. I would not recommend this for more than 3 people as it really was not as large as an average hotel room. Washer and dryer were located on upper floor. Faucets in bathroom were all backwards for hot and cold water

We did like the way the condos all surrounded the pool area and we liked that the snack bar/convenience store was open late and delivered food to the door. My husband bought milk there that was spoiled. He did not look at the date and we realized only when our daughter poured it on cereal. Pool was clean but way too crowded, we were visiting during a prime spring break week. Resort offered typical activities throughout the week for kids...tie dye tshirts, movie night, etc.

I can't say that we would not stay again, however, it would not be on the top of my list if given a choice with so many other options. This was available last minute and we needed to be in the area.

Room tip: Pool facing units would be my choice, otherwise it's the parking lot view.
Date of stay: April 2012
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Pros: Great location (right across the street from Downtown Disney), within walking distance to grocery stores/restaurants, nice pools, great playground for kids, 2 bedroom unit was big with plenty of room for 4 adults and 1 child, beds were decent, putt-putt course was nice.

Cons: Walls are paper thin and you will hear EVERYTHING going on in the units around you, parking gets tight late in the evening, furnishings were not very comfortable (couch, chairs, etc), food at the snack bars was mediocre, wireless internet was expensive and VERY slow.

My family stayed here for a week in March 2012 and the overall consensus is that it was just "Okay". We used a Groupon deal and only paid about $650 for 5 nights. For that price, we don't have many complaints but we won't be going back.

Date of stay: March 2012
7  Thank Jen T
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We stayed at the Cypress Villas for 7 nights. The place was clean, well stocked and the pool was great. The villa was spacious and the people who worked at the resort were very nice.

PRESSURE, PRESSURE, PRESSURE, The people who are trying to sell the time shares are your best friends until you tell them you are not interested in going to the "UPDATE". I realize that they are working on commission, but when you are going on vacation you do not want to spend a 1/2 day with them trying to pressure you into buying more points. When you check in you have to go to another desk for a welcoming package. That is when it all begins. They offer you money and discounts on tickets. When you turn them down, they start pressuring you to please consider it. THey always tell you 45 - 55 minutes and it turns out to be 1/2 day of being pressured into buying more points. We said we would go just to get them off our backs and then we did not go. They questioned us as to why and then the one person litterly stormed away from the desk. Very unprofessional . The place is nice but unless you want to buy more points stay away from the welcoming package, because all it is, is a sell pitch and pressure to attend the so called UPDATE"

Date of stay: April 2012
5  Thank Leland W
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We stayed in a 2 bed in Cypress Pointe Grande Villas in early Dec 2011 for 2 weeks. This was not a refurbished apartment but it was still in very good condition, clean and so convenient. We did not get to use the washer/dryer (laziness) but it was great to have them just in case. There were only 2 of us but it was great to have a bedroom each and not be tripping over each other as in a regular hotel room, a bathroom each was a nice bonus too. There was a TV in each bedroom as well as in the living room. I thought there was supposed to be a clean after a week but this didn't happen. We did not enquire about this as to be honest it suited us just as well - there were lots of towels and linens so we didn't need those and we are not untidy people, we clean as we go so it didn't need it anyway.

We were on the 2nd floor so didn't need to use the lift (elevator) other than at arrival and departure for suitcases. On check in we were asked if we interested in timeshare (we aren't) and there was a little push which I wasn't really in the humour for after a 9 hour flight but I know they have a job to do and they were very polite about it so not a problem. There was a light on our phone to indicate a voicemail during our stay but I did not check this, I am guessing it was about the timeshare spiel also but I could be wrong. It was great having the onsite shop to get in a few essentials on arrival and avoid having to drive to a store. I was quite surprised at how big the shop was and the choice available, I expected something much smaller.

All in all we were extremely happy with our stay and will happily return to Cypress Pointe GV again if we get the right price.

Date of stay: December 2011
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Great Location, Great price. The resort and the location was very clean, the suites were more than we bargained for. Did not find one fault with this resort. Not to mention the staff were VERY VERY helpful and courteous. We are eagerly looking forward to going back to this location in the summer for a longer stay.

Date of stay: March 2012