Sheraton Vistana Villages - International Drive
Ranked #59 of 334 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

I had the opportunity to stay with my family and couldn't be happier. Loved the Villa. I went to the open house and was treated great and saved over $100 on tickets. Location was good , but I needed a car. Guest services Chad and Mike are awesome. Thanks for the great stay and keep up the good work.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank michasal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (972)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

My fiance and I just returned today from a four night stay at Sheraton Vistana Villages. We LOVEEEEDDDD the resort.

SERVICE: We had the best service that included midnight deliveries of toothpaste for free. Everyone was so helpful. The only people that didn't seem to know a lot were the travel people: who recommends the upside house over Sea World? That was just funny though.

ROOM: Huge room with full kitchen, dining room, living room, bedroom with king size bed, porch, and HUGE bathroom with two sections (one of which included a huge tub for two people). Our room was so amazing that we kept saying at the end of the day, "let's go home" or "we're going home." The apartments truly felt like a home.

PROPERTY: Spectacular. Clean. There were BBQs and tables outside if you wanted to save money. The lakes and pools are amazing. The only thing I wish is that we had spent more time on the property. We only had three full days in Orlando so all day long we were at the parks. We wish so much that we could have utilized the pool, gym, and other services/locations. We took a look at the pools, but we were so tired at the end of the day that we just wanted to relax. BTW, how great is it that there is a grocery store open until 10pm on the property??

SLEEP QUALITY: My FI indicated that this was the best sleep he has had in such a long time. It was super quite even though we were on the first floor next to the stairs.

VALUE: $99/night for this! AMAZING!

LOCATION: Another, AMAZING! It did not take us long to get anywhere. I think maybe 30 minutes to the airport (maybe - probably shorter but I was so tired so I didn't look). Sea World and Aquatica are right down the street. Universal and Disney are also not that far away (I don't think they even took 20 minutes to get to).

OVERALL: Really, this resort had it all! All in all, we just felt at home and would ABSOLUTELY return!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Storm4me
VA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

I travel to Orlando every week and was a very loyal Hilton customer that was content at the Hilton Garden Inn. However I decided to give the Vistana a try because I heard my co-workers say that the renovated rooms are nice and also because they have full kitchens (I’m sick of eating out every single night).

Bottom Line is that as a business traveler I will probably not return to this hotel because of the management and their refusal to work with me on a particular issue. Road warriors, pay attention because if you are used to leaving your luggage at the hotel over a weekend then this ain’t the place for you. At the conclusion on my first stay I left my suitcase with the hotel since I was coming back the next week – no issues and everyone was very courteous. Yesterday though when I was checking out, the hotel managers refused to allow me to leave my bag until Monday when I would be checking back in. This is the first time I have ever encountered this at any hotel and I’ve been traveling every single week for years. They explained that keeping luggage is a liability issue and that they don’t let returning guests leave luggage. That is 100% false because not only did they allow me to do that before but my co-workers leave luggage there as well and never have an issue. It really is baffling that the managers insist on not allowing me to leave my bags there because of a ridiculous policy that is not enforced except when it came to me because I guarantee you that my colleagues are still leaving bags there.

Aside from that I did two stays there, one for 7 days and the other for a few days. The first stay was excellent and the second kind of bad (and not because of the luggage).

The following applies to the renovated rooms, I have not stayed at the non-renovated rooms which I hear are awful.

Overall both rooms were between nice and very nice.

First stay – Building 24. My room had a great view to the pools from the patio. I especially loved sleeping with the sliding door open and listening to the fountain. The room was large with a kitchen living room area that had a fold out couch. The bedroom was nice, very comfortable bed. Two good TVs and nice bathroom. The kitchen has a full size fridge, plates, bowls, glasses, utensils, pots, pans, stove, microwave. Room was not as ultra-quiet as the Hilton Garden Inn but quiet enough – I did hear the kids carrying on next door but it wasn’t bad. The room also has a waser/dryer which is very convenient. Room was equipped with great wi-fi and LAN cable – I was surprised by the wi-fi because colleagues told me it sucked. The only negative item from this first stay was that one of the bed sheets had several drops of blood on it. It was apparent that the sheets had been washed because the blood stains were a bit faded.

Second Stay – Building 12. Kind of the same as building 24 but not as nice. To me it seemed like the room was a bit smaller and not as modern. They also were missing some cookware that was present in the other room. Ugly view, this room also had a view to a fountain but also to some ugly service areas. The first night I tried to sleep with the patio door open but this time had a much worse experience. For some reason the aircraft noise was much more noticeable in this bldg. but even worse was getting woken up at 430 am by a very noisy trash truck beeping and dropping the trash container. My room was also plagued by some overly sensitive smoke detectors. The first night the smoke detectors went off twice while I was cooking a hamburger, about 30 later a tech came back and replaced one of the detectors. The second night I had the same issue with the some detectors. As in the first room the bed sheets were dirty. This time it wasn’t blood but it looked like some kind of unwashed scuff marks – strange. Internet connection sucked bad, awful wi-fi that was useless and no LAN cord connectivity.

The property looks like it’s fun for kids, if you can get a renovated room in bldg 24 and don’t need to keep luggage at the hotel I’d recommend this place. I really wish the management was willing to think out of the box and work with me.

Room Tip: Renovated room in bldg 24
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Jafo19D
svv-guest-services, Manager at Sheraton Vistana Villages - International Drive, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Dear Jafo19D,

On behalf of the entire team at Sheraton Vistana Villages we would like to thank you for sharing your comments regarding your previous stay with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences and understand that only regular feedback from our guests and owners allows us to constantly monitor our service levels and make necessary improvements.

We have reviewed your comments with our leadership (Engineering, Front Desk and Housekeeping) teams and we will take all necessary corrective actions, including the coaching of our team members, to produce positive changes.

Please understand that due to liability concerns and limited storage space we are unable to store any guest luggage beyond their designated checkout date. We have reviewed this policy with our entire Front Office staff to ensure that the miscommunication you experienced will not happen in the future.

Your experiences were not in line with the usual high quality of service and accommodation we provide our owners and guests. We invite you to share any additional feedback and may be contacted at svvgm@starwoodvo.com.

Resort Management
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

Went to Orlando for all star weekend and the hotel was better than expected. But Beware because when u check in they will direct u to the timeshare desk for a gift bag, breakfast for one day if you go to a 90 min siminar and $100. Unfortunately the gift bag included many expired deals for drinks along city walk and other tourist attractions. Once we finally checked into our room it smelled like smoke sO we called the front desk and they offered to switch our rooms. The overall trip was alot of fun but make sure you set ur alarm for check out because they don't offer late checkout if u ask and they will threaten to charge $175 late checkout fee. Other than those few misshaps I would gladly stay again.....

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Mamichula26
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

First thing you do is walk in and unplug your condo phone. Timeshare people will call you about a "welcome" package or a "free breakfast". I was polite the first day and just said "no thank you". When they called me a 8:am (after coming in at 1:am from Disney), I didnt answer the phone. They called back at 10:00am. I then told them I did not appreciate their constant calling and hung up. Came back to my room at 2pm and guess what? Message on phone.

Nice place to stay. Close to Disney and retail stores.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family