“The Good, bad and let's do it better!!!!!”

Sheraton Vistana Villages - International Drive
Ranked #57 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
ny
“The Good, bad and let's do it better!!!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

We just returned from a magnificent trip to Orlando where we stayed for 3 nights at the Sheraton Vistana Resort on International Drive. Let me start off by saying – it is a lovely place and we would stay there again. BUT, there need to be a few things straightened out. We were three couples traveling together and they could not place us in the same building ( they have 17) or even close together. The property is very nice and the infra structure is pretty well maintained. The “suites” are essentially nice - ours was pretty clean – just the kitchen floor was dirty and sticky when we checked in. We were slightly offended that the furniture e.g. dressers, TV stands, TV’s, nite stand was all handcuffed to the walls with plastic hand cuffs. The probable reason will soon be made apparent.
On arriving in our “suite” I called down to get some terry robes to use and was told “we are a resort” and therefore do not offer the usual Sheraton amenities. I was always under impression that a resort is a higher level than a hotel. This property is listed as a 4 or 4 ½ star property, so I was shocked. But what do I know, I am only the costumer. I then asked for extra large towels to use instead of robes and they promptly came up. The next day, the maid failed to replace the extra towels. I called down and was told NO! No extra towels unless you are willing to pay extra. I insisted on speaking to the on duty manager, and a Mr. White called me back shortly. He explained that they are a resort and attract a different type of clientele – a clientele that take the towels home, so the policy is to charge for extra towels. But in my case he will waive the charge.
I was most confused why the hotel manager would tell me that the Sheraton felt its’ guests are thieves!
We did have a nice time and the suite is very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated and a "quiet " building
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank pinny1818
svv-guest-services, Manager at Sheraton Vistana Villages - International Drive, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
On behalf of the entire team at Sheraton Vistana Villages I would like to thank you for spending your vacation here in Orlando with us. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us via TripAdvisor. Only regular feedback from our guests and owners allows us to constantly monitor our service levels, evaluate our training practices and, whenever possible, make necessary improvements.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our property as it is certainly our aim to create the right expectations for our guests prior to their arrival.

The Sheraton Vistana Villages is part of Starwood Vacation Ownership and consists of 24 buildings located in four villages across 54 acres. Our guest population is a combination or Starwood Vacation Network owners, owners of other timeshare resorts that stay with us on an exchange visit and rental guests. Due to the complex nature of our villa inventory floating between owners in their deeded villas, exchange inventory and rental villas we are not always able to accommodate rental guests with numerous villas in the same building.

I have also reviewed your comments about housekeeping with our leadership team and we will take all necessary corrective actions including the coaching our team members.

The dressers and night stands are fixed to the walls as a safety precaution. This is a common practice in family resorts to ensure that dressers do not fall if a child is tempted to climb on them.

While we do not offer bathrobes and slippers as a standard amenity we do provide bath towels and replace them during scheduled housekeeping services. The amount of towels per villa is dependent on our stated villa accommodations; a one bedroom villa is set up for four guests while a two bedroom villa is set up for eight guests. We deliver one additional towel set complimentary and charge for additional towel sets.

I sincerely apologize for any miscommunication. Additional housekeeping service is available at a cost and complimentary pool towels are available in exchange for a pool towel card distributed to all guests at check-in. A charge only applies if neither the pool towels nor the cards are returned upon departure.

I regret that you experienced some inconveniences, including questions regarding our service; please contact me at svvgm@starwoodvo.com if you wish to discuss this matter further.

I hope we can welcome you and your family back to our resort sometime this year as I look forward to meeting you in person.

Jorg Heyer – General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (999)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
fleming island, florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

The resort was everything we had hoped for. We stayed to celebrate my mother in laws 90th birthday and she loved the feel of being in a tropical location. Eddie MacDonald at the front desk went above and beyond in helping make this trip memorable. I am very thankful for a life time memory made!

Room Tip: We stayed in building 5. The view of the waterfall and bridge was so relaxing.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

Spacious, modern, clean, updated. Wonderful space for my family of 5! Great! So close to the parks!

• Stayed December 2011
Croydon, Pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

Last year we spent a week at this resort. We liked it so much, we booked three weeks this year. We are retired seniors and like to get away from the cold weather in Pennsylvania. We don't do the Disney Parks, but there are plenty of other things to do in the area. We were able to swim at the resort daily. They have seven swimming pools. The staff is great, and very friendly. We met the general manager at the pool. He was kind enough to send a gift package to our room which was a delightful surprise. The units are all remodeled and very comfortable. We could have used a few more cooking items. For example, there were no pot holders in the unit. However, I understand most people are probably not cooking dinner here. Wish I was back there now.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

What a beautiful place to stay. Rooms, surroundings, pool areas all lovely. No complaints whatsoever. We were offered a free breakfast which we refused because we knew it was a timeshare promotion but there was no pressure put on us at all. As for the messages on the telephone people have mentioned, the phone doesn't even ring, just flashes so it certainly doesn't bother anyone and you don't have to reply. I would recommend Vistana villages, It is right at the end of International drive but you don't even need a car as there is the I trolley and shuttles to everywhere you need to go

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple