“You get what you pay for.....”

Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row
Ranked #255 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I stayed here and although it was clean, the furniture needs to be replaced. The smell of smoke reeked as soon as you entered the hotel. I asked to see the rooms before I checked in and the first room I saw smelled of mold. The room I chose the bed was AWLFUL!!! it was like sleeping on the floor it was so low. The staff was very friendly and this hotel is in a prime location, near shops and yet not in the congestion of town, so it has the potential to be a great place, it just needs to be re-modeled. The price says it all, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank seekingconvience
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row

Reviewed 16 September 2011

3 friends recommended this hotel to me, and I had no regrets at all. It's cheap but it's clean, quiet and very well located (there is a 24h Wallmart and others restaurant just across the street). I’ll definitively stay again in this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2011

After reading some of these reviews, I'm confused. Either I got the only room in the building that was nice (and I doubt that), or they've reviewed the wrong hotel. This extended stay was clean, updated and in a very quiet location. My room was very large (one of the largest studio suites I've seen). The furnishings were modern, nice (upscale compared to other basic extended stays). The hotel is located on Equity Row, off of John Young Parkway, so it's not actually on the busy street. I felt safe walking my dog (a small Westie) at night and thought the area was quite serine compared to other hotel locations in Orlando. My only complaint was that the internet connection was not consistent. However, if I were not here on business and didn't need consistent internet I would definitely stay here again. In fact, I'd recommend this to family and friends as a great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank BandJTravels
Reviewed 27 December 2010

Do not stay at this hotel!! It has bed bugs!!

After a 13 hour drive I got to the hotel very tired. After check in, I went tot he room. I always pull the headboard off the wall to check for bed bugs. I found a dead bed bug and much of their stains on the head board.

I called the front desk. They did not seem surprised and offered a refund. I must give them credit for maintaining a "Pest log" in a three ring binder from Orkin. The clerk logged my complaint in the three ring binder (with a couple of other pages of complaints. I then had to find another hotel. It kind of ruined my trip and I had to pay much more for my stay.

I will never go back there again!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank John359080
Reviewed 29 November 2010

My family and my friend's family (total:4 adults) checked in the hotel one of the evening last week. We were allocated rooms in the third floor. Especially the one allocated for me was absolutely unacceptable. The Bed was not cleaned and there was hair all around. The bed spread was not fresh and torn in multiple places. To add to this, the room had cigar smell (note that we were told this is a non smoking room). The person at the front desk didn't seem too bothered about it. Only after we asked for options, he agreed to show a couple of other rooms in the second floor. We had no other choice other than these two rooms and had to accept them though the beds weren't top notch in terms of cleanliness.

Starting the same day, we noticed several small roaches all over the room especially in the bathroom,living room wall and kitchen area. On one occasion we noticed roaches in the bread toaster. THIS WAS JUST UNACCEPTABLE.

We reported the concerns to front desk on wednesday morning. She(the front desk associate) offered a free upgrade but we declined simply because we knew that it's not going to be any different especially when my friend reported similar roach problem at their room as well.

She promised to set up a room service and try to reach out to the roach cleaning company to fix the problem. None of these happened and roaches were continuing to live around us. She was courteous, may be she reported but those guys didnt turn up as it was near Thanksgiving holiday

We reported back to front desk on the subsequent day. The associate didn't know why room service didn't show up, but he promised to get that done on friday and he provided a replacement toaster immediately.

Room service finally happened on friday. On the very same night I still saw a dead roach.

Roaches in the food area , and even on the bed in my friend's room. I'm extremely disappointed for having stayed at the hotel and also felt humiliated as I was the one who forced my friend to stay in this hotel. I have stayed at Homestead in CT on more than one occasion and for several days and had a very good experience. This was the only reason to book at Orlando , but what a massive difference? I would not recommend this.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Travellers also viewed these Orlando hotels
0.1 km away
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Commodity Circle
4.7 km away
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6443 Westwood
4.6 km away
Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Major Blvd.
4.7 km away
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Sports Complex
4.0 km away
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd
2.9 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando South

Been to Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row? Share your experiences!