“Very Comfortable and well run”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort
Ranked #99 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chappaqua, NY
“Very Comfortable and well run”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We stayed here in late February. great hotel, comfortable, well run, great staff. Need to note the woman that oversees the breakfast room (Rosila was her name I believe), does such a great job and the breakfast is great!! room was comfortable, very quiet, large, price was fair. only problem was pull out bed springs were rough to sleep on for one of our kids. see below:

pros
right next door to Universal - very convenient
Very quiet
large room
nice pool
great breakfast - Rosila!!
clean room
Great staff

cons
pull out couch bed not comfortable
ran out of cookies at check in

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank DavidHaup
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Thank you for your review! Our breakfast attendant- Larissa - is ecstatic about being praised on TripAdvisor! Sorry about the pull out sofa, we have looked into the issue and got it fixed future guests. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. As far as cookies- feel free to ask next time and we'll be happy to bake more!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Baltimore
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I stayed at the Fairfield inn just outside Universal Studios. The room I stayed in was very nice and well layed out. It was a small studio with a King sized bed and a little sitting room. It had 2 flat screen TVs as well as a fridge and microwave (which I actually used). After I checked in, I discovered that this hotel was listed as a catagory 4 hotel which allowed me to use some free nights I had on my account (which only allowed up to a catagory 4 stay), so I asked the desk to change the billing to use those nights. The front desk told me it would have to be coordinated with Marriott reservations, but they would handle all that for me. I was pleasantly surprised when I checked out the bill was perfect! All of the appropriate discounts and free nights were accounted for.

Room Tip: This hotel is very close to Universal Studios, and within in walking distance if you don't mind...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank bgoodfly
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Thank you for your review and for useful tips about transportation to Universal! It is a great pleasure to hear you and your family had an enjoyable stay and that you are happy with the service you received. Thank you for choosing us as your vacation destination and hope to have you stay with us again next time you are visiting Orlando area.
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Upon check-in, we could tell this was not an ordinary chain hotel. The front desk service was superb! They upgraded our room which was spacious, clean and well appointed. A shuttle is available to Universal, but it's a very short drive if you don't want to depend on a shuttle schedule. We only stayed for one night, but I can see how it would work well for a longer stay too. There are several restaurants and a drug store (Walgreen's) within walking distance. My only suggestion for improvement is the breakfast buffet and coffee service. I have some food sensitivities (eggs and dairy mostly) and there was no non-dairy creamer. They also could have used a few more toppings for the oatmeal which was about the only thing I could eat besides the fruit. All-in-all, a terrific hotel. We would recommend it to anyone and stay there again. I'll just remember to bring my own coffeemate.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this review, 11 February 2012
Thank you very much for your review and for your compliments to our staff for the service! I am glad our location and accommodations suited your travel needs.
I am sorry we did not have non-dairy products to help your food sensitivities. I appreciate you mentioning that and I will definitely take your suggestion into consideration.
Thanks again for choosing our property amongst many others in Orlando and we certainly hope to have you back! Have a great day!
Hockessin, Delaware
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I had originally booked the Doubletree hotel, which is just two buildings down from this Fairfield. The Doubletree is a little closer to the Universal entrance, but after reading ratings on Trip Advisor I found that this Fairfield seemed to be much more highly rated. Also, the Fairfield has free parking and free breakfast, two things that can really add up for a family in the course of a week. I canceled my Doubletree reservation and booked the Fairfield.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Emanoel very kindly managed to upgrade our room at check-in, and was so pleasant and helpful several times when I came to the desk with questions or requests. The breakfast area was always fully stocked, and the selection was quite good. The decor is nice, and everything looked fresh and new. The housekeeping staff does a great job in the room and the common areas (make sure to drop them a few bucks every day, they work hard!) And there are cookies in the lobby area, at least sometimes. It was always a surprise, and we'd hope to find them.

The shuttle is scheduled, and only does one trip over in the morning (it was timed to get you to the park right when the gates opened, so for us in January it was 8:45 AM), and one trip back in the evening 25 minutes after the park closed (7:25 PM in January). We found that a little restrictive, as that is just too long a day. We would either take shuttle one way and walk the other, or we simply drove over to Universal. Parking at Universal was reasonable at $15 a day, because you could come and go and not have to pay again. So, we'd go to the park while, come back and rest, and then head over to CityWalk for dinner. If you don't want to pay to park, the walk one way is do-able but takes 15 to 20 minutes. (There are cute little lizards on the sidewalk. We had fun watching the dozens of them scurry away as we approached.) But with all the park walking, we just treated ourselves to parking at Universal. (If we had stayed at Doubletree, then we would have been paying to park at both the hotel and the park, which would have been ridiculous.) The shuttle is nice, it is a bus so we had no worries of not getting a seat. The driver was friendly and prompt.

Thanks, Fairfield staff! You earned your 5 "dot" rating here. :) Excellent service, very nice hotel!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank ChrisdeB_12
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Thank you for choosing us for your Orlando trip and for taking the time to share about your experience during your stay! You picked us versus full service DoubleTree Hotel and that's a big compliment for us!
I am glad you enjoyed our amenities and the service provided by our team! Thank you for your kind words and for your "5-dot" rating!
We hope to see you again soon and have wonderful day!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I went to visit family and my sister got the flu so we wanted to stay at a hotel at the last minute trying to avoid getting sick. I went on trip advisor to seek out a hotel that was close by. The reviews were spot on. The customer service was better than a lot of 5* hotels I have been to. The second night we were there, the parking lot was full. I had my fiance run inside to ask the front desk where we should park. As I'm waiting there I see the front desk staff (Mariant) running to move her car for me. She actually moved her spot so I could park there and who knows where she ended up putting her car. She didn't have to do that, but she went way beyond her professional call of duty and with a smile. She was wonderful, as was all the other staff members at this hotel. The room was clean and quiet. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I just always ask for a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review! While there are many lodging options in Orlando area, I am glad you have chosen us and, moreover, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay!
Mariant is one of our newest team members, however she has already become a favorite between our valued guests for her genuine kindness and, believe it or not, humor! I apologize for your inconvenience with lack of parking and I am glad Mariant was able to help you.
I appreciate your kind words about all our staff members and hope to see you again next time you are in Orlando!