Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“Better than expected”

International Palms Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #257 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Puerto Rico
“Better than expected”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

After booking this hotel I read a lot of bad reviews that make me think that I made a weong decision booking this hotel but my experience was better than expected. The hotel was recently renovated, the room was clean, the lobby very nice appearance, the pool was clean and a side bar, tables and chairs that you can seat and relax and drink something. The location is perfect you can walk to Wet n Wild and minutes from Universal. The hotel isbin the International Drive so you can get Rapud access to the theme parks and a lot of gift shop and restaurants

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank pjwlopez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (794)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
basford
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We've stayed at this hotel twice now and we are very happy with it.

The rooms are very large and clean, its located at the centre of i-drive within walking distance to Wet and wild, next to a Buffalo wild wings and accross the road of Chilis. The pool area is also large and very nice.

The hotel can be a litte noisy due to families staying here but I suppose you have to expect that.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank PeaPodAdventures
International P... O, General Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear Danny

Thank you for your recent review. We were pleased that you were able to enjoy your holiday at International Palms Resort Orlando from the Basford. Our location is ideal to Wet ‘n Wild and Buffalo Wild Wings, along with numerous other attractions. We value your business and look forward to your next trip!

Brent DeNardo
International Palms Resort & Conference Center-Orlando
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2012

A week in Orlando, 2 friends travelling together, Disney/Universal stuff - Quite average for Orlando.

I have been like 10 times to Orlando for the very same so I have seen some average and some great hotels there. The International Palms seemed a good price for what was a 3 star (?) hotel on International Drive.Whilst the reception is ok, where we actually stayed was quite a disappointment...

The location: Very close to Universal, about 15-20 minutes to Disney. International Drive (need I say more). A Publix about 6 minutes away and an IHOP 5 mins down the road.

The facilities: It has a swimming pool, which was ok. Just ok. With a bar where the Brits would sit and drink (only heard that accent every time I passed by). There is a little gift shop that sells toiletries and things you might need (at a much higher price than normal). There is a washing room with manky machines but at least it did the job.

The room: Oh My God. Was I in a 3 star hotel or the Super 8 Motel? The locks have recently been replaced with cards but the holes for the door knobs etc. are still there. As you go in, there is no light switch so you have to go in and use the reading lights or the toilet light (even though there is a switch at the entrance).

There is a fridge which is good. The bathroom is REALLY REALLY basic, the bath was weird to stand in because the base wasn't touching the ground so it wobbled a bit. We found a creepy crawler in the bathroom as well - not cool. They claim to have WiFi, but although I could see it in my devices, I could never connect during the whole week. The beds were not very comfortable and rather hard.

The room was in a motel building (the 2 storey type of building facing the parking lot where you hear people passing by the corridor). It was not inside a building or anything so if it rained you were buggered. Of course you couldn't open your curtains because people who walked past would look in and stare.

Overall, I slept, I washed and I had breakfast. But for what I paid in Orlando, I would have expected more, or at least be in the tower, not the motel section. I say go stay elsewhere for that money.

Room Tip: Stay in the tower - avoid the small motel-like blocks!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Jonathan,

Thank you for you review. International Palms Resort Orlando recently changed management companies, and are excited to understand the views of our guests. We have been focusing our efforts on a number of areas. We will continue to make steps to improve our property and the overall experience. We look forward to your next visit and anxious to get additional feedback.

Brent M. DeNardo
International palms Resort & Conference Center-Orlando

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I stayed here a while back an wrote a review that it was going to be great when it was finished. Well not only is it not finished but they must have changed owners or something because this place is just plain lousy. Nobody gives a crap, its dirty and did I mention nobody cares about you.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Dear Coach,

Thank you for you review. We appreciate your feedback, as feedback is a gift. International Palms Resort Orlando recently changed management companies, and are excited to understand the challenges you as a traveler are concerned with. We have been focusing our efforts on a number of areas. We will continue to make steps to improve our property and the overall experience. We would be delighted for you to come and earn your trust again.

I welcome you to reach me directly for your next stay staycation, so that we may exceed your expectations.

Brent M. DeNardo
International palms Resort & Conference Center-Orlando
COLCHESTER UK
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Had 4 Rooms & 9 Nights Spent at the International Palms.11th -20th March
Searched around and chose the International Palms really on the price this time
Pleasantly Surprised. Apart what appears to be quite a regular problem being allocated occupied rooms at first we had a really nice stay at the Palms. Nice Base in International Drive
Rooms Big.Breakfasts lovely,ALL Staff wonderful from Reception & Restaurant to the Cleaners Everyone Welcoming.
SAID in the Restaurant a real character !
I know of the change of the Management and money is being spent on this large hotel
The inside of the "Tower" currently looks like a prison wing.With a bit of imagination with paint/pictures it could be transformed. (No doubt in the pipeline) . Windows could be double glazed to cut out the constant noise of the I4 just behind.Which would improve sleep quality (No doubt also in the Pipeline )
The Pool is great and the sound of the waterfall cuts out the I4 noise behind it .Laying there you would not know there was an 8 or 10 lane Highway within 50 feet .
Would I stay again?....Yes (Hopefully Windows will be double glazed by then)

Room Tip: Rooms facing International Drive much Quieter (currently)
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank DAVEColchesterUk
Dear Dave,

Thank you for choosing International Palms Resort for your visit to Orlando! We were pleased that your family had an excellent stay and were able to enjoy the many amenities on and off the resort grounds. We will pass on your accolades. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.

Brent DeNardo