International Palms Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #261 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Unsanitary”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

Staff did not honor our pre-paid reservations, and we were forced to pay full price. Now we are dealing with the hassle of getting our money refunded. Hotel was unsanitary.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
International P... O, General Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Dear Travel Junkie,

Thank you for you review. We appreciate your feedback, as feedback is a gift. International Palms Resort Orlando recently changed management companies, and are excited to understand the challenges you as a traveler are concerned with. I welcome you to reach me directly to resolve the pre-paid reservation that you had initially secured.

Additionally, I welcome you to reach me directly for your next stay, so that we may exceed your expectations.

Brent M. DeNardo
International palms Resort & Conference Center-Orlando

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (794)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

We stayed in the tower block on the 14th floor which had an ok view but the window was very small and the room needed lights on during the day. The rooms were clean with fresh towels and linen, also had a coffee maker (free tea/coffee supplied daily), TV - not a flatscreen but how much TV do you watch when on holiday!, Fridge, Microwave, Hair Dryer, Safe and Air Con (the air con was a little noisy but we got the room cold and then switched it off overnight)

We didn't use the pool but the pool bar was ok - although a little short staffed at times..

We used the local taxi service as a shuttle to and from Universal/Disney/Seaworld - you can book a round trip and call them half hour before you want collecting. It was good Value - Universal $18 return, Disney $80 return, Seaworld $30 return. You can do these journeys cheaper but there were 4 of us and it was far nicer to be driven around... if you're on a budget I would suggest hiring a car. We did use the free shuttle to Busch gardens, booked a day in advance with no problems at all.. it picks up from down the road.

All in all I would stay here again.. it's a budget hotel but it's clean and a similar standard to a UK travelodge so can't really complain at all! The only 1 complaint I would have is that the shop is overpriced.. but a 2 min walk to the local supermarket solves that issue.

Room Tip: Would recommend a higher floor if possible to avoid noise from the motorway behind.
1 Thank Jen N
Dear Jen

Thank you for your recent review. We were pleased that you were able to enjoy your holiday at International Palms Resort Orlando from London. Our location is ideal to Universal Studios and Sea World, along with numerous other attractions. We don’t intend on becoming a 4 or 5-Star Hotel, so that we can keep the rates attractive, but are delighted that this was an excellent “budget” hotel stay for you and your family. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next trip.

Sao Caetano do Sul, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

This hotel is very good - there is microwave and freezer in the room, the pool is very good - there is a very hot hidromassage - and it is open until 11pm, what is great and very relaxing when we came back from the park. The room and the whole hotel is very clean. The staff was very nice, prestative. There is free bus to Universal and some discount too. I recomend this hotel.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
International P... O, General Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Dear MarisaAmaral

Thank you for your recent review. We were pleased that you were able to enjoy your holiday at International Palms Resort Orlando from Sao Caetano do Sul. Our location is ideal to Universal Studios and numerous other attractions. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next trip with your family, where we have a lot of excited changes to showcase!

Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

When the term "Resort" is used in a name, to me it implies certain things. Oversized rooms, balconies with nice views, perhaps a jacuzzi or jetted tub even.. this has none of that. This is really just a big hotel, with rooms like so many other hotels. We checkied in at 9 PM, and it took a while; there was a bunch of people in front of us booking several rooms. The woman was alone and did her best with a smile. Her name was VIctoria and she was great throughout the stay. Be warned that at certain times checkin can take an hour - I went to the lobby for something and the line was ridiculous.. So, she mentioned we could still get food at the bar even though the restaurant was closed. We sat at the bar, the woman tending walked by 4 or 5 times without so much of a "hello" - "be right with you" --nothing. We left and went out to eat. My son and I stayed in building D, and I can say it needs some refurbishment. The room had a kind of musty smell. The room itself was okay, 2 beds with a table and bathroom. The bathroom is miniscule, you have to close the door to get to the toilet.
Note that the maids did a very good job cleaning the room each day.
The pool area was really nice. This is a high point of the place. There is a place to get drinks and food in a little pooside cabana.
One last note. I tried to add a night but could not get through to their reservations person! After several failed attempt to contact them directly, I booked the extra night through Hotels. com at a much cheaper price.
I would stay here again if I got a great deal.. That said, if money was not an issue, I would certainly look for a newer place. If they clean up and paint this place would be killer
If you are looking to get a good deal, book through Universals web site and stay here - you'll mostly just sleep in the room or check into change and it is good ebnough for that

Room Tip: Check prices through hotel.com or other online booking site, it will probably be cheaper unless you...
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

My partner and I booked into this hotel through Travelrepublic.co.uk, and stayed for 22 nights on 25th April 2012. When arriving, we were given a room in the 'A' building. As soon as we entered the room, I felt very uncomfortable. The room was dark and had a musty smell. The Air-Con also wasn't working. I phoned the Hotel Operator who asked me to go back to reception for another room. The Lady on the front desk was very helpful indeed. I was slightly worried that they would be annoyed with me for complaining, but she was lovely (sorry, can't remember her name). She then told me that we would be upgraded to a King at no extra cost! I was thrilled when she told me, but I was astonished when we entered the room - it was huge! The bed was a Super King and massive. I could lie at one edge and my partner at the other and I could reach my arm across and not even touch him. I think those were the best nights sleep I've ever had. Room was equipped with a Safe, Full Size Fridge, Microwave, Sofa, Coffee Table, Business Table - and a stunning View!
Pool area was lovely and the Pool-Side Bar a nice convenience. Business area was nice, but you do have to pay to use the internet and print anything. We ordered food a couple of times. Average food, but the price is average so shouldn't expect any more than that.
Free Shuttle bus to Univeral/Seaworld was very useful and was used regularly.
I was very nervous the whole holiday about the 'Resort Fee' that there is a notice about at reception. It states that $7.99 per day would be added to the bill at the end of the stay. This would've worked out at $175 for our entire stay, but thankfully there was no bill to be paid when I checked out. I'm not sure why, I may have already paid the Fee when booking the hotel.
Overall, I was very pleased with our stay. I will definitely be staying here again and will upgrade to the King Rooms. Very good price for a lovely stay. Thanks very much!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nikitaxx10410
Dear Nikitaxx

Thank you for your business! We were delighted that you choose International Palms Resort for your recent visit from Aberdeen for your extended holiday. We are delighted that you had an excellent stay and that you enjoyed our hotel. We will pass on your accolades to our front desk team. We appreciate your business and look forward to taking excellent care of you during your next stay when we will have a lot of new surprises to showcase!