11,464 results
All reviews food court hippy dippy pool the bus preferred room the bowling pin pool art of animation classic hall pop culture disney world rooms are small main building gift shop magical express magic kingdom dining plan cast members online check
Reviewed 10 September 2010

We stayed at the pop century hotel in the walt disney resort. when we arrived it was bright clean and for the budjet end of the resort hotels we were pleasantly suprised. great musical greeting we recieved by the hotel staff, this kept the children entertained whilst we checked in.
everything was organised for us (our pre booked ultimate tickets and dining plan) we were getting worried about these as we did not really know where we were going to get them either form the rep at the airport or from the hotel.
when we recieved our tickets we were pleased to know that the whole package was on one card which was also your room card! only america could think of that!! so no fiddling around for a room card then the dining plan tickets or looking for the park tickets everyday it was all on 1 card!!

Our rooms were spacious and clean nd the bathroom was basic. BUT by the time you get to the rooms every day you dont care what they look like you just wash and then sleep!!

the hotel has 3 pools and various splash areas for the little ones. life vests were free and always available by the pool for the little ones so no blowing up arm bands!

the pools were open 24hrs a day so when ever you wanted a dip you could have one. the life gaurds were on duty 10-10pm so not bad either.

there was a lake right behind the hotel which you could miss and it has a bridge over it if you stand on the bridge you can view the turtles.

if you have hired a car why?? there are loads of carparks but they are always full as you dont need the car. the shuttle services to all the parks and downtown disney were great the longest we had to wait one day for the shuttle bus was 15mins but otherwise they are in and out al the time.

if you have not decided on the dining plan then dont think any more get it before you leave, it was the best money we ever spent! food at the various resorts and parks is not that cheap and with the dining plan you have no worries you can eat most places with the plan and you will get far more value for your money than you ever expect. however please remember where ever you eat there is a gratuity charge which for a party of 6 or more is 18% so most of your money will be spent on gratuities during your stay.

an example of the disney dining plan. we had an allowance of snacks, quick service meal and a table service each day. now if you eat a pop century you will only be able to use your quick service meal, this can be breakfast or lunch or dinner the food would be something like an omlete and fried potatoes or waffles for breakfast with a drink and a side either fruit or pastry. for lunch could be burger and fries, drink, ice cream sundae. dinner would be the same as lunch. so basically a quick service is fast food.
as we did not want to eat fast food all the time and had table service too we visited different resort hotels and downtown disney and we ate in restaurants in the parks all on the plan. for a table service you could sit down and be served a choice off the menu and you had the choice of a main course a desert and a drink. starters were extra. non alcholic drinks are refills and alchol were extra.
snacks could be ice creams frozen drinks or pop corn bottled drinks etc... the list is endless.
other tips:
as this is a disney hotel they will not advise on anything other than disney related ventures. so if you want to visit universal or seaworld or islands of adventure or aquatica you will need to find your own way there. the hotel will give you details of a bus that charges 18$ each way per person. but there was 8 of us and that was expensive for 4 days so we hired a mini bus taxi which was 40$ each way for 4 days which save us a bit of money. if you are a small group then the bus transfer was the cheapest option talk to the hotel reception.
Always reserve a table if you are using the dining plan yu can do this via conceirge at the hotel or via the reservations on the inroom telephone. if you dont book you will not eat til late. although a little trick if you want to take the chance turn up when hungry and say you are a walk in and have no reservation every time we tried that we got seated first.
best places to eat with the dining plan: trails end restaurant at fort wilderness resort and camp ground. you get shuttle from pop century to magic kingdom then green flag boat to fort wilderness it is wonderful over there. you can view the magic kingdom fire works from their beach too. the food is buffet all you can eat and is ribs chicken and pasta pizza and great salad bar and dessert counter.
for breakfast quick service we reccommend downtown disney woolfgang puck restaurant next to the christmas shop.
for a early evening meal table service i would also suggest downtown disney and again woolfgan puck's but up the west side, which is where the shuttle drops at pleasure island.
unfortunaltly the downside of pop century is the resaurant it serves a purpose but it is the reason the hotel is budget. the food is very fast food!! and it is bedlam in the food hall at mealtimes, so either go early for breakfast or late for dinner.
do certainly invest in a refillable mug from the hotel as it is refillable all day and night for hot beverages or cold and you need your fluids.
this tip is a bit cheeky (sorry disney) but if you are on a budget you could visit the walmart which is 5mins in taxi and costs 20$ approx each way there you will find value gifts and food and drinks. not disney authenticity but cheaper.

there are loads more i can tell you please email if you want to know more.

great holiday but absolutly exhausted!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank stowes
Reviewed 7 September 2010

I stayed at POP during the Labor Day weekend. Room was renovated in the 70s building. I did not get any of my room requests upon check in. I was originally assigned a ground floor room and had to ask for the change which I was given. However, I was not in the building, floor or room style I requested. Room was TINY TINY. I'm not sure how families would fit in it. Room was clean and had plenty of towels, pillows and basic toiletries (soap and 2n1 shampoo/conditioner). I liked having disposable cups to use with my drinks. My room was near the elevator and close to classic hall and pool. Mousekeeping was good on first night. On the second they left me towels on my door since I left up my privacy tag which was nice. The third day was less stellar. it seemed they picked up the pile of dirty towels off the bathroom floor and just rehung them. Pretty gross seeing as I piled them on the floor because I wanted clean towels. Beds were rock hard and actually made my lower back a little stiff. Pillows were good and I had plenty. Sheets and blankets were low quality but clean and effective. Room had newer flat screen TV with remote and about 15 Disney channels. I think I watched the must do Disney show at least 10 times. Walls were thin and I could hear everything next door and above me including sneezes, talking, TVs, toilets, showers and sinks. I had a hard time sleeping without taking pills. I am a light sleeper but if you are not then that may not matter to you. Please now that the toilets make this weird whistling sound at the end of the flush. It's strange and loud but nothing to be frightened of.
All staff was kind and pretty helpful. Check in and out were slow. Plan to wait around for a good 30 minutes for each even with no line. Magical express was great as were the buses to the parks. I had to wait most of the time but it wasn't outrageous. Please note the stops for POP at the parks are far away usually at the end of the bus stops. Seems like the cheap resorts get the worst location. Food court was well appointed but expensive for the quality level. I ate there twice and both times the food was less than average quality. None of it was worth the cost or something I would order again. If I ever return to Disney I would eat at Downtown Disney more often or bring stuff for sandwiches from home to use. I was able to fill my personal water bottle each day with ice and water for no charge at food court. Also I used the hot water next to the tea and coffee to make my oatmeal for breakfast with no issues. Refills on cokes is allowed and was a big money saver for me. Most guests had the refillable resort mugs and liked them.
Resort is well decorated with cute things here and there. I could have made a day out of wandering around checking out all the sites and sounds. I think overall this resort is just a motel within the disney property. It is nothing special or worth the rack rate prices. I got the room for 57 a night before taxes and I think it was a fair price considering I used the magical express and park buses. If you are driving then I would recommend a budget chain off site to get more for your money. I don't think I would stay here again but I wasn't throughly unhappy here either. If the beds were more comfy and the walls were sound proof I would have enjoyed my stay more. Hopefully others will have a more magical experience than I did.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank hpfan100
Reviewed 7 September 2010

We were leery about booking a value hotel after having stayed in moderate resorts before, but we were happily surprised and we saved hundreds of dollars. We were able to check in early. The pool was wonderful every night, perfect temperature and it stayed open late. We met many nice people from around the country there. The food court had a pretty good selection, although we ate out at Disney restaurants most nights. The over sized memorabilia throughout the resort was wonderful, we walked from decade to decade showing our younger son things we had grown up with and even things he knew like Mr, Potato Head. That alone could have taken half a day. Best of all, staying in a Disney resort gives you a chance to ride their buses anywhere on Disney property, so we parked our car for the week. It is so relaxing and our son loved the buses, they are nice and clean and cool. Out of all the value hotels, this is the one that has its own bus, the others share a bus. The room wasn't huge but 3 of us had plenty of room and we didn't spend a ton of time in there, but our son did play with his new Disney toys happily. The beds were comfy enough, not the most plush, but no complaints. The cleaning staff was very friendly, as was the front desk staff. Our room was clean and up to par with all the other hotels we have stayed in. Overall, a great stay! We would go to Pop Century again and save the money and use it in other areas like dinners and gifts.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2010

Stayed here 7 nights while touring through the World. There was myself plus 3 children aged 10 - 13. Have previously stayed at Port Orleans Riverside.

Read many reviews about several of the Disney resorts so I knew what to expect.

We ended up in the 80's section, building 9 facing the pool on the 3rd floor.

The rooms are very small but if you are organized you can manage. The rooms are clean and updated, housekeeping was fantastic.

I read some complaints about the beds. Beds to me are a personal choice, I found the beds fairly comfortable, but certainly not a top of the line mattress. One of the things we did to help the sleeping arrangements with 4 in a room was to bring some camping stuff and one person slept on the floor each night. You'll need a small air mattress or high density foam to fit. We used a single self inflating mattress and then a sleeping bag on top of that for padding and then another sleeping bag to sleep in. Housekeeping often made up this bed for us too.

Also read many complaints about noise. We faced the pool but did not find any real noise issues either from the pool or adjoining rooms. Occasionally heard cleaning staff in the morning. I will also say the resort was not very busy when we were there, parking lot was maybe 1/2 full.

Also suggest you either pay the extra for the fridge, it will com in handy, or if possible put the money you would spend on the fridge rental toward buying a plug in cooler.

Pool was nice and the grounds were well kept. Biggest complaint was with the laundry area. Change machine was not working properly, a staff made change for me and the dryers are terrible. They do not vent properly and as a result cloths dry slowly.

Biggest surprise was the food in the cafeteria, we found it remarkably good and were surprised at many of the portion sizes.

Overall very pleased with the choice.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank Dancing_DadStrathroy
Reviewed 4 September 2010

Four of us stayed at Pop for 5 days. Two adults, two teens. The guys shared a bed and us girls shared a bed (two teens of different genders prefer it this way.) We had the dining plan with the one quick-serve, one sit-down and one snack each per day.

We stayed at the Contemporary the year before, and find Pop to be preferable. The food court catered to everyones' tastes, the buses were convenient, and the pool(s) did not have ducks that poo all over everything. We truly lik Pop better, even if it does not have a monorail to MK or Epcot.

We're going back this October, and staying at Pop again. This will be the 4th time to Pop. We had the money this year to go to another resort, but selected Pop....

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family