11,465 results
All reviews food court hippy dippy pool the bus preferred room the bowling pin pool art of animation classic hall pop culture disney world rooms are small main building gift shop magical express magic kingdom dining plan cast members online check
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

It is a great hotel. It’s more like a value hotel. It was close to Disney and it had the magic buses shuttle pick you up in the front for free which was cool. The hotel was nice and clean. Quiet at night. Room service was great and they had a bar right by the pool which was super cool

Stayed: January 2018
3  Thank Jaime C
Reviewed 14 February 2018

We stayed at Pop in Jan. 2018 in the 90s section. I had asked for 80s, but in the 90s section, you get a great view of the cute 80s decor anyway, so I was OK with 90s. Giant Rubics Cubes and pac Man stuff. Our room was newly redone with non carpeted floors, which I didn't care for. But the queen beds were great, bathroom shower and fixture were new and awesome. The bus service was excellent all week. We barely waited anywhere. Food court was OK for a quick bite, we got pizza and liked it. Walked over to Art of Animation and looked around and how cute their stuff was and bought some things in their giftshop, which I liked better. We could hear overhead noise when we were resting in the room, so I went to concierge desk and asked if a box fan could be brought to our room and they brought it! Blocked out so much noise and was kind of awesome.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank krystalball_10
Reviewed 14 February 2018

This was a lovely Disney vacation.

If you are gluten free there are lots of options for you at this hotel! The chef greets you personally and takes your order! Very nice guest experience.

They also have maps, concierge, fun activities, etc. going on all the time.

Pros:
- Beautifully renovated rooms
- multiple pools
- very clean
- mini fridge in room
- great room size
- Fully updated and very cool modern style
- Disney themed bath products
- Excellent service

Cons:
- Food quality could be improved
- Real plates/glasses would be nice vs. paper/plastic
- long walk to get to the buses from our room. We were the furthest from the buses.
- I know the resort is supposed to be a time warp but I still feel like it needs a face lift.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff Rachel C
Reviewed 13 February 2018

When I compare Pop Century Resort with the All Star Music Resort (ASMR), ASMR is much more appealing to me. The reason is, in the ASMR you walk by musical instruments, of huge proportions, as part of each of the many resort buildings outdoor decorative appearance. Here at Pop Century, since the century-theme of the resort is 1950s to 1990s, it did not have the unified simplicity of a music themed resort.
If you are in to Disney Pin Trading, Pop Century offers less of an opportunity to trade pins via its smaller than ASMR's gift shop. Pop Century's front desk's pin trading selection is smaller than ASMR's.
If you decide that you want to stay at the Pop Century Resort, building numbers 6 and 10 are worth asking in advance for. They are near the main building, which is a BIG advantage because you will have a short walk to ALL buses that go to the parks, which includes Magic Kingdom and many others.
If you can avoid doing so, don't carry a BAG to any of the parks. There is a security check line for people with bags at each park, and it is VERY long. People without bags bypass that particular security checking area and just empty their pockets, ladies open their purses and then are admitted with little waiting time.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank Harvey M
Disney-Parks-Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Pop Century Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2018

It's music to my ears to hear that our Guests find their groove at one of our many Resorts! I'm sorry to read that Pop Century does not suit your style the same as All-Star Music; however, your reasoning is a tune I can certainly sing.

Each of our properties provides a very different style, even within the All-Star Resorts we offer three separate themes so that we may hit the spot for as many Guests as possible.

Something to keep in mind at our Value and Moderate Resorts is that we do offer a Preferred Room category that will guarantee Guests a location closer to transportation or the main building. Guests are certainly welcome to make this request without the booking of the category, though any request cannot be guaranteed, our Room Assignment teams do try their hardest to honor as many requests as possible.

Thank you for sharing your great tip on Theme Park security. We know it's hard to plan for a day in the Parks without a bag for many Guests, though as you mentioned it will save time entering each of our Parks (especially during our peak seasons).

I hope you'll be whistling while you work while having fun with us at our Parks again real soon!

Janet
Disney Social Reviews

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

The lady that checked us in was on her game. We were handed the 2 sided dining sheet that is basically the KEY to a great dining experience.

This property is being refurbished.
The mattress is great. Plenty of USB phone charges incorporated into the electrical outlets. The closet and bathroom have great lighting. Plenty of storage nooks. The Grohe. Shower Faucets, Delta Shower Doors, and I loved the telescopic bathroom diver door. After a day in the park it was so refreshing.

We had a new room in building #6.
Which is to the left of the dining, concierge, Disney transportation.

We had breakfast here and then took the other meals at other resorts. This allowed us to check other properties out for a future trip. The food offerings are based on the theme of the resort and include American fare.
I truly enjoyed the fish & chips and French Pastries in Epcot.

I wish that they would rethink the boats in Epcot. For a senior if they were more stratigically placed to make it easier to get out of the park.

At Animal Kingdom they did away with the boats. You can get trampled by people trying to get to Avatar ride. I was surprised that Disney had no personnel looking out for crowd support.
You must walk all the way in and then bare to the left to get to Pandorah.
Here Disney needs a back door for ADA visitors and seniors. To have them go all the way back the way they came in is too tiring. I can see why many senior that live in Florida opt not to visit.
Although they will pay for the trip for their children and grandchildren.
In looking at the map a pathway a pathway from the park to the left (Pandorah) and park to the right could be accomodated. The gateway could be monitored through the wristband acess.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank blsmeister

I am beyond thrilled that your check-in experience and room here at Pop Century made memories to last a lifetime for you. Our Cast Members are here to make the difference for our Guests and we are always so pleased to read about instances where this happened.

It is delightful to know how much our Guests are enjoying the renovations that have happened to our Resort rooms. The lighting has really livened up the space and the bathroom enhancements do indeed make for a more relaxing getting-ready-ritual in the morning.

With so many dining options around property I am happy to see that you found enjoyment with our Yorkshire County Fish Shop offerings. Sampling foods from all around the World in just a matter of an afternoon is one of our best attributes at Epcot!

We hope to share many more memorable moments in time with you at Pop Century Resort.

Janet