We just returned from a magnificent trip to Orlando where we stayed for 3 nights at the Sheraton Vistana Resort on International Drive. Let me start off by saying – it is a lovely place and we would stay there again. BUT, there need to be a few things straightened out. We were three couples traveling together and they could not place us in the same building ( they have 17) or even close together. The property is very nice and the infra structure is pretty well maintained. The “suites” are essentially nice - ours was pretty clean – just the kitchen floor was dirty and sticky when we checked in. We were slightly offended that the furniture e.g. dressers, TV stands, TV’s, nite stand was all handcuffed to the walls with plastic hand cuffs. The probable reason will soon be made apparent.
On arriving in our “suite” I called down to get some terry robes to use and was told “we are a resort” and therefore do not offer the usual Sheraton amenities. I was always under impression that a resort is a higher level than a hotel. This property is listed as a 4 or 4 ½ star property, so I was shocked. But what do I know, I am only the costumer. I then asked for extra large towels to use instead of robes and they promptly came up. The next day, the maid failed to replace the extra towels. I called down and was told NO! No extra towels unless you are willing to pay extra. I insisted on speaking to the on duty manager, and a Mr. White called me back shortly. He explained that they are a resort and attract a different type of clientele – a clientele that take the towels home, so the policy is to charge for extra towels. But in my case he will waive the charge.
I was most confused why the hotel manager would tell me that the Sheraton felt its’ guests are thieves!
We did have a nice time and the suite is very nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy spacious one and two-bedroom villas ranging from 500 to 1080 square feet, complimented by fully furnished kitchens or kitchenettes to make a sunny breakfast to a family feast with separate bedroom(s) featuring The Sheraton Sweet Sleeper, dining/living room, washer/dryer, free in room wireless internet, complimentary parking and no hidden resort fees. This resort is perfectly located on South International Drive on 95 beautifully manicured acres. Four unique pools including a quarter-acre pool with dramatic centerpiece waterfall, playful family interactive pools along with tennis, basketball, fitness centers and picnic areas with barbecue grills are sure to delight every member of the family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Vistana Villages - International Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Hotel Orlando
- Vistana Villages
- Sheraton Orlando
- Orlando Sheraton
- Sheraton International Drive
- Sheraton Vistana Villages - International Drive Orlando, Florida