First the good. It's right across from the entry to Universal Studios. So if that's your goal it's a great location. It has free Internet access. It is cheaper than most.
Now the rest. While the hotel seems to have been renovated recently it's all just gloss. The rooms are already beginning to look worn. The bedding is getting frayed and the sheets are a crinkled mess hard to tell if they are clean or used. The rooms and public space are dirty. The hotel is packed and the turnover impressive but the staff just can't keep up. Maid carts litter the hallway day and night and the maids do just a cursory cleaning to get the next guest in fast. I'm a Marriott Gold Member and our room was to be ready by 1pm. We checked in at 5pm and there were no ready rooms. When we did get the room 30-minutes later it looked like the maid rushed to get it cleaned from the last customer. Later that evening we came back from dinner to find that the air conditioning was broken making an amazing racket. The repair man was Russian and spoke only basic English, enough to say he couldn't fix it and it was old. The only room they could move us into was the handicapped room which is not a great room for three people to share. During this process it took six calls to the desk at 10pm to even get them to change the room. So not impressed with the customer service either. The breakfast is basic and overwhelmed with hungry kids and angry parents making a wonderful scene to watch, but not participate in. The lone attendant couldn't keep up with the amount of people grabbing food. The line for waffles was six deep and the oatmeal emptied in 15 minutes and was never resupplied. As if all this isn't enough the hotel is across the street from the Fire Station with sirens going off at all hours of the day and night.
Great place if you care more about getting to Universal than comfort and a good nights sleep than this is your place, otherwise stay elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests feel right at home at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando near Universal Orlando Resort. Our vibrant and welcoming hotel near Universal Orlando is perfect for creating memories on a trip to Florida, as it offers many multifunctional spaces and modern amenities. We are a 2016 TripAdvisor® Certificate of Excellence winner and we offer travelers plenty of space to relax as they explore Orlando. Our hotel sits moments from top Orlando attractions, including Universal Studios and Universal Citywalk. Guest rooms and guest suites at our hotel are spacious, and they include free Wi-Fi and plush bedding. Each morning, we provide a complimentary hot breakfast for our guests and our outdoor pool is always available for a refreshing swim. At Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, we make guests needs and wants our #1 priority. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Marriott, Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Studios Hotel Orlando
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Orlando Universal Studios
- Fairfield Inn Orlando
- Fairfield Orlando
- Orlando Fairfield Inn
- Fairfield Inn & Suites By Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort Florida